Call of Duty: Black Ops

Karooo

Ew. MoH and it's crappy frame rate and clunky controls like BFBC2.

lol

Frostbite engine is not designed for smooth gameplay and allowing the player to go prone

lol x2

I had absolutely no problems with WAW, so I'm good. Thanks for your concern though! and Trasharch? Really? I don't favour or discriminate against either studio. I thought we're all above the lame name-calling and taunting. Guess Not! Eitherway, COD has always been 60 fps AFAIK.

@Aft, no idea if you're talking about PC or X360 version. When I play it on Xbox, I notice a slight delay in aiming and knifing (what I implied as being 'clunky'). It becomes all the more apparent when you switch between a COD game and a DICE game. Maybe it's the extra aim assist in COD, I don't know. Either way, I find COD to be smoother.

Only the last 3 COD games have been 60FPS.

@Aft, no idea if you're talking about PC or X360 version. When I play it on Xbox, I notice a slight delay in aiming and knifing (what I implied as being 'clunky'). It becomes all the more apparent when you switch between a COD game and a DICE game. Maybe it's the extra aim assist in COD, I don't know. Either way, I find COD to be smoother.

That's not because of framerate...you're a tool to think so.

Its because almost every movement in BFBC has inertia & weighty feel (its not as heavy as KZ2 but the weighty-ness is still there in BFBC/BFBC2) and the fact that knifing animation is a long animation in this game opposed to COD's "swap" animation.

Its because almost every movement in BFBC has inertia & weighty feel (its not as heavy as KZ2 but the weighty-ness is still there in BFBC/BFBC2) and the fact that knifing animation is a long animation in this game opposed to COD's "swap" animation.

what tool u talking about ?? :rofl:

Um, I'm sorry I'm not a whiz at all-things-gaming. Whatever that 'weighty' feel might be is my issue with DICE games in particular. I don't really look for realism in video games. So, even if COD's way of doing things is less realistic, I still enjoy it more.

FYI, I'm sure we can find a more grown-up way of addressing each other without resorting to name-calling.

Only noobs think BFBC2 had clunky controls etc. COD is very easy to play , even a 90 yr old granny can play it and get many kiils , whereas BFBC2 had more recoil to the weapons and aiming was harder compared to COD , both get pawnd in front of KZ2 though , that's why many diss KZ2 but reality is its much more difficult compared to COD or BFBC2.

As far as frame rate is concerned we here on IVG played BFBC2 MP for two full months hardcore , no one noticed any of those issues , it even looked better than MW2 in some ways.

I loved MW2 , but some of the stupid noob friendly perks like hearbeat addons etc. and long lobby waiting connection issues along with ketchup effects was very frustrating.

Still the best two COD MP games for me were COD 2 & 4.

Um, I'm sorry I'm not a whiz at all-things-gaming. Whatever that 'weighty' feel might be is my issue with DICE games in particular. I don't really look for realism in video games.

It has nothing to do with realism, for eg. Arma 2 which is the most hyper realistic shooter doesn't has any inertia in its movements........it is instead to do with the immersion & that's a factor which everyone likes to consider.

FYI, I'm sure we can find a more grown-up way of addressing each other without resorting to name-calling.

lol wut ?

Only noobs think BFBC2 had clunky controls etc. COD is very easy to play , even a 90 yr old granny can play it and get many kiils , whereas BFBC2 had more recoil to the weapons and aiming was harder compared to COD , both get pawnd in front of KZ2 though , that's why many diss KZ2 but reality is its much more difficult compared to COD or BFBC2.

+1 for this.. Have recently started playing KZ2 and man, it is heavy and more intense than both BC2 and MW2.

Trust me, I'm a noob at both MW2 and BFBC2. Yes, COD is easier to get into. Unlike most people on here, I don't put in 8 hours a day into gaming. So I'd rather play something which is less frustrating. It's exactly why COD does better on the sales front. I liked a lot of things BFBC2 did. However, the 'weighty' issues was what put me off. The vehicles, however, were a nice change of pace.

That being said, I wish people who have no interest/inclination towards this game (versus say, MOH for example) would move on to the respective game's thread and not troll here.

Edit : @praveer, I was referring to the 'tool' comment.

Don't think Aft said anything

Great, love the old "You didnt like a game that I liked so I am going to call you a noob" defense. Look at me, I am so pro.

Edit @ devil What did I say? Unlike other people here, I didnt call anyone a "noob" or "tool".

Trust me, I'm a noob at both MW2 and BFBC2. Yes, COD is easier to get into. Unlike most people on here, I don't put in 8 hours a day into gaming. So I'd rather play something which is less frustrating. It's exactly why COD does better on the sales front. I liked a lot of things BFBC2 did. However, the 'weighty' issues was what put me off. The vehicles, however, were a nice change of pace.

That being said, I wish people who have no interest/inclination towards this game (versus say, MOH for example) would move on to the respective game's thread and not troll here.

Nobody plays 8 hours of MP here , Its a matter of fact is u like COD cause its easier to pick up & play anyday and u want casual play after , not hardcore stuff.Its fair everyone has different tastes and likes/dislikes.

But declaring BFBC2 a bad clunky control game with in-consistent framerate just because u don't like it is not right.

Cheers !!

Archived