Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HundredProofSam

February releases: Bioshock 2, Dante’s Inferno, Heavy Rain, etc

February releases: Bioshock 2, Dante’s Inferno, Heavy Rain, etc

Despite Splinter Cell Conviction being pushed back (again) from it’s February release date, there are still plenty of great games this month to make things harder on the wallet. First up is Bioshock 2, the sequel to one of the best games of 2007. Indian release date for Bioshock 2 is February 9 and it will be available on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. Sharing the same release date is one of the most anticipated games of the month - Dante’s Inferno.

Dante’s Inferno will be available in two versions on the PS3, with only the collector’s edition (Death Edition) available for Xbox 360. The Divine Edition (PS3 only), in addition to the game, includes a digital artbook, the game’s soundtrack, and a complete Longfellow translation of Dante Alighieri’s Inferno, the poem the game is based on. The Death Edition is available on PS3 and Xbox 360 (check image below for contents) and it comes with special packaging and a host of collectibles and unlockables.

dantes-death-edition.jpg

There are also preorder bonuses being offered with Dante’s Inferno. The Divine Edition will get you a hardcover artbook and the Relics triple pack unlock code. The Death Edition preorder will get you a cool Dante figurine, and if you preorder the PS3 version, the Relics pack as well. There’s also a PSP version of Dante’s Inferno; that hits stores on February 22.

Quantic Dream’s highly anticipated Heavy Rain will finally release this month. This PS3-exclusive should be in stores on February 24. The next instalment in the Total War series - Napoleon: Total War, is set for release on February 26 and will be priced at Rs 999. PS3 JRPG fans have much to look forward to this month. First, there’s the release of Star Ocean IV: The Last Hope International on February 12. Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 version won’t be releasing in India. Later in the month, PS3-exclusive White Knight Chronicles will release here. Look for it in stores on February 26. Lastly, Alien vs Predator also releases on the 19th of this month for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

UPDATE: There's a slight change in the Dante's Inferno release. The Divine Edition will not be releasing in India, so we'll only be getting the standard and death editions. Divine Edition is only for the US.

Here’s a complete run down of February releases, along with prices and expected release dates

Bioshock 2

Release date: February 9

Pricing: Rs 2,499 (PS3, Xbox 360), Rs 699 (PC)

Dante’s Inferno

Release date: February 9 (Xbox 360, PS3), February 22 (PSP)

Pricing: Rs 2,499 (PS3 Standard Edition), Rs 2,999 (PS3, Xbox 360 Death Edition), Rs 1,599 (PSP)

Star Ocean IV: The Last Hope International

Release date: February 12

Pricing: Rs 2,499 (PS3)

Ben 10: Alien Force Vilgax Attacks

Release date: February 12

Pricing: Rs 1,499 (PSP), Rs 1,299 (PS2)

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3

Release date: February 16

Pricing: Rs 1,499 (PSP)

Alien vs Predator

Release date: February 19

Pricing: Rs 2,499 (Xbox 360, PS3), Rs 699 (PC)

Sonic & Sega All Star Racing

Release date: February 23

Pricing: Rs 2,499 (PS3, Xbox 360), Rs 699 (PC)

Heavy Rain

Release date: February 24

White Knight Chronicles

Release date: February 26

Napoleon: Total War

Release date: February 26

Pricing: Rs 999 (PC)

Vancouver 2010 Olympics

Release date: N/A

Pricing: Rs 2,499 (PS3), Rs 699 (PC)

:P

wtf is this sheeet. i hvnt even playd any of the jan games.. army of 2, bayonetta or darksiders. not to mention me2. and then this f***** month shows up with a bunch of curdling stupid releases which i wanna play too.

:P

plus iv got demon's souls just lying around..like a limp cabbage, waiting for me to put it into the console and AC2 from last year. n i havnt had my fill of mw2 either. grrrr..

So DI's PS3 Death Edition pre-order will give us everything..am i correct??

Yup, thats right.

Took me half an hour (and many phone calls :doh:) to figure out all the different editions with the different platforms and the different extras and the different preorder bonuses with Dante's Inferno :rofl:

peace

So DI's PS3 Death Edition pre-order will give us everything..am i correct??

Yup, thats right.

Took me half an hour (and many phone calls :doh:) to figure out all the different editions with the different platforms and the different extras and the different preorder bonuses with Dante's Inferno :rofl:

peace

lol. still fail. looks like.. Prathap (the name screams danger man :O ) won't be getting the hardbound artbook.

There are also preorder bonuses being offered with Dante’s Inferno. The Divine Edition will get you a hardcover artbook and the Relics triple pack unlock code. The Death Edition preorder will get you a cool Dante figurine, and if you preorder the PS3 version, the Relics pack as well.

bwahahaa. old sam is old.