Random stuff from the internet (not news)

Aftrunner

16 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/06/11/google-ai-lamda-blake-lemoine/

This gave me goosebumps. I never thought we will get to see a sentient AI so early in my lifetime. 

Paywall. Sigh. 

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

f**k. Exciting and scary. Sentient or not, a thinking AI is not far away. WhatbuyWhy had some great articles few years ago. 

I think these ppl just stumbled onto this. They probably did not have any intention to develop a sentient AI as such. Pichai literally demoed Lamda at Google I/O 2021. 

Now that google has put the engineer in question on paid administrative leave because of breaching confidentiality agreement who knows where is this heading. 

2 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

I think these ppl just stumbled onto this. They probably did not have any intention to develop a sentient AI as such. Pichai literally demoed Lamda at Google I/O 2021. 

Now that google has put the engineer in question on paid administrative leave because of breaching confidentiality agreement who knows where is this heading. 

Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator GIF by Filmin

4 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

f**k. Exciting and scary. Sentient or not, a thinking AI is not far away. WhatbuyWhy had some great articles few years ago. 

3 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

just in time

Robots can now be covered in living skin grown from real human cells to make them look more like us.

As robots increasingly take on roles as nurses, care workers, teachers and other jobs that involve close personal contact, it is important to make them look more human so we feel comfortable interacting with them, says Shoji Takeuchi at the University of Tokyo in Japan.

At the moment, robots are sometimes coated in silicone rubber to give them a fleshy appearance, but the rubber lacks the texture of human skin, he says.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2323290-scientists-covered-a-robot-finger-in-living-human-skin/

20 hours ago, Snake said:

just in time

Robots can now be covered in living skin grown from real human cells to make them look more like us.

As robots increasingly take on roles as nurses, care workers, teachers and other jobs that involve close personal contact, it is important to make them look more human so we feel comfortable interacting with them, says Shoji Takeuchi at the University of Tokyo in Japan.

At the moment, robots are sometimes coated in silicone rubber to give them a fleshy appearance, but the rubber lacks the texture of human skin, he says.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2323290-scientists-covered-a-robot-finger-in-living-human-skin/

I demand they made a robot that looks like a young Arnold Schwarznegger.

On 6/13/2022 at 6:04 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Crazy. 

https://eurasiantimes.com/chinas-deploys-j-20-stealth-fighters-near-indian-border/?amp

Who else feels there might be another war between China and India in our lifetime?

No, they get what they want anyway, no need to go to war.

59 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

1. How a US based firm was managed to do forensic study on the laptops when it's in NIA custody?

2. These reports are for consumption of extremely low IQ janta. earlier Rona Wilson made a deposition that it was Pune Police which planted the evidence. ? This was immediately thrown out.

Edited by Right