The Android Thread

pArth

Has anyone found a store selling the i5800? All the mobile store guys must think i'm trollin them.. First the spica thing ..then the wildfire and now the i5800. :mellow:

I was just abt to ask u if u got any of the 3 fones!!!

Iam suppose to buy a new phone next month most probably (iam gona get it from UK, so availability in INDIA dsnt make a difference)was quite sure sometime back that its gona be iPhone 4 ( apple fanboy alert) :bigyellowgrin: ....But now that ive been using an iphone since last 5 years iam looking for a change ....I have looked through various options.......Dell streak is the one that i have got my heart on(Has anybody here used this device) Screen size makes me so wana buy this phone right away)......Other phones that iam looking at are HTC EVO4g, Samsung Galaxy S ( Is it really worth buying , i mean the hardware looks downright cheap- Dont get me wrong i really dont have much insight on this phone so if anybody can impart me with some knowledge about this phone that would be much appreciated) and Droid X !

PS : Iam using xperia x10mini as my second handset these days and really started loving android ( which i never thought i would, being an apple fan that is ), though its just 1.6 i can very well imagine how fun would be 2.2 Froyo !

Cheers !

Edited by VoiLaTeR

The hardware has a plasticky feel at the back, but definitely doesn't look cheap. Try to get a demo if possible. Had not even considered the phone as it looked terrible on the net, but bought it right away when I saw one directly.

Iam suppose to buy a new phone next month most probably (iam gona get it from UK, so availability in INDIA dsnt make a difference)was quite sure sometime back that its gona be iPhone 4 ( apple fanboy alert) :bigyellowgrin: ....But now that ive been using an iphone since last 5 years iam looking for a change ....I have looked through various options.......Dell streak is the one that i have got my heart on(Has anybody here used this device) Screen size makes me so wana buy this phone right away)......Other phones that iam looking at are HTC EVO4g, Samsung Galaxy S ( Is it really worth buying , i mean the hardware looks downright cheap- Dont get me wrong i really dont have much insight on this phone so if anybody can impart me with some knowledge about this phone that would be much appreciated) and Droid X !

PS : Iam using xperia x10mini as my second handset these days and really started loving android ( which i never thought i would, being an apple fan that is ), though its just 1.6 i can very well imagine how fun would be 2.2 Froyo !

Cheers !

iPhone is only three years old ;)

Evo4G is only CDMA, wait for its GSM variant i.e. HTC Desire HD or HTC Ace same with DroidX too.

iPhone is only three years old ;)

Evo4G is only CDMA, wait for its GSM variant i.e. HTC Desire HD or HTC Ace same with DroidX too.

Oh yea, seems like long first 2g, then 3g then sold it and borrowed my brother's 3gs (lost it 2 months back, slipped out of my pocket i guess :-( :-( ).....my 2g is working like a charm till now :-)

Well did use the iPhone 4 for the first time today and well loved the backside of the phone more than the front :P ....

And i have made up my mind, i wont be buying an HTC i got simple reason behind it.....The launch new phones too darn quickly which makes 3 months old phone feel like some outdated phone.....I simply dont like this thing about HTC so guess i gota make a choice between iPhone 4 and Dell Streak ( want to get hold of streak and see how it works but till now most of the mobile phone show owners know about it )

And i have made up my mind, i wont be buying an HTC i got simple reason behind it.....The launch new phones too darn quickly which makes 3 months old phone feel like some outdated phone.....I simply dont like this thing about HTC so guess i gota make a choice between iPhone 4 and Dell Streak ( want to get hold of streak and see how it works but till now most of the mobile phone show owners know about it )

Why did you discount the Galaxy S from consideration? Cos it looks a bit iPhoney? :unsure:

i like the "backside" of many things

:fear: Would it be right if I asked for elaboration?

Why did you discount the Galaxy S from consideration? Cos it looks a bit iPhoney? :unsure:

Well to be true its a fantastic phone, forgot to mention i saw the phone today and used it for like 10 mins ....everything is pretty much perfect but the hardware cuts the deal for me...... :scratchchin: ...the plastic to me didnt feel premium quality

Well to be true its a fantastic phone, forgot to mention i saw the phone today and used it for like 10 mins ....everything is pretty much perfect but the hardware cuts the deal for me...... :scratchchin: ...the plastic to me didnt feel premium quality

But .. but.. it won't break if you drop it or anything... :samui:

Wow, didn't notice this, but the galaxy tab and iPad have very similar interfaces. Of course, I dont mind the plagiarism, as long as it works well. I mean, everyday we see news of some upcoming tablets but FFS, there is yet a tablet to come which can compete with the iPad!!..here's hoping samsung does something!

Link

Why? Why do u want to know? :chair::bash:

@violate-her

Get the SGS mate... It makes even Pyaar Impossible watchable....

On a serious note, the movie playback is stunning with the 5.1 surround sound through earphones. :majesty:

Battery life while watching movies, even 720p is sweet... :good:

Edited by Jigsaw