The Laptop/Notebook thread.

khanak

What do you guys think about this one?

This config comes to around 58.3K, with shipping not factored in, so round total should be around 60K or so

The only thing VAIO has over this is the Graphics card. (ATI HD 5650)

Haha.. bro, this is the exact XPS my friend got for 60k.. the coincidence...!! lol

go for it.. i'll be gettin the same very soon but with 6GB RAM (2x2GB, 2x1GB)!!.. so it'll come around to be 65k!!

And also, Gaming on laptop is not advisable...!!

Edited by Madhav

• 2 weeks later...

What are the various payment options for Dell if I am buying stuff online? I really didn't see any section for payment FAQs.

can I make the payment through credit card? or is it advisable to pay through cheques?

BTW, I have decided to get this one:

Studio XPS 15

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i7-740QM (1.73GHz, 4Core/8Threads, turbo boost up to 2.93Ghz, 6M cache)

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64bit (English)

MEMORY 4GB (2GBx2) 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM

HARD DRIVE 500GB SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive

OPTICAL DRIVE Slot Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability

IDEO CARD 1GB DDR3 ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5730

AUDIO SOLUTION Integrated CREATIVE Sound Blaster® X-Fi MB Audio Software Solution

BATTERIES 9-cell (85WHr) Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Rs.69,900.00

I really wanted the MacBook Pro, but it is simply way out of my budget

Edited by lithuvien

• 1 month later...

The new XPS is finally out. I like the look, some dont.

But, important thing: How good is the GT 420 card? They have the 435 GT also, but only the 2GB version and to get that, you need to upgrade to i7 as well, which is another 10k in total. I hardly game on the PC, but I want Diablo III.

The new XPS is finally out. I like the look, some dont.

But, important thing: How good is the GT 420 card? They have the 435 GT also, but only the 2GB version and to get that, you need to upgrade to i7 as well, which is another 10k in total. I hardly game on the PC, but I want Diablo III.

You're getting the BR drive as well.

I suggest you go for the config costing 50k and add a 3 year complete cover warranty.

• 1 month later...

Okay guys, I will not be gaming on my console for quite a long time from February and am thinking of buying a decent gaming laptop. I currently have a Dell XPS M1530 which I purchased back in April, 2008. The laptop was great but right now it is too outdated to play any new game even on Medium settings.

I have seen a new Dell XPS notebook now which costs 46k and has the following features :

Processor

Intel® Core™ i5-460M Processor (2.53GHz, 2Core/4Threads, turbo up to 2.8GHz, 3M cache)

Memory

4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 4G) (operates at 1066MHZ for Core i5 processors)

Video Card

1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 420M graphics with Bluetooth (with WIDI)

Thus I would like to know whether I should go for this. Should I expect this laptop to run all games at high settings atleast for the next 2 years?

Please suggest me a laptop for arnd 50K.

Would prefer DELL,HP.

Will use it for multimedia,movies,downloading,music,documents,photoshop.etc. but not for gaming.

must have a good battery life.

Wait for a month. Intel has just released new processors with better performance and battery life. It will be in India in a couple of weeks or so.