The Android Thread

pArth

Sony is leading the race of bringing innovative products this year.

Yeah... the thing I was most surprised about was that you could use it without even having it attached to the camera, and also that it has a sensor similar to the one on the RX100 :surprise:

If that's the case, the $500 is totally worth it.

edit: for anybody who's interested... the press release leaks

Edited by Somebody

And this is why Samsung can never innovate.

They are making the same mistake , every phone makers made before Apple came up with with the iPhone. Craming one form factor into another.

Everyone tried to cram desktop OS into phone, and it was never intuative and easy to use. Only Apple saw that phone needs something different, and came up with a different interface that works with phone.

For smart watches to work we need something different, not a dumbphone on our wrists.

^^ love it or hate it, samsung has a different strategy than everyone else. They will make anything and everything and see what sticks on the wall. In the end, they make tons of lousy products and a few superhits which are enough to propel them to the top of the food chain.

And this is why Samsung can never innovate.
They are making the same mistake , every phone makers made before Apple came up with with the iPhone. Craming one form factor into another.
Everyone tried to cram desktop OS into phone, and it was never intuative and easy to use. Only Apple saw that phone needs something different, and came up with a different interface that works with phone.
For smart watches to work we need something different, not a dumbphone on our wrists.

Nope... Apple did make a few good decisions especially with the capacitive screen and the easy to use (and well thought out) interface, but it's not like everybody else were doing crap and Apple all of a sudden just invented something. They obviously built their interface based on other people's mistakes and successes. The Nokia, Sony Ericsson and HTC interfaces were quite good for touch screen phones, although the touchscreens themselves weren't very good.

Apple did a lot of things well, but you can't really say that every other phone maker was making mistakes until Apple came along.

I have IMEI.

Using gmail activity, I found two IP who logged onto my gmail app from my cell.

Will police even help? Or should i be ready to shell money for a new cell.

You should log a police complaint/FIR for this. This is important as your phone may get misused, and the IMEI is registered to your number/name.

FWIW, in some cases people have got their phones back.

When i lost my Note, I lodged a complaint. 6-7 months later i heard on the news that they had caught a gang with stolen mobile phones, and the phones were at the Jayanagar poilce station.

I went there and they asked me for my IMEI, which i had lost by then :(

I have IMEI.

Using gmail activity, I found two IP who logged onto my gmail app from my cell.

Will police even help? Or should i be ready to shell money for a new cell.

Poilce will not help immediately if that is what you want. they will just take the FIR and won't even budge an inch from that chair where he's sitting on.

not sure how much police will help, this sounds really bad, as i take volvo almost every day.

Usually i have seen a trend, some people will get in a bus in hordes, and then immediately get down pretending that they got in the wrong bus, that is the time they steal things.

Guys, need a phone reco for an uncle. Not too technical but he wants to try apps and its his first foray into smartphones.

Looking for a decent android phone in the ~Rs. 15,000 or less range. Doesn't need any phone with a huge screen.

look at Sony phones, they have some decent offering in that range.