Xbox 360 HDMI cable

blitzkreiig

Guys i intend to get the arcade soon n i'm guessing it has an HDMI port.....which would be the best HDMI cable to buy for it?

I dont have a home theater in place, so the audio output has to be via the TV only.

P.S- Is it advisable to get an Xbox now, i mean with rumours of a slimmer version lurking around, advice me please.

Guys i intend to get the arcade soon n i'm guessing it has an HDMI port.....which would be the best HDMI cable to buy for it?

I dont have a home theater in place, so the audio output has to be via the TV only.

P.S- Is it advisable to get an Xbox now, i mean with rumours of a slimmer version lurking around, advice me please.

rumour about slim xbox is lurking around for years now. Nothing like that is announced yet, and even if it is announced today, it will be available atleast after 3months. If you can stay away from gaming for that long (read: may be upto 5 years), then wait for it. Else, just go out and buy.

And yeah, as much as I know, newer arcade version does have an hdmi port. Best cable to buy, well that is upto your budget. But any gold-plated hdmi cable available on ebay will do. On safe side, you can always buy the MS cable, if you have extra money. :doh:

rumour about slim xbox is lurking around for years now. Nothing like that is announced yet, and even if it is announced today, it will be available atleast after 3months. If you can stay away from gaming for that long (read: may be upto 5 years), then wait for it. Else, just go out and buy.

And yeah, as much as I know, newer arcade version does have an hdmi port. Best cable to buy, well that is upto your budget. But any gold-plated hdmi cable available on ebay will do. On safe side, you can always buy the MS cable, if you have extra money. :cheers:

Thx mate...that helps.

Already got a ps3 n Wii so it's not like i'd be deprived of games.......Was just wanting to know future trends of the Xbox market n some genuine advice.

And yeah, as much as I know, newer arcade version does have an hdmi port. Best cable to buy, well that is upto your budget. But any gold-plated hdmi cable available on ebay will do. On safe side, you can always buy the MS cable, if you have extra money. :doh:

That is true, but I just saw a few photographs of the newer/slim Xbox 360's motherboard that got leaked not too long ago. Here...check it out...

http://kotaku.com/5495181/rumor-new-xbox-3...wn-%5Bupdate%5D

It's the proposed Valhala chipset that is supposed to be released right after Jasper. Don't really know when they'll start getting released to public, but yeah, nevertheless, even if you get the latest Jasper model, you should do fine, as it almost eradicates RROD, but nevertheless, you'll have warranty, so chill out :doh:

About the HDMI cable, just buy any cheap HDMI cable, and it will do. DO NOT buy those costlier ones, as the cheap one will WORK JUST FINE. I bought mine from Ebay for 300 bucks, and works AMAZING on my Dell S2409 Full HD Monitor :)

Buy a cheap a*s HDMI cable - 300-400/-. The quality will remain exactly the same as the monster hdmi cable costing $80. I have two super cheap cables and there's no difference at all. The reason is that hdmi transmission is digital and not analog. digital transmission - either the data transmits or not. if the data transmits complete clarity. if the data doesn't blank screen. with analog the quality of cable matters because transmission quality depends on how much data goes through.

so save a lot of money and buy a cheap hdmi cable.

Because of the slim rumours? Who knows when Valhalla will come? What I do know is that games will run the same on the arcade as the new system when it comes. Less dvd noise, little chance of rrod, hdmi, plus the 3 yr warranty holds true. So I would say if you got the cash now buy the arcade or maybe wait till E3 in June for an announcement.

Buy a cheap a*s HDMI cable - 300-400/-. The quality will remain exactly the same as the monster hdmi cable costing $80. I have two super cheap cables and there's no difference at all. The reason is that hdmi transmission is digital and not analog. digital transmission - either the data transmits or not. if the data transmits complete clarity. if the data doesn't blank screen. with analog the quality of cable matters because transmission quality depends on how much data goes through.

so save a lot of money and buy a cheap hdmi cable.

he is absoleutly right

I bought Cheap HDMI cable off ebay for Rs 200 it wrks great but then in November Bought a Sony HDMI Cable for Rs 1600 off Play-Asia

there is no change in terms of display

now i do feel it was a waste of money to buy Sony's HDMI cable

Archived