Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HundredProofSam

Review: Dante’s Inferno

glad to hear you like the genre and DI.

I would like to see a review put the perspective of jigsaw's kind (no prior gow) into some consideration as well :rofl:

That is actually how i played the game; and wrote the review :doh:

A lot of games derive from each other, and delving into a game with pre-conceived notions is never a good thing

which is what i don't really get....why not treat each game in it's own...if my mom cooks fabulous biryani; and i also find out another restaurant which serves good, but not that great a variant, why should i just brand that restaurant cr*p?

you still cannot overlook the following points with the game:

- the framerate is a sturdy 60 throughout; even though it's a multiplatform game

- levels are nicely designed (the general color palette is putting ppl off, but then that is how hell is)

- some nice tweaks to existing mechanics (

you can be kicked while riding a big monster by another guy who reclaims control

)

- skill tree is nicely done

- magic moves have a nice touch

and a few more

As I said, none of the real issues in Dante's Inferno have anything to do with God of War. I might have written about how it takes inspiration from God of War if there wasn't enough to criticise about the game already. It just doesn't grow; there's no variety in the gameplay. You just keep doing the same stuff throughout the game. It's a grind.

peace

I don't know, im really enjoying the game. The boss fights are fun and keep you on edge.

These are most exposed when facing smaller enemy types like the unbaptised babies. They’re quick and attack without any sort of indication, and neither the block, jump nor evade manoeuvres are responsive enough to counter them. So if more than one of them comes at you, chances are you will take a few hits.

Btw about those babies, u know u can just grab them and 1 shot them..choosing to absolve or punish

I don't know, im really enjoying the game. The boss fights are fun and keep you on edge.

Btw about those babies, u know u can just grab them and 1 shot them..choosing to absolve or punish

i've started absolving them poor lil mutants :doh:

Just realised you can absolve those bigger monsters too that pop up in amongst the typical wave of minions. Guess i've grown tired of ripping them into two pieces when the QTE kicks in :thumbsup:

^^ everything gets annoying after a while. I guess its best to punish for a level.. then absolve, then switch back ;)

Am on level 13 where

there are the unbaptised babies spewing out of the monster-chick's boobs

For the first time in my life, i've had to close my bedroom door while playing a darn game :)

^^ everything gets annoying after a while. I guess its best to punish for a level.. then absolve, then switch back ;)

Am on level 13 where

there are the unbaptised babies spewing out of the monster-chick's boobs

For the first time in my life, i've had to close my bedroom door while playing a darn game :)

thats lvl 2...Lust tower

The button press sequence at the end is pretty sensual lol.

I had to play through that boss fight twice.

I somehow bugged it out the first time.

She let out Mark Antony to fight me, at this one pt he did an uppercut attack at the same time she punched the ground

and i jumped, after that i just stayed in the air floating and the camera starting going haywire around me.

Somehow i managed to blind hit the boss down with the holy attacks, then i saw the whole button sequence happen without dante there lol. Was kinda wierd, so did it again.

i am taking the holy path as much as i can.

:thumbsup:

had to punish a few only to get scythe attacks.

Same here. I'm also absolving all the famous "damned". But I can't help punishing the babies after grabbing - it's just so much faster that way!

And yeah, the boss fights are pretty cool. At least the three I've done so far

Minos, Cleopatra/Marc Antony, Cerberus

were really well done. I just wish there were less tits in the game (yeah I can't believe I'm saying this either)... but that whole Carnal Tower section had me on the edge... not because of the gameplay but I kept hoping no one walks into the room.