Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HundredProofSam

Codemasters announces International Cricket 2010

Codemasters announces International Cricket 2010

Codemasters today announced International Cricket 2010, their follow up to last year’s Ashes Cricket 2009. The new game will arrive this summer on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, with an intriguing new ‘Power Stick’ control feature.

International Cricket 2010 is developed by Trickstar Games, a new studio comprised of many of the key members of Transmission Games, the studio behind Ashes Cricket 2009. The game will feature the new Action Cam, which aims to supplement traditional broadcast views by letting “players feel the satisfaction of smashing home 90mph+ deliveries” and experience the thrill of thundering down the track to bowl”. Sounds like a first-person camera perspective for instant replays.

25svdxh.jpg

The more interesting new feature, and one that directly impacts gameplay, is the ‘Power Stick’, which gives “batsmen 360-degree analogue power and direction control”. The new mechanic hopes to enable wider shot selection, “from pushing quick singles to gaps in the field to risky shots and everything in between”.

England and Australia will still be the only licensed teams, but an edit mode is also promised, where players can edit player names, appearances, teams and attributes. Let’s hope it isn’t as shallow as it was in Ashes. There will be 16 nations to choose from and 21 stadia to play in, including Lord’s.

We’ll have more on International Cricket 2010 very soon.

woot woot cricket game.

prays that its better than ashes 09 :(

And i really really hope this racks up the difficulty level. Ashes 09 was a piece of cake even on the highest difficulty level.... and it took one just a couple of hours to start scoring at over 10-12 runs an over even on the highest difficulty :(

Still not licensed :angry:

Who the fck has the official ICC license? I know EA doesn't have it yet.

i know its a pita.. but the names can be changed manually.

More important is teh gameplay itself.. which was seriously flawed and leaned towards the easy side in ashes 09. Hope codies correct this.

Also IPL mode if included would be fun :wave:

Still not licensed :wave:

Who the fck has the official ICC license? I know EA doesn't have it yet.

Who said EA don't have the license? Last I checked Peter Moore's excuse for not making a cricket game was lack of market not lack of license. Besides if the license was free Codemasters would pick it up since they are the only cricket games publisher for PS3/X360. I think if this game sells well we can pretty much count on EA Cricket 2011 World Cup game :rofl:

IPL would be fun but Modi would probably sell the license at a very high price, making it not worth it. Besides if you got Ashes 09 on PC, you can download some really well made IPL mods.

:lol:

Cricket Game :rant:

release it in Fall n make it compitable with Move :fear:

Anyways powerstick is a nice option...it'll make the batting a bit harder as u got b precise in finding gaps...

They shud increase the difficulty level atleast 2 or 3 times...

Spin bowlin shud be improved..it was very easy in the last game..

n most important .. make sure game does'nt lag online...