This Damn Heat

Bulovski

1 hour ago, Black_Hawk said:

Scorching hot afternoon here in Kolkata... 41C! Feels like an oven outside :fever:

Don't forget the humidity. I was back home for a week, and every day felt like torture.

Bangalore.. :wub::wub:

Edited by quixote_1989

7 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Don't forget the humidity. I was back home for a week, and every day felt like torture.

Bangalore.. :wub::wub:

Yes, humidity was high as well. Sweltering weather and the evening was no better.

Cooped up in my room with the air conditioner set at 23C, watching the World Cup.

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Its getting hotter and hotter here in Delhi

ACs are on, the omly scary thing is time the ac stays on is directly proportional mom’s chittar with chapal 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, harjas said:

Its getting hotter and hotter here in Delhi

ACs are on, the omly scary thing is time the ac stays on is directly proportional mom’s chittar with chapal 

My two ACs have gone bust. Likely that capacitors gave up. Both Hitachi.

Seriously, will never buy anything else other than General or Mitsubishi. The General I got last summer is a tank.

Delhi summers are too much for other brands.

Edited by KunjanPSD

11 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Seriously, will never buy anything else other than General or Mitsubishi. The General I got last summer is a tank.

General are amazing
I have a carrier tho, works fine for my room 

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Using LG and Voltas since 5+ years. Both are fine. 

10 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Using LG and Voltas since 5+ years. Both are fine. 

I recently interacted with a contract manufacturer. Makes coils and compressors for ACs, he told me the same thing as official service guys from these companies. Only 2 LG models over the last 10 years have been constructed keeping in mind the temperature conditions in India, if you were lucky enough to get them out of the bunch, they will serve you well. I have 1 LG model which is going strong since 10yrs, but is hardly used.

I am sure every company must have a decent batch of products but I don't want to play the lottery game, happy to pay more for General/Mitsubishi and get a solid product.

Also tonnage doesn't actually mean cooling capacity. Last year while shopping, same 1.5/2 ton AC from General had more cooling capacity in Watts as compared to other brands. Even then Watts is not the correct indicator because a lot of that capacity can be lost if not efficient.

From personal experience, the way Hitachi and LG has performed in my house over the years, General works far better and it's quite noticeable.

Edited by KunjanPSD

13 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I recently interacted with a contract manufacturer. Makes coils and compressors for ACs, he told me the same thing as official service guys from these companies. Only 2 LG models over the last 10 years have been constructed keeping in mind the temperature conditions in India, if you were lucky enough to get them out of the bunch, they will serve you well. I have 1 LG model which is going strong since 10yrs, but is hardly used.

I am sure every company must have a decent batch of products but I don't want to play the lottery game, happy to pay more for General/Mitsubishi and get a solid product.

Also tonnage doesn't actually mean cooling capacity. Last year while shopping, same 1.5/2 ton AC from General had more cooling capacity in Watts as compared to other brands. Even then Watts is not the correct indicator because a lot of that capacity can be lost if not efficient.

From personal experience, the way Hitachi and LG has performed in my house over the years, General works far better and it's quite noticeable.

Where I stay in Noida, it's useless to spend on high end ACs. There's a sewer line about a km from our house, and every year the AC copper tubings either need welding or replacement. 

It's a huge market where I live. Coilings leak in less than a year. PCBs die easily. 

32 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Where I stay in Noida, it's useless to spend on high end ACs. There's a sewer line about a km from our house, and every year the AC copper tubings either need welding or replacement. 

It's a huge market where I live. Coilings leak in less than a year. PCBs die easily. 

Noida is an absolute nightmare for appliances specially ACs. Multiple gas leaks/coil replacements over the years for multiple brands in Noida. 

My office in Delhi has Voltas and Hitachi and they are running fine since years without any issues.