Random stuff from the internet (not news)

Aftrunner

3 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

My mom is a Lecturer at NCERT in the Early Childhood Education department. Plus she is a member of the IIT council for early education.

She has formulated a lot of the core curriculum which institutions like NEP follows.

Everything starts from motor skills, senses, native tongue, play-way method etc. Me and my siblings started off through that only.

They actually recommend this till 2nd/3rd class but even though it's the official and the recommended way, sadly, hardly any schools follow it.

Responsibility on the parents are now more than ever to choose the best for their kids.

Exactly. Most schools are businesses designed to extort money by showing off percentages. Not that parents are any different. 

My sister in law works at one of the DPS branches in NCR. The horror stories we hear about the sh*t parents give to the teachers is mind boggling. We/our parents couldn't do 1/10th of such things a couple of decades back. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

I remember an anecdote she talked about at DPS - the Maths teacher changed one (just one) question in the class test, and that was not from the book. When the parents saw their kids did not get "full" marks due to a question not from the book, many of them lost their minds. 

How the f**k can you raise a kid primarily on rote learning in any of the STEM subjects ? But that's what schools are in a way forced to do since parents just want "full" marks. I lost my sh*t listening to this anecdote. 

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

When you say the kid does not have aptitude, are you talking only about the core educational activities that the Indian system teaches ? The kid can be exceptional other vocations he or she was never even exposed to. I think that's where our system lacks. Too much emphasis on rote learning, competition and marks, low on development. 

You didn't get my point. 

In the context of Edtech and tuitions/coaching system, don't think any parent enroll their kids to learn subjects like say...Humanities.

It is always around Maths/Natural sciences and in some cases for Commerce if the parents want kid to be doing BCom/CA, but that happens much later.

But pre-secondary coachings are predominantly for PCM/B. I don't see parents saying for a grade 6th student ke "ladka social studoes mein kamzor hai, tuition lagani padegi"

The whole career of kids gets decided when they are in 9/10th. Because that's where you decide that if you are going to be PCM/B or others.

And AFA kids of primary/pre-primary are concerned, there are just way too many things available for them for "learning", my kid was learning Football when he was 4 and going to Art classes at the same time, he will be going in Piano classes and Karate this year. We just didn't have access to all these things.

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Random stuff from the internet (not news)
  • CarbonCore locked this topic