The Graphic Novels / Comic Books Thread

MarketTantrik

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

I've 3 big boxes of all old issues lying at a relatives godown in Lucknow. No place to keep them in current location. 

Super nostalgic, man. 

Same. Huge box at home town. Decided to complete the collection. Nagraj Vritant 2 collection is on the way and it looks great. I had read first 3 comics of Chamatkari Bhokal series in local library, never got to complete it in childhood. Will finally complete it today. Nothing beats nostalgia lol. Also completed Nagayan. Mind blowing series. Holy sh*t. It has many silly moments but the way mythology is gelled with Raj comics characters is pretty good. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 12:36 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Finally finished the 4th book of The Mask of Fudo, and I am left speechless. Even by the last panel, the book is so full of intrigue, emotions, supernatural, good and evil. 

Absolutely recommended for anyone who wants to see what comic as a medium can achieve. 

People who only read DC or Marvel should really give such efforts a look. They're far superior to the kind of mainstream published sh*t. 

Humanoids is an awesome publisher. Their pedigree is filled with unique works. The Fire of Theseus is also by them. 

Finished book 4 yesterday. This entire series was some really good sh*t. The art is sublime and the story is just twisted enough. Book 1 was just about okay but 3 and 4 really get the feels going. Good recommendation. 

The ipapad has really suckered into reading comics. Not really been watching or reading much else these days. Any recommendations for some mind bending, horror, twisty stuff? Specially when it comes to art? What’s the best place to look up good comics to read? Fairly new to this. Prefer more mature themes. 

Also the new TMNT from IDW is done really well. The art is just great. Fun read. 

Edited by achilles

30 minutes ago, achilles said:

The ipapad has really suckered into reading comics. Not really been watching or reading much else these days. Any recommendations for some mind bending, horror, twisty stuff? Specially when it comes to art? What’s the best place to look up good comics to read? Fairly new to this. Prefer more mature themes. 

Wytches - highly highly highly recommended

Harrow County

From Hell

Through the Wood

Something is killing the children

The Dept of Truth

Beautiful Darkness

The Beauty

BPRD

Neonomicon

Ice Cream Man

Panther

For awesome story as a comic medium:

Carthago

Pride of Baghdad

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2021 at 4:36 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Wytches - highly highly highly recommended

Harrow County

From Hell

Through the Wood

Something is killing the children

The Dept of Truth

Beautiful Darkness

The Beauty

BPRD

Neonomicon

Ice Cream Man

Panther

For awesome story as a comic medium:

Carthago

Pride of Baghdad

You can add Gideon Falls and Mind MGMT as well 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 1:14 AM, Big Boss said:

Lol they changed it in reprint.de971e7821a09fcc50397cd4a5f9f33e.jpg

LMAO :roflroll:

On 7/30/2021 at 4:57 PM, Big Boss said:

Comichaveli.com and from Amazon from alpha books. I have bought a bunch of them. Almost all those I missed since 2002 and are in stock.

Got Nagayan complete, Narak Nashak hardcover and set, Chamatkari Bhokal CE on the way, Rajnagar Rakshak, City without a hero, Aakhiri Rakshak, Aatank Harta nagraj 5 sets etc on pre-order.

Need to buy everything :wOOtjumpy:

Thanks to your posts, I couldnt resist the temptation and bought a few :) 

Had quite a few back at hometown but when I visited there last week, came to know that my parents have given away "the junk" :(

Also searched for Balcharit series but could not find anywhere...there is one CE pre order listed at one of the site but at kuchh bhi price.

34 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Had quite a few back at hometown but when I visited there last week, came to know that my parents have given away "the junk" :(

Also searched for Balcharit series but could not find anywhere...there is one CE pre order listed at one of the site but at kuchh bhi price.

Ya CE is overpriced due to that stupid t shirt. Did you check on buycomics, kalpanlok, comicadda etc for paperbacks?

53 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Check with him on chat or on Facebook if it's in stock:

https://buycomics.in/product/balcharit-hunters-series/

Almost all comics are 96 pages and last one is 150 pages.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Thanks a lot :thumbsup:. Checked this and kalpanalok. Available at both. Which one of these provide better service?

Haven't used both lol. Kalpanlok uses postal service for shipping. Check with buycomics. Few people have ordered from both and had no issues. All these shop owners are fellow comics readers like us though. So they are quite proactive in answering questions. Check on umacart.com too if it's available.

I am thinking of getting into comics and manga a bit more seriously now. I am not looking to buy individual issues but some kind of subscription service is more preferable. All this time I had just downloaded (:zodka:) the ones which interested me. I will also be accessing the comics through phone for now and maybe occasionally laptop. Is comixology good place to start? Let me know if there are any other better options. 

Also, any recommendations are appreciated. 

EDIT: just realised Comixology Unlimited is not available outside of US ?

Edited by R3D_D3ViL