khanak

The Laptop/Notebook thread.

Looking for a 13-inch laptop for my wife. She's mostly gonna be using it for some google docs/MS office work along lots of browsing and streaming.

Requirements:

- Sleek and compact.

- Good screen and build quality.

- Would prefer 8gigs of RAM. Don't need a very powerful processor.

- Good battery life.

- A decent number of I/O ports.

Budget ~60-80k tops. Was looking at the XPS13, but it seems like the lower end version is unavailable. Any suggestions? 

Don't want the Mac Air 13 inch version 😅

Edited by l33tmaniac

^ You can look at the HP Envy x360 line up, be warned the base tends to get quite toasty. Performance would be good (Ryzen based). 

The only recommendation I would have is bumping the RAM up to double the installed /soldered capacity. 

• Thanks 1

Get an ASUS FX505DY, falls in your price bracket, performs better than comparable Intel offerings and since it is going to be mostly home use, the slightly gamer-y accents and reduced battery life should not be instant turn offs. 

17 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

Get an ASUS FX505DY, falls in your price bracket, performs better than comparable Intel offerings and since it is going to be mostly home use, the slightly gamer-y accents and reduced battery life should not be instant turn offs. 

Yup. That's what I bought. 

41 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

Gotcha. Not bad price, suggest adding more RAM. 

Isn't 8GB plenty already? I have the same amount on my desktop, able to run most AAA games just fine.

On my laptop, there's a measly 4GB and it's able to boot most applications albeit not all at once. Strictly no gaming either.

Haven't had any complaints thus far but yeah more memory is always good.

11 minutes ago, KickAssGamer said:

Isn't 8GB plenty already? I have the same amount on my desktop, able to run most AAA games just fine.

On my laptop, there's a measly 4GB and it's able to boot most applications albeit not all at once. Strictly no gaming either.

Haven't had any complaints thus far but yeah more memory is always good.

It is in single-channel, Ryzen processors love the bandwidth provided by a dual-channel configuration.