The Android Thread

pArth

Launcher Pro eh? <_< Take this :chair: Use ADW Ex here and I've tricked it out to look like a Tron Legacy homescreen. Changed the wallpaper too this morning. Now it's perfect. Much better than the default wallpaper (as in default wallpaper for that homescreen).

Also found one of the causes for my random slowdowns. Beautiful widgets' weather animation on unlock. That seemed to use a LOT of CPU resources quite often and slow the homescreen down massively at times.

ADW pe sab bana banaya milta hai :harhar:

Launcher pro customization options > ADW

Madhav back me up with some of your sumptuous screens :fear: and links for all of docks , icons , wallpaper, blah blah of that particular screen :fear:

hey guys i need sum help

actually i bought x10 sum 6 months bak its a gud phone but its locked and therefore all hardware cant b used

so i want to replace it with desire hd can u guys point me towards some models of android or nyother os for dat matter and tell me if i shud go for relacing my x10 with dhd

thanx guys

yeah but wouldn't that happen to just rooted phones? Normal phones will reboot or something if the processor overheats right?

depends. if the app is an overclocker, yeah, u'd need a rooted phone. i doubt it since OC usually means patching the kernel which an app should not be able to do from inside the Android OS. so it's probably just an app which keeps the LCD on and runs the processor at max rated speed. can work without root.

temp protection are generally not part of phone OS. so i'd say no reboots, just hung phones. i've seen many phones running OC (mine is OCed to 730MHz from the normal 548MHz). yet to see a fried phone. i think these processors just dont generate enough heat to do damage.

n, i think its just a dumb hoax.

Right.

Btw LauncherPro update is out with Adw Ex like home screen transitions . Still the old code though, New one is still in dev.

This is what I'm waiting for.

After I got rid of that beautiful widgets unlock screen weather animation, I've had pretty much zero force closes and slowdowns in ADW Ex.

Yeah me too. Supposed to be out by the end of Jan.. So Anytime this week I guess, Interested in what new features he's gonna add.

Been using Go Launcher (Now Ex) for quiet sometime now, Probably gonna go back to LP then.

Edited by EvoZ

@Gaurav.. Hii...

Have you checked 3G on your Nexus S? some people are expressing some doubts about it working for Indian 3G spectrum!!

and any idea whats the spectrum for 3G in India?!

Thank You.

@Gaurav.. Hii...

Have you checked 3G on your Nexus S? some people are expressing some doubts about it working for Indian 3G spectrum!!

and any idea whats the spectrum for 3G in India?!

Thank You.

Nexus S will work on Indian 3G. It supports Band I = 2100Mhz, which is what is being used in India.