Is Gaming Becoming Boring?

AtheK

Is Gaming becoming Boring.  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gaming can never become boring. I just saw the teaser of Dead Space 2 and By God! I wanna play that game. I have just completed Mass Effect 2 and planning to get BioShock 2, I think gaming was never better. I believe that the world is finally opening up to gaming. Games are finally being given the attetnion they deserve.... yes the AAA titles are getting over-hyped ...but isn't it better than not knowing about that game...now atleast the world know that we are gamers and we want good games and the developers are trying to that for us....

also, most ppl would've played the pirated games at dirt cheap cost on their pc/ps2 in the earlier days. Even if a game was boring or bad, they just left it and moved on to the next game. They wouldn't have minded playing the avg games too for similar reasons. But now, when you pay around 2.5k for a game, you expect it to be mindblowingly extraordinary. If its not, they thrash it with flimsy reasons. And like others said, hardly ppl pick up a game scoring less than 8.5-9, for the same reason. If you take the old games, even games like SH 2 or vtm:bloodlines have got scores in the range of 7-8. Yet ppl bought them and enjoyed them !

Just an example, when Capcom released DMC3 in Japan, one of their largest IP, there was a major outcry from western import gamers that the game was hard as f**k (Japs are oblivious to difficulty in gaming). According to them, some of the boss fights were downright broken. Capcom said they'll add easy mode in western release. What they did is they took the hard mode from Japanese release, named it normal and released it in west. They did add an easy mode as promised, which was normal of JPN version.

and that was a good thing? yes the devs are not taking much chances this gen but then we do get excellent games to play time and again. they may be easier but the fun part is not at all compromised.

just last year there were batman : arkham asylum, demon's souls, uncharted 2, dragon age, AC2, MW2, RnC, Brutal Legend (for many who played it), Halo : ODST, Dirt 2, Forza 3, Killzone 2, SF IV (i'm sure i've missed many must play titles like Bionic Commando :fear: ) and not to mention so many sport titles which can make you spend endless hours.

me and my friends were having a similar discussion the other day, but we were trying to list truly awesome new ips to come out this gen, from third party studios. there weren't many we could come up with sadly. so maybe this gen, compared to earlier ones has lesser new ips but the fun part is intact.

me and my friends were having a similar discussion the other day, but we were trying to list truly awesome new ips to come out this gen, from third party studios. there weren't many we could come up with sadly. so maybe this gen, compared to earlier ones has lesser new ips but the fun part is intact.

There was this thread on gaf about your favorite new IP this gen, and people kept repeating 3/4 names like UC, Mass Effect, Gears and Bayonetta. It was really sad..

lul wut?

All new IPs all from 3rd Party studios this gen.

You can't put DS and Wii games in there, thats cheating :fear:

As far as the other point of high development costs making risky, quirky games hard to find you are simply looking in the wrong place. The DS right now has more offbeat, random, quirky, weird games than the entire PS2 catalog. Even XBLA and PC indie scene has TONS of offbeat games. If you cant see it, doesnt mean it stops existing. Problem is most people here wont give a game a look unless its super ultra HD and stinks of bloom and a piss yellow filter. Look beyond and there is just as much awesome stuff as there ever was. More than ever actually.

I just had to quote this again.

Some very WIN posts in this thread with which i share my views.

Nahh... it's not boring at all. You just need to look past the big titles that make the headlines and actually play some good games. Also try to expand your taste by trying different genres.

To me gaming isn't and will never get boring.

yup. try going beyond the usual 9s or even 9.3+ for some people. the 8s and 7s are full with gems waiting to be explored.

also, genre change can help A LOT. i am not into rpg's but wud start by mass effect and then maybe DAO if i get the courage and acquire the taste for such rpgs.

growing older with increasing responsiblities, you need fast food entertainment, maximum fun in minimum time , which kratos did it for you but not every game can be GoW .

Finally you suffering from GoW withdrawal,

true :wallbash: aman has been bitchy about games after gow3. not every game can match that perfect blend my friend.

And moreover, gaming is just a hobby, or a pastime .... and thats how it should be. You should play games to pass time, not make time to play games. Just my opinion though.

this. excess of anything will make it boring for you. key is not not make a saturation. you feel bored and tired of gaming ?? get up, move out, get some sunlight instead of tv glare, play real sports and then come back to gaming and you will feel the love again. Gaming (like al hobbies) should be a complementary feature to activities in your life, not substituting for them, doing so is a sure shot way to suck the juice out of it.

i havent touched my ps3 in past 5-6 weeks (except occasional fifa wc 10 demo) due to exams and u cant imagine the itch i have to grasp a ds3 and start playing them awesoem games (just 2 more week... just 2 more).

I dont think i will ever be bored of gaming, yes the old timers always bitch about games not having the same flavor of the epicness and while i 'may' agree with them to an extant (MP ruining SP) i tend to look at the positive side. there are so many epic games this gen that i am yet to play.. mass effect, bioshock, alan wake, metro, gears 2.

Err... no for me gaming is fun today, mostly because now I am exploring newer genres and different games. If someone says that you don't get innovative games then he should check out PSN store, XBL and steam. There are plenty of amazing games waiting to be explored.

forme gaming is still fun....you cant bored....there will be again a mad rush as soon as newer technologies come out...for eg 3d n all....then gaming will take a different turn alltogether....but then again 3d tv mere haysiyat k bahar hain.....i love my ps3....it gives me ample time to enjoy with friends(sometimes family).....so gaming can never get boring......

+ 1 Tyler,milo & Afty..games are never boring for me and I try different types of games (genre,old games,pc-console) and my unplayed is list is so huge that, I need years to complete all the games that I want to play - only time is barrier which keeps the interest fresh. The only thing i missed that my gaming friends of my college days

When I was younger my jaw used to drop on the floor each time I played a new game. I still remember looking at the screenshot of a game on xbox a couple of months before it was released and thought "Man graphics cannot get any better than this".

I remember making how much fun I have had throughout transition from 2d to 3d. From pixellated graphics to HD gaming. From 56kbps to MB's.

Those times were awesome. If I compare those experiences with today then yes gaming has become boring. But that is not true in absolute sense.

At least you had gaming friends. It's been a solitary activity for me since the last 10 years barring Halo 3 and TF2 online.

yeah those were the golden days - age of empires 2,max payne,igi,hitman,roadrash,testdrive running in 3-4 pcs at time - we 4-5 friends are staying together (wallmate-roomate-floormate) and all were playing same game at a time - and try to complete the level asap..I am never been into true MP - which is a huge and interesting gaming arena yet to explored by me

Archived