Official Microsoft E3 2010 Discussion Thread

Lost Odyssey 2 at E3 2010?

mistwalker_art_big.jpg

Lately there has been some speculation that Lost Odyssey 2 might be announced by Mistwalker at E3 this year, which is now just a few weeks away. The original Lost Odyssey was released over two years ago in February of 2008 and even earlier than that in Japan. Although it was not critically acclaimed (only accruing a 78 aggregate score on Metacritic), the game resonated well with players. Ever since then, fans have been begging for a sequel.

Last year fans got excited when they noticed what they believed to be concept art from Lost Odyssey 2 appear on the Mistwalker main page (pictured left). The art definitely looks Lost Odyssey-esque with the fellow's armor somewhat resembling the game's main protagonist, Kaim Argonar. They could easily be from the same universe. As the rumor of Lost Odyssey 2 spread across the internet on the back of this supposed concept art, Kimihiko Fujisaka, one of the artists employed at Mistwalker, posted that the art was not from Mistwalker's next game. He claimed that the art was just a single drawing he did. In the same post he also expressed his disappointment that an RPG in development named Cry On was canceled by Mistwalker which lead many to believe that this art could have been from that game and not Lost Odyssey 2. The rumors died down for awhile as E3 2009 came and passed without any word on the game.

With the recent success of Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360 selling over a million units, E3 2010 would be a perfect time to announce Lost Odyssey 2 if it exists. Final Fantasy XIII has shown that roleplaying games can sell well on the Xbox 360 and Square-Enix is even considering porting Final Fantasy XIII Versus to the 360 which could also be announced at E3 as well. This year's E3 could be a good time to be both an RPG fan and a 360 owner.

Lost Odyssey is more of a traditional Japanese turn-based RPG which are a rare commodity these days. According to VGChartz, the first game sold roughly 800,000 units, not too bad for an unknown RPG title. In February 2008, the Xbox 360 had less than half of the user base it does now making those sales figures more impressive than they look. If Lost Odyssey 2 was released, it could easily surpass a million in sales. Mistwalker has yet to release another game on the Xbox 360 since Lost Odyssey which leads one to wonder if they have been working on something big.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-13078-X...ssey-2-be-at-E3

Old image and rumor revived .. I hope it's true :rofl:

Isn't Last Story supposed to be LO2?

And I read somewhere about Bieber being associated with Natal...is that true? :rofl:

Yeah it is :hi:

Isn't Last Story supposed to be LO2?

I think it's supposed to be Cry On, not sure though.

I felt really bad when it got canceled. Was really looking forward to it back then. Beautiful artwork too:

xbox360rpgs15cryon390.th.jpg

plz tell me what are the dates for this e3..

the official website states 15-17 june.. :surprise:

and acc to this thread microsoft conference is on 13-14th..

plz tell me according to indian standard times.. :giggle:

Could MGS: Rising be a timed exclusive for the 360?

Early this morning, the Xbox Live listing on the Marketplace for Metal Gear Solid: Rising was updated to apparently show the game's box art. This has caused some spectulation as to whether Rising might be a 360 Timed Exclusive.

hmm..

Could MGS: Rising be a timed exclusive for the 360?

Early this morning, the Xbox Live listing on the Marketplace for Metal Gear Solid: Rising was updated to apparently show the game's box art. This has caused some spectulation as to whether Rising might be a 360 Timed Exclusive.

hmm..

:wOOtjumpy:

Amazon UK only lists 360 version:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?u...amp;x=0&y=0

:scratchchin:

Amazon.com lists both versions. The 360 one even uses the ps3 boxart lol. And Playasia has even listed a PC version.

These are pretty bad sources to confirm such news.

Yeah I know. And shopto still lists Alan Wake PC lol.

I myself don't consider them best sources, just shared the link to create some panic. :naughty:

Archived