The Android Thread

pArth

It was with warranty and bill. COD is the best option for these kind of deals.

It was seller warranty, I'd checked the page. Seller warranty is almost the same as no warranty [emoji14]

Z3 Compact with warranty is not possible at that price at the moment. Z2 itself costs about 26k now.

Edited by quixote_1989

Cases even I dont prefer but I just throw my phone around and need something to atleast keep the screen off of flat surfaces.

What about tempered glass screen protectors? They any good? If they make the screen look dull when applied then wouldnt want it either. Let me know. Never used tempered glass before.

EDIT: Anyone using DevilCase for any of their phone? http://www.twdevilcase.com/en/index.php?menu=prod_detail&mid=1&did=1&pid=5008

Edited by Harish Sangwan

Cases even I dont prefer but I just throw my phone around and need something to atleast keep the screen off of flat surfaces.

What about tempered glass screen protectors? They any good? If they make the screen look dull when applied then wouldnt want it either. Let me know. Never used tempered glass before.

EDIT: Anyone using DevilCase for any of their phone? http://www.twdevilcase.com/en/index.php?menu=prod_detail&mid=1&did=1&pid=5008

Tempered glass looks bad and breaks very easily. I would not recommend it at all. Get a decent looking cover. There is this white flap cover on fk or Amazon I don't remember which my bro using now, it was around 800 bucks I guess. It looks good.

Also, if you can shell out some money. Try some branded ones, like Ringke Fusion or other similar brands. As much as I hate covers, I have to admit they do protect your precious. It protects my Nexus 5 like a BOSS. Also, I feel that my phone is safe with it. So I don't really have to take care of it.

IIRC, branded ones for Z3 compact are in above 1.5k range. Try amazon or fk with brand name search.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Android-Wear-for-iOS-now-available-from-the-Apple-App-Store_id73189

Android Wear for iOS now available from the Apple App Store

LG Watch Urbane Supported as first watch

Edited by AtheK

Tempered glass looks bad and breaks very easily. I would not recommend it at all. Get a decent looking cover. There is this white flap cover on fk or Amazon I don't remember which my bro using now, it was around 800 bucks I guess. It looks good

^ Looks better than half the plastic based screen guards out there.

Also, breaking / shattering on impact is exactly the reason to put on one, unlike the plastic screen-guard which at best stops your screen from getting scratched the tempered glass absorbs the impact and shatters instead of the screen getting damaged.

Not really. There is no look of screen guards. That's the best thing thing about it. Once you apply a good screen guard you won't even feel the us something above your screen. The same cannot be said for tampered glass. It looks bulky, doesn't feel right in touch and most of them gives cheap feeling to the screen while making the device a little fat.

Not to mention anyone can easily notice it above your screen. As for security goes, yes it is more secure but again its like a one off thing.

^ Nilkin, check for hardness rating though. Anything above 3H is great for most people, 7H if you are paranoid about scratches and above that only if you have a lot of money to burn.

Does anyone here own Mi Piston 2 or 3? How would you say the audio quality is compared to creative ep630, cowon em1, sennheiser CX180, soundmagic es18, pl11,pl21 etc?

Are they the best under 1k? Need one of above mentioned ones which will suit my needs of watching movies and music on my phone.

I did some more research about warranties.

1. Xiomi Piston - 6 month warranty.

However no warranty support in india. Once you are out of 30 day Flipkart replacement policy, you are doomed as the only Xiomi service center in mumbai refuse to service mi headphones.

2. Sennheiser CX180 - 2 year warranty and usually good aftersales support.

3. Creative ep630 - one year warranty, no idea about after sales service quality.

4. Cowon em1 - one year warranty, no idea about after sales service quality.

5. Soundmagic - one year warranty but no warranty support in India. Soundmagic has absolutely no service center in India.

So according to these, Sennheiser seems to be the safest buy as its got 2 years warranty and good aftersales support.

Does anyone here own Mi Piston 2 or 3? How would you say the audio quality is compared to creative ep630, cowon em1, sennheiser CX180, soundmagic es18, pl11,pl21 etc?

Are they the best under 1k? Need one of above mentioned ones which will suit my needs of watching movies and music on my phone.

I did some more research about warranties.

1. Xiomi Piston - 6 month warranty.

However no warranty support in india. Once you are out of 30 day Flipkart replacement policy, you are doomed as the only Xiomi service center in mumbai refuse to service mi headphones.

2. Sennheiser CX180 - 2 year warranty and usually good aftersales support.

3. Creative ep630 - one year warranty, no idea about after sales service quality.

4. Cowon em1 - one year warranty, no idea about after sales service quality.

5. Soundmagic - one year warranty but no warranty support in India. Soundmagic has absolutely no service center in India.

mi Piston 3's are awful.

Out of the above, the Cowon or SoundMAGIC units will have the best performance (as in sound output), Sennheiser and Creative offerings sell on brand name and generally have only bloated bass on their roster.

SoundMAGIC is handled by Acro Engineering, contact them for support.

mi Piston 3's are awful.

Out of the above, the Cowon or SoundMAGIC units will have the best performance (as in sound output), Sennheiser and Creative offerings sell on brand name and generally have only bloated bass on their roster.

SoundMAGIC is handled by Acro Engineering, contact them for support.

Are you sure Piston 3 is awful? They're pretty well received over on headfi forums. What about Piston 2.1? Which earphones do you personally use?