The Android Thread

pArth

Guys tell me a good site which reviews Android phones. I am looking for a review of this:

Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V: http://www.flipkart.com/mobiles/sony-ericsson/itmd2krpeuhn7nth?pid=mobd2pyzdkcheyaf&_l=h0ZY83FeG_2K9+q15YpNjQ--&_r=MhwO9zdzBNF93DkyjBD43g--&ref=cd8964e8-145e-4fba-8e64-03fd85221528

Looks pretty solid specs wise, even has 1500 mah battery. Only downside is 512 Mb RAM.

join my league :lol: galaxy W ain't happening

its not Neo V. Its Neo.

Ive seen Neo V..its a good phone but at that price i guess u should consider galaxy S

I know its quite old but ive owned both and performance wise S was much better

looks wise yeah NEO kills galaxy S.

I know but galaxy S is 20k or more while neo V is just 17.5 and anyone with good negotiating skills can get it for around 16.5k. I would definitely go for galaxy S if I had that budget. Also, I don't like the looks of neo V. I kinda like simple looking phone like nexus S.

I think the only difference between them is the camera. 8MP (neo v) vs 5MP (neo)

Yup, but they also improved boot time which was a major downer.

Now, someone (especially funjabi) please answer this. Its 57mm wide which is below average so, does it really matter or I am thinking too much?

*beep* you samsung, Y U NOE release galaxy W :rant:

The width does not matter...though Galaxy s is even wider!

This is because it is 4" compared to 3.7" of neo V. Only the screen size matters.

What people usually worry about the thickness and both neo v and galaxy s are perfectly fine with that!

btw u can go for Samsung galaxy sL i9003 which retails for about 17000 in local market.

it does not have that super amoled as in i9000 but still its bttr than neo v imo.

Edited by funjabi

From what I've read, S2's processor is superior to that of the Nexus. Can any (knowledgeable) person confirm this?

Yes S2 processor has an EXYNOS chip which has a much better Mali graphic processor.

In layman's language Graphics processing and gaming wud be better in S2 den Nexus whose processor is OMAP made by Texas Instruments.

Hope that clears ur query :)

Edited by funjabi
  • Like 1

Thanks for confirming that. So, going for S2 instead of Nexus wouldn't be too bad, right?

I wud say going for s2 will be the perfect decision.

Let me explain to you why..

1) A normal user wont be able to differentiate between a 720p screen or a super amoled plus screen.

2) Processor is better

3) Much Much Cheaper..u can get an S2 for as low as 27-28k while nexus at launch will cost around 40-42k.

4) Though the screen is smaller but 4.2" is perfect as 4.65 wud be too big to carry easily.

5) S2 gonna get 4.0 android update too as promised by samsung though it will take some time.

So if you are one of those guys who like to flaunt a new phone go for nexus as it will be a rare phone else if you are a SMART user then just buy an S2 :)

The width does not matter...though Galaxy s is even wider!

This is because it is 4" compared to 3.7" of neo V. Only the screen size matters.

What people usually worry about the thickness and both neo v and galaxy s are perfectly fine with that!

btw u can go for Samsung galaxy sL i9003 which retails for about 17000 in local market.

it does not have that super amoled as in i9000 but still its bttr than neo v imo.

Galaxy SL have a weaker GPU (adreno 205>SGX530) the original i9000 have SGX540 which is awesome but they ditched it and other specs are pretty much same apart from memory space. 3.7" screen is fine for me. Anyways, thnx for replying.

I wud say going for s2 will be the perfect decision.

Let me explain to you why..

1) A normal user wont be able to differentiate between a 720p screen or a super amoled plus screen.

2) Processor is better

3) Much Much Cheaper..u can get an S2 for as low as 27-28k while nexus at launch will cost around 40-42k.

4) Though the screen is smaller but 4.2" is perfect as 4.65 wud be too big to carry easily.

5) S2 gonna get 4.0 android update too as promised by samsung though it will take some time.

So if you are one of those guys who like to flaunt a new phone go for nexus as it will be a rare phone else if you are a SMART user then just buy an S2 :)

Knowing samsung I don't think they'll price it 40-42k. I think it will be around 35

Galaxy SL have a weaker GPU (adreno 205>SGX530) the original i9000 have SGX540 which is awesome but they ditched it and other specs are pretty much same apart from memory space. 3.7" screen is fine for me. Anyways, thnx for replying.

YEah i know dat

Actually,though the original galaxy S is quite an old phone now but still it gives every new phone launched a run for its money!

Last when i checked in the local market,the original galaxy s i9000 was still available at some shops for 20k!

Both NeoV and Galaxy Sl are good choices :)