Introduce Yourself : The New Members Thread

SchizoidFreud

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. 

I'm from Bangalore (tho my college is in another city). I'm 21 years old. 

My first console was a PSP in 2009, second was PS3 in 2011, on which I played tons of games. I still have them both in perfect working condition lol. 

I currently have Nintendo Switch OLED and a couple of games. (I'm always looking for more games but they're expensive af and I can't afford many). But I LOVE playing on handheld, so I'll have to arrange something. 

And I also have a couple of years old Asus gaming laptop with i5 9300h and GTX 1650. I dislike multilayer games, and I almost exclusively play story heavy games. Like JRPGs and RPGs. Anything that won't require multiplayer connection. 

My favourite games are BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, GTA 5. I'm a completionist and I literally cannot put down a game without completing all the side quests, no matter how trivial it is. 

Besides gaming I also like anime and manga. (I'm learning Japanese and have almost completed N5 syllabus). 

Would Love to game and talk with you guys. 

• Like 4

Hi,

I stumbled upon this great Desi gaming forum when searching for an active online community for gamers. (I don't like those western gaming forums as most members are very racist and rude). 

I have been a gamer since my dad bought me an Atari 2600 in 1989. Over the years, I have owned a NES, Sega, PS, PS2, and PS3. I also play  PC games on my old Dell Inspiron i3 laptop that my dad bought me in 2011.

I mostly play RPG and FPS action games like Half Life, Resident Evil, Skyrim, FF series, etc. I used to play 14+ hours a day in my younger days sometimes playing near dawn to complete the game.

Some of my pleasant memories include finishing games like Captain Robin (NES), Spiderman (NES), Aladin (Sega), Top Gear (Sega), Half Life (PC), Skyrim (PC), FFVII, IX, X, XII (PS1, PS2 and PC), Mario64 (PC emulator), RE series (PC, PS, PS2, PS3; favourite were RE4 and RE6), GTA Vice City and San Andreas (PS2). 

I am currently playing Skyrim and Xfiles game on my PC and Max Payne 3 and Mortal Kombat game on my PS3.

I plan to upgrade my laptop next month. Also, I plan to upgrade  my console to PS 5 when I've finished my existing libray of games - Unchartered, Batman, Assassin Creed, Max Payne 3, etc.

I hope to contribute to this community and interact with like minded young and venerated hard core gamers in this forum.

Edited by Legacy Gamer
Added more information about myself
  • Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 1:21 AM, Legacy Gamer said:

Hi,

I stumbled upon this great Desi gaming forum when searching for an active Desi community. (I don't like those western gaming forums as most members are very racist and rude). 

I have been a gamer since my dad bought me an Atari 2600 in 1989. Over the years, I have owned a NES, Sega, PS, PS2, and PS3. I also play  PC games on my old Dell Inspiron i3 laptop that my dad bought me in 2011.

I mostly play RPG and FPS action games like Half Life, Resident Evil, Skyrim, FF series, etc. I used to play 14+ hours a day in my younger days sometimesplaying near dawn to complete the game.

Some of my pleasant memories include finishing games like Captain Robin (NES), Spiderman (NES), Aladin (Sega), Top Gear (Sega), Half Life (PC), Skyrim (PC), FFVII, IX, X, XII (PS1, PS2 and PC), Mario64 (PC emulator), RE series (PC, PS, PS2, PS3; favourite were RE4 and RE6), GTA Vice City and San Andreas (PS2). 

I am currently playing Skyrim and Xfiles game on my PC and Max Payne 3 and Mortal Kombat game on my PS3.

I plan to upgrade my laptop next month. Also, I plan to upgrade  my console to PS 5 when I've finished my existing libray of games - Unchartered, Batman, Assassin Creed, Max Payne 3, etc.

I hope to contribute to this community and interact with like minded young and venerated hard core gamers in this forum.

Welcome :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 1:21 AM, Legacy Gamer said:

Hi,

I stumbled upon this great Desi gaming forum when searching for an active Desi community. (I don't like those western gaming forums as most members are very racist and rude). 

I mostly play RPG and FPS action games like Half Life, Resident Evil, Skyrim, FF series, etc. I used to play 14+ hours a day in my younger days sometimes playing near dawn to complete the game.

Hey welcome man

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I was part of IVG since it's Gaming Indian days. I remember by display ID (babj1) but cant remember my email ID and password. So made another account with my gmail ID. 

Anyway, been out of gaming for sometime, but crawling back. Great to be back though. 

Currently in Bangalore, but from Kolkata.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all. Joined IVG a couple months back, became active just 2 days ago.

Like many people, a gaming PC was my childhood dream. I fulfilled that dream last year after GPU prices dropped a bit.

However, as it happened, playstation games like God of War, HZD, TLoU, Uncharted became some of my favourites. So I ended up buying a PS5 in the recent sale.

Initially I had planned PS5 for next year. But after the launch of the new model, I felt prices might go up if old model goes out of stock. So took the opportunity to buy it for relatively low price during sale.

Never thought I'll own both a PC and a console. But here I am. Looking forward to interacting with you all.

• 3 months later...

Well, it's time for me too to introduce myself, by the way, I think that's the way to do it these days from the usual culture :) A crazy although already aged man who is always looking for interesting information, places and people on the Internet, a fanatic of retro games, Marvel and travel. 

Hello everybody:)
Probably like most of you, I have been playing various PC games since childhood. I even thought about becoming a professional player. I like strategy games the most.
I will be happy to learn about the gaming experience of others and share my own)
Have a nice day!

• 1 month later...

Lurker here, but it's probably time time to introduce myself, Hey everyone

I go by Red and I like RPGs , I really really like RPGs. Currently on PC, but might get a PS5 sooner or later

And to whoever's reading this, have a great day :)