This Damn Heat

Bulovski

47 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Where I stay in Noida, it's useless to spend on high end ACs. There's a sewer line about a km from our house, and every year the AC copper tubings either need welding or replacement. 

It's a huge market where I live. Coilings leak in less than a year. PCBs die easily. 

I live in Saket and there is a sewer line here as well, near PVR Saket. I haven't really faced an issue, or maybe I haven't noticed. Houses closer to line must have been facing issues though.

13 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Noida is an absolute nightmare for appliances specially ACs. Multiple gas leaks/coil replacements over the years for multiple brands in Noida. 

My office in Delhi has Voltas and Hitachi and they are running fine since years without any issues. 

We had a Whirlpool AC in Lucknow, and mom dad bought it with them when they moved. The AC had zero issues in the last 7-8 years. Literally the only maintenance was to just get it cleaned every year. 

Poor thing went kaput in Noida in less than a year. f**king place is a death bed for electronics. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I live in Saket and there is a sewer line here as well, near PVR Saket. I haven't really faced an issue, or maybe I haven't noticed. Houses closer to line must have been facing issues though.

If it's a covered line, nothing to worry. Only the exposed ones cause these issues. 

On 4/15/2023 at 12:08 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

We had a Whirlpool AC in Lucknow, and mom dad bought it with them when they moved. The AC had zero issues in the last 7-8 years. Literally the only maintenance was to just get it cleaned every year. 

Poor thing went kaput in Noida in less than a year. f**king place is a death bed for electronics. 

Ya one of my friends told me that even TVs don't last long so he avoids buying costly TVs. I didn't believe him lol.

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Ya one of my friends told me that even TVs don't last long so he avoids buying costly TVs. I didn't believe him lol.

I don't think TVs should have any issues. Only ACs and maybe Refrigerators. Basically the coils develop holes due to the gasses. 

13 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Well, my TVs' mobo died after 4 years. Fairly decent in this sh*t hole. 

9 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I don't think TVs should have any issues. Only ACs and maybe Refrigerators. Basically the coils develop holes due to the gasses. 

AC and fridge are most affected. AC could either undergo repair or change every year. For fridge, it's generally repair every couple of years as the could aren't as exposed as AC. 

Just spent 8k for coil repair and gas filing last weekend (2 ACs). If it was coil change, it's about 7.5-8k per AC (higher for split). 

Generally we spend a mix of this every year while AC service. It's a f**king pain on the pocket. 

On 4/17/2023 at 1:07 PM, eddy4823 said:

Car temperature shows 42 here in Jaipur and it's not even May/June yet. Good thing I bought a CPU Cooler this time since the ambient temperature in my gaming room touches 35-38 on the worst day of the summer. 

Same in Pune. Extremely hot. Sitting in my godown instead of shop as it is much cooler. whenever i have to go to shop I have to cross fire pit that is burning outside right now. 

On 4/17/2023 at 12:35 PM, SuperT said:

6 out of the Top 10 most polluted cities in the world belong to India. 

https://www.iqair.com/in-en/world-most-polluted-cities

Interesting to note that mostly North Indian cities are most polluted with a stray central city in the top 100.