Random stuff from the internet (not news)

Aftrunner

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I would argue that Zelenksy is doing much better than an average politician in this case. He's still in Ukraine ! Trying to fight and find a solution. Asking for all the help possible. 

He has to tread a very thin tight rope at the moment. No one wants to be in his shoes. 

You really think that having almost zero experience in politics,diplomacy,  dosent impact this kind of situations in anyway.

Public speeches, addressing people of the country on media,talking about dying for the nation,these things are surely needed but what happening behind the curtains is the real sh*t,and i want atleast a little credibility in that person who is managing ,not any business or MNC,but the whole country.

3 minutes ago, Felix the cat said:

You really think that having almost zero experience in politics,diplomacy,  dosent impact this kind of situations in anyway.

Public speeches, addressing people of the country on media,talking about dying for the nation,these things are surely needed but what happening behind the curtains is the real sh*t,and i want atleast a little credibility in that person who is managing ,not any business or MNC,but the whole country.

And why would you think he’s incompetent ? Possibly one of the bravest president in recent times. He deftly avoided launching a witch hunt on his rival (!) when Trump desperately wanted it.  
Politics and diplomacy does not come by birth. Most politicians in a similar situation would have fled the country at the first sign of intrusion. This guy is still there, still fighting, still trying to work things about. That’s what happens when you have a common man, who does not know the level of deception by most politicians, joins politics. 
Leading from the front. 

57 minutes ago, harjas said:

oh and what do you think trump would have done? he called Putin's move as genius afaik

Trump had Pompeo in Administration, it won't have come to this.

When he made truce between civilizational enemies in Middle-east, calmed down NaKo, Putin is nothing.

And current Prez was Veep, when Putin got Crimea, so Putin knew it well what kind of pussy he is dealing with.

People think Trump was some "Russian asset", but fact is that it is Biden Jr who did all sorta hanky panky to get lay with 10$ hookers from China and Ukrain.

13 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

And why would you think he’s incompetent ? Possibly one of the bravest president in recent times. He deftly avoided launching a witch hunt on his rival (!) when Trump desperately wanted it.  
Politics and diplomacy does not come by birth. Most politicians in a similar situation would have fled the country at the first sign of intrusion. This guy is still there, still fighting, still trying to work things about. That’s what happens when you have a common man, who does not know the level of deception by most politicians, joins politics. 
Leading from the front. 

Exactly, let's not get this thread locked.

But he's primarily the reason why all the major countries are so vocal against Russia and how openly US is also supplying intel to Ukraine aiding them in whatever way they want.

Russia's threat to Finland and Sweden further show his frustration.

I find it very fascinating when people on forums suddenly start behaving like they could have done better or that they know better as compared to the people who are actually there, fighting.

When you have a person like Putin in front of you, nothing matters.

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

I find it very fascinating when people on forums suddenly start behaving like they could have done better or that they know better as compared to the people who are actually there, fighting.

When you have a person like Putin in front of you, nothing matters.

Exactly. And I know Ukraine and a bunch of other Europeans countries have their neo Nazi issues, but goddamn are they are hardened bunch. Still fighting against the Russians, but the brutal Chenchens are in cities now. 
Might be over soon. Tons of war crimes incoming. 

Respect. 

4 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

Russia's threat to Finland and Sweden further show his frustration.

Crazy, eh ?

12 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Crazy, eh ?

Not crazy enough, if there was no Ukraine going on right now I'd expect some sort of troop movement /  actual action to intimidate them Swedes/ Finnies.

51 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

And why would you think he’s incompetent. 

Many que, but first.

we are just talking,right. like neighbours do.

I dont want this thread locked :cheers:.

12 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Why ukrain is standing alone.

Did Zelensky fail to garner support of NATO members?

Or he failed strategically with russia to keep putin assured and calm .

( Also, i think it was impossible to keep russia calm and that has many valid reasons too  )

Although we have already seen usa vs russia in iraq and syria.what goes wrong in ukrain.

Edited by Felix the cat

7 minutes ago, Felix the cat said:

Many que, but first.

we are just talking,right. like neighbours do.

I dont want this thread locked :cheers:.

Just same is my que.

Why ukrain is standing alone.

Does zelenskiy failed to contrubte the support of NATO members.

Or he failed strategically with russia to keep putin assured and calm .

( Also, i think it was impossible to keep russia calm and that has many valid reasons too  )

Although we have already seen usa vs russia in iraq and syria.what goes wrong in ukrain.

I think this talks volumes about him:

He’s an ordinary man who suddenly got shoved in a geopolitical storm. 

Was made false promises from the West, was forced not to join NATO, among others. 
In all reality, this isn’t even Ukraine’s fight. The area was primed by Western powers to keep on poking Putin. 
But now the Ukrainians are beating the brunt. 
And did you really think Putin was serious about invading Ukraine ? Almost everyone thought it was an empty threat, like many before. 
Even now, nothing major has been sanctioned against Putin or Russian oligarchs or even Russia. 

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I think this talks volumes about him:

He’s an ordinary man who suddenly got shoved in a geopolitical storm. 

Was made false promises from the West, was forced not to join NATO

I never said he is a bad person or he ran away . He's standing with his country at this time thats a good thing but you're not getting my point.

Zelenskyy was elected President of Ukraine on 2019, maybe he makes the situation worst.

Or maybe what putin think, this is the best time for him/russia to get what he'd want as his rival country put someone in charge after watching a show/movie Its like making anil kapoor P.M of India after watching Nayak

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

He ate putin's a## for breakfast even while being president 

Hahahaha. You are funny.

Trump toasted 200 Russian mercs in Syria.

People actually don't know things to realise what kind of badass mofo prez he was. 

Massive respect to Ukraine's president!!! Did not even know who he was earlier, now showing grit and bravery! 

Also, I know the thread is going OT (was bound to be at this time) but just wanna say. The person not in power is always the most powerful person. 

What Trump is doing is classic opposition move. The same "If I was in power I would do XXX". Pretty sure Biden would have done the same. Our leaders are also doing the same. 

I myself would have done a lot if I was in power :lol:

1 minute ago, dante77 said:

Massive respect to Ukraine's president!!! Did not even know who he was earlier, now showing grit and bravery! 

Also, I know the thread is going OT (was bound to be at this time) but just wanna say. The person not in power is always the most powerful person. 

What Trump is doing is classic opposition move. The same "If I was in power I would do XXX". Pretty sure Biden would have done the same. Our leaders are also doing the same. 

I myself would have done a lot if I was in power :lol:

But the ex-president of Ukraine is patrolling the streets with an AK like a mofo badass :gunsmilie:

16 minutes ago, dante77 said:

The person not in power is always the most powerful person. 

Of course.

But power is determined by peace one can command, and by that Trump made the world much more peaceful place than what his predecessor left for him.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Not really 

Guy got played like a fiddle by US & NATO. 

End of the day it’s the ppl who suffer…not the leaders. 
He will walk away scratch free most likely. 

The country on the other hand will never be the same. 

In today’s world & age it’s just stupid to pick sides & make enemy out of your closest powerful neighbor. 

He should have had a more neutral business to business stance with both NATO & East and the world (including his country) would have been a better place. 

• Like 2