The Android Thread

pArth

There was difference of about 2 weeks last time when they rolled out that 67mb update :(

Something to lift ur spirits till those two weeks pass :P

u3a3ujuj.jpg

And there is a new weather theme app

vymanyqa.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

15 minute long review of the HTC One (M8) in German (?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEB10wqk1X4

1.920 x 1.080 Pixel

160 Gramm

Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (2,3 GHz) Adreno 330

2 GB RAM

4.1 Megapixel which should give us better pictures then comparable 12-16mp cameras

2nd camera = 2mp for depth information. 3d effects and refocus

1.080p HDR video

Dual-LED-Blitz flash

2.600 mAh

new energy modus --> gives you 15h runtime out of 5 % remaining battery

Credit to Jonas2295 @ xda

Source: Reddit

Official announcement is tomorrow. There's really very little left to announce that hasn't already been leaked about the M8, but I'm still excited :bounce:

ya i think a lot of leaks were intentional, it has got a huge hype going for it, and with the disappointment that S5 was, this seems to be going all in favor of HTC.

I am really excited for the phone, though i really wish it had a QHD display and 3 gig of ram. Lets see how the new camera unfolds.

ya i think a lot of leaks were intentional, it has got a huge hype going for it, and with the disappointment that S5 was, this seems to be going all in favor of HTC.

I am really excited for the phone, though i really wish it had a QHD display and 3 gig of ram. Lets see how the new camera unfolds.

Yeah, maybe, but I doubt they wanted so much info out before launch though. We've seen almost every single aspect of the hardware and software upgrades.

I'm really excited for the phone too, and am itching to upgrade (but I'm gonna restrain myself from doing it). A QHD would be nice but I wonder how badly it would've affected the battery life. The two things I don't like about the M8 are the bigger size (screen size increased to 5") and the big empty lower bezel.

Yeah, maybe, but I doubt they wanted so much info out before launch though. We've seen almost every single aspect of the hardware and software upgrades.

I'm really excited for the phone too, and am itching to upgrade (but I'm gonna restrain myself from doing it). A QHD would be nice but I wonder how badly it would've affected the battery life. The two things I don't like about the M8 are the bigger size (screen size increased to 5") and the big empty lower bezel.

Ya probably went overboard, but all cool i guess.

One other thing is it seems the weight tips off above 160g, which is a little on heavier side, but guess should be ok.

I totally dig the screen on HTC one, it is so incredibly beautiful, i hope htc does one better with this.

Ya probably went overboard, but all cool i guess.

One other thing is it seems the weight tips off above 160g, which is a little on heavier side, but guess should be ok.

I totally dig the screen on HTC one, it is so incredibly beautiful, i hope htc does one better with this.

Wth? That's heavier than the old M7 and like 40% heavier than the 5S :ack: I think the M7 doesn't feel too heavy, so let's see how the M8 is.

Yeah. The screen is beautiful. That along with the improved camera, knock-on features, sleek Sense 6 and stereo front facing speakers should make it a pretty good phone.

Wth? That's heavier than the old M7 and like 40% heavier than the 5S :ack: I think the M7 doesn't feel too heavy, so let's see how the M8 is.

Yeah. The screen is beautiful. That along with the improved camera, knock-on features, sleek Sense 6 and stereo front facing speakers should make it a pretty good phone.

Ya but the phone to beat still is the Z2 in this next gens, it has just come up perfect. Sony has been doing a great job with software updates as well.

Just by reading the set of phones released this is my preference to buy a phone today - Z2>M8>Oppo Find 7>S5(Might change after seeing the phone in action)

Though i will just skip this entire gen, G2 for now holds it's own against the above 4 heavy weights and with 4.4.2 finally done, i think i can easily live out a year more with it.

Edited by AtheK

I agree. Sony got it right with the Z2, but it's probably not gonna do too well in the US. If I remember reading correctly, the Z1 wasn't on many carriers and wasn't sold through subsidy here, so they probably won't sell much if they have the same issue with the Z2. The M7 was sold on pretty much every carrier along with unlocked, dev edition and GPE models, and HTC manage to do the same with the M8, it'll beat the Sony in sales. If Sony manages to get their carrier nonsense figured out, they do have a winner.

Yeah. I'll probably skip this generation too. I love my M7 so far, and Sense 6 should make it feel fresh enough to push me through to next year.

Edited by Somebody

I agree. Sony got it right with the Z2, but it's probably not gonna do too well in the US. If I remember reading correctly, the Z1 wasn't on many carriers and wasn't sold through subsidy here, so they probably won't sell much if they have the same issue with the Z2. The M7 was sold on pretty much every carrier along with unlocked, dev edition and GPE models, and HTC manage to do the same with the M8, it'll beat the Sony in sales. If Sony manages to get their carrier nonsense figured out, they do have a winner.

Yeah. I'll probably skip this generation too. I love my M7 so far, and Sense 6 should make it feel fresh enough to push me through to next year.

There is another world outside of the US of A :harhar:

Jokes apart, ya sony now to push it in the right way, they have the best phone in the market right now, it all will end up how they handle it from here.

There is another world outside of the US of A :harhar:

Jokes apart, ya sony now to push it in the right way, they have the best phone in the market right now, it all will end up how they handle it from here.

:chair::bash:

QUESTION- Do I need to backup all or any data for this update?

So no data loss?

Also, how is the update!!! (16gb variant hasnt got it yet)

Is the status bar on homescreen fullly transparent even when u set a cutom wallpaper?

Yes it is

eqaja9a7.jpg

As for the update nothing major, kitkat is just an incremental update with under the hood changes nothing too great.

And ya no data loss.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Edited by AtheK