The Android Thread

pArth

Hello guys, I am using Moto G (8gb) and looking for an upgrade. My main issue my Moto G 1st gen is bad indoor photo and lack of expandable storage. I will prefer a phone with good enough indoor photo and which can last 2-3 years. My main focus will be camera quality at indoor or artificial light. I have following phones are in my mind -

1. Moto g 3rd gen - cheaper, familiar, much better camera than my current moto g 1st gen,regular os update and water resistance (I was a motorola defy user !!)

2. One Plus One - beast of a phone, way much value, I am bit worried about the Oxygen OS, is it too old to get further future update ? how is the after sales support in Bangalore ?

3. Asus Zenphone 2 - another beast, I read that camera is not as good as one plus one

4. Mi 4 - wild card entry in my list, is it worth without 4g and infamous heating issues, how is after sale support?

A common question to all above phones - which one take best indoor pics at artificial and low light and videos (pics has higher value in compare to video). We have a new born and all I want is to capture the beautiful moments at best possible & affordoable way.I already have sony DSC-WX300 camera home but sometimes moments are so fast that phone camera is the quickest to get that, also bit hassle free to share those pics among my family. suggestions please

The best answer giver will get pics of my baby once I get the new phone :P

I'd suggest the mi4i as well. The camera is right up there with the best.

The best answer giver will get pics of my baby once I get the new phone :P

Go for the mi4i 32GB, one of the better cameras in that price range. Not many heating issues either.

After sales for mobile devices is pretty much hit-miss depending on your location and the local player that has been roped in by the company.

I'd suggest the mi4i as well. The camera is right up there with the best.

Go for the mi4i 32GB, one of the better cameras in that price range. Not many heating issues either.

After sales for mobile devices is pretty much hit-miss depending on your location and the local player that has been roped in by the company.

Buy mi4 64 gb not mi4i, best vfm phone.

Thanks for your suggestions.. How is Xperia Z1 holds up in photo department..its comes at around 17k range..pretty solid image capability..what do u say?

^ Too old and not enough incentive to invest in it.

Rather get the newer mi devices with a longer support cycle behind them, better display and camera to boot.

Mi4 64 is on the top list now. I am waiting for Moto X Play release in India.

Does mi4 support 4G? If not, no point buying it. Even 6k mobiles have 4G nowadays.

no 4G, but at present does 4g really matter? Its overpriced and throttled at least here in bangalor and coverage is limited.I use wifi all the time, while travelling , I prefer 2g for lower power consumption.Does 4g network give better call quality?

no 4G, but at present does 4g really matter? Its overpriced and throttled at least here in bangalor and coverage is limited.I use wifi all the time, while travelling , I prefer 2g for lower power consumption.Does 4g network give better call quality?

on the contrary if you have 4g enabled the network quality drops I start getting 2 bars of network instead of 4.

4g in its current state is sh*t, and not to mention the battery life hit as the phone is always trying to connect to 4g even when network is not there.

AirTel is pretty much the worst now. Aur koi us laundiya ko batao ki 4 gb data cost main maa ki aankh Blu ray aa jata hai movie ka. Sabse tez network nahin yeh sabse bada chutiyapa hai.

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 2

It does nothing better than 3G for now. But why get outdated stuff now? Who knows we might have 4G everywhere next year, like we have 3G now. Do you want to change the phone then? When it works, the speeds are much better than 3G, and so far it costs the same. I buy phone for 2-3 years, so I try to be as future proof as I can. Just started using 4G sim since yesterday, and in my house, the coverage is already better than 3G. Very less drops to 2G, but speed is average. Will check how it works in office tomorrow.

• Like 1

For normal browsing 4g makes no notable difference, maybe for downloading, but how much does anyone download on cellular data anyway in India. I don't.

No one will care about 4g for next 2 yrs or so, and not even after that until it makes economical sense.