XBOX 360 warranty seal!!

robbie

hi guys, i bought a xbox console from a guy.. it was brand new but opened once.. when i received it, i removed the face plate and looked at the seal, it was not normal.. plz have a look here:

http://img693.imageshack.us/g/18032010015.jpg/

it looks like it has been removed once, talked to dat guy and he told me that it was as it is when he bought the console.. so i wanna know is this normal?? have u guys seen this type of seal in a brand new xbox..??

though the console is a jasper, so there are less chances of hardware failure but still..

I looked at the pic and it has definitely been opened before. The sticker is torn from top right to the center,...along the plastic case fastener :O

I can try my best to retain the sticker the way it is......quite hard though :O

Out of town till Tuesday, talk to you then :punk:

actually it's a jasper that's why i'm keeping it..

can i buy a new seal(off ebay, they are available there) and paste it on.. will microsoft guys be able to identify that the seal is been tempered??

How much did you buy it for? If it was not a great deal then I suggest giving it back. Arcade is very reliable, but even then having the warranty void is still extremely risky. Even for the PS3 I usually recommend guys to go for the +2 year warranty from Croma.

i want to ask if i swap the stickers, can microsoft guys detect it..?? any experience on that... anyone..!!

take it to a pro you can find many here who does that they will replace your warranty sticker and no one can tell if this has been replaced or not...

jagaad hai yaha par har cheez ka

BTW sent u a PM

i want to ask if i swap the stickers, can microsoft guys detect it..?? any experience on that... anyone..!!

What are your options other than swapping the stickers?

If they detect that you've changed the sticker then you won't get the warranty - which you will also not get if you don't change the sticker. So..!!

Don't know how will you manage a warranty sticker :giggle:

What are your options other than swapping the stickers?

If they detect that you've changed the sticker then you won't get the warranty - which you will also not get if you don't change the sticker. So..!!

Don't know how will you manage a warranty sticker :eyebrow:

just got rid of that xbox this morning.. i just hope it works fine for him..

Archived