Random stuff from the internet (not news)

Aftrunner

43 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Comparing to sugar isn't apt. Sugar doesn't destroy your body the moment it touches it. As a matter of fact, neither does alcohol.

It's not about that but the restriction of choice.

It wouldn't take much effort for the govt. to decide that more than X quantity of sugar is harmful for a kid and hence should be banned.

This is how stretching the limits of Democracy starts. 

Just put an age limit on smoking with consequences. Make 18 or 21, let them make their own choice.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Then why ban weed, LSD, heroin, etc? 

I'm just curious as to where the line is drawn. If you ask me, I feel everything should be legalised. At least, the addicts can get good quality stuff without fear of adulteration. 

Ohh definitely. I am all for choice.

But maybe I can still get behind the heroin or cocaine ban because it's much easier to overdose or lose track of yourself.

Smoking although harmful, is much more forgiving. So for me it's a balancing act.

Mind you, I don't drink/smoke or anything so I don't have any biases.

In Australia, activists have been lobbying for years to ban sugary drinks for kids instead of educating them. They even proposed replacing sugar with other artificial sweeteners which aren't good for your body anyway.

Next thing, would mandatory 20 min walk for everyone.

I know I am extrapolating but taking away the choice is not the answer to curb the issue.

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Random stuff from the internet (not news)
  • CarbonCore locked this topic