The Graphic Novels / Comic Books Thread

MarketTantrik

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I'm talking about CH. They did not deliver the rest of the order from JULY just because 1 item was missing ? WTF ? 

They could have just informed and sent that seperately. 

As for the Gupta Bros, no idea WTF are they smoking ! 

Just announce your next series, take pre-orders directly through your site, have a cut off date, print those minimum number of copies and ship. 

Limited runs can be reprinted on demand, after taking pre-orders.

Such a f**king complicated way of checking inventory (sites, TG groups of those sites etc), then order and wait for months. 

And then they wonder why are more chaps not reading Hindi comics. :huh:

CH ships partial orders if the guy asks. Just that they lose money on shipping. Many orders shipped partially in that group itself. And balcharit CE is arriving in evening today so makes sense to wait. I will also order in evening.

I also got pissed off in July when my orders were delayed, then I understood that it's best to check with seller first and order. Though now I know which ones are in stock by following the entire scene. Some guys have even created excel sheets tracking dates :lol:

2 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

CH ships partial orders if the guy asks. Just that they lose money on shipping. Many orders shipped partially in that group itself. And balcharit CE is arriving in evening today so makes sense to wait. I will also order in evening.

I also got pissed off in July when my orders were delayed, then I understood that it's best to check with seller first and order. Though now I know which ones are in stock by following the entire scene. Some guys have even created excel sheets tracking dates :lol:

Gupta Bros are seriously retarded to make this so convoluted tbh. 

Sitting on a goldmine and fighting for pennies. SMH. 

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Gupta Bros are seriously retarded to make this so convoluted tbh. 

Sitting on a goldmine and fighting for pennies. SMH. 

They are absolute morons. Though RCSG actually has a plan and has quality control. RCMG is just lazy.  

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

rUj9ZWJ.png

Has everything been anime-mized ?

It's at least better than Anupam Sinha art in 1998-2004. This is Hemant Kumar art, I personally prefer this over heroes bending their bad anatomy bodies to kick some a*s and having walls of text all over pages. You won't find such art in Doga or Bhediya comics though. 

Best Nagraj series is Narak Nashak Nagraj. 5 comics set (average stories but build up towards future releases)+Takshak Makbara combo(story picks up) +Narak Nashak utpatti series (origin series) and now Aadi parv.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Do you think hardcover comics / graphic novels hold their value ? I would like to buy some artbooks / hardcover editions but in case I need to get rid of them, will I be able to sell it on the used market for near their purchase price ? I am talking collector editions and the like.

6 hours ago, alphabeta said:

Guys,

Do you think hardcover comics / graphic novels hold their value ? I would like to buy some artbooks / hardcover editions but in case I need to get rid of them, will I be able to sell it on the used market for near their purchase price ? I am talking collector editions and the like.

Not so much in India unfortunately. 

13 hours ago, alphabeta said:

Guys,

Old Hindi comics have tremendous value. Original prints of 6 rs comics are sold as high as 350 depending on rarity. 150-200 rs is minimum price.

English silver age or golden age comics which are no longer in print can fetch decent amount too. Tons of Facebook groups where the comics and graphic novels are sold.

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Old Hindi comics have tremendous value. Original prints of 6 rs comics are sold as high as 350 depending on rarity. 150-200 rs is minimum price.

English silver age or golden age comics which are no longer in print can fetch decent amount too. Tons of Facebook groups where the comics and graphic novels are sold.

I think he meant English comics ? 

I don't find any resell value tbh. Sab Daryaganj jaati hai. :lol:

13 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I think he meant English comics ? 

I don't find any resell value tbh. Sab Daryaganj jaati hai. :lol:

Yes. English comics. I cannot read Hindi - (extremely basic reading level).

Basically if I know at the back of my head that I can get back a good chunk of my investment in the expensive versions of the books, it will be easier to pony up money for them. Second, I also find that hardcover editions of books go out of print much faster and sometimes it is harder to find them. The only reason for me to get rid of the books is because I want to downsize the collection.

Yes. English comics. I cannot read Hindi - (extremely basic reading level).

Basically if I know at the back of my head that I can get back a good chunk of my investment in the expensive versions of the books, it will be easier to pony up money for them. Second, I also find that hardcover editions of books go out of print much faster and sometimes it is harder to find them. The only reason for me to get rid of the books is because I want to downsize the collection.
One example of English Comics on sale:507277a57b628cddcc75e85b5e2d2607.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey. Any comics or artworks you guys are aware of that show vehicles: bikes, cars, bicycles, etc in a new light? It can be anything like futuristic, punk, dystopian, funky etc. 
Looking for a project so any pointers will be helpful. Thanks! 

On 1/24/2022 at 1:47 PM, achilles said:

Hey. Any comics or artworks you guys are aware of that show vehicles: bikes, cars, bicycles, etc in a new light? It can be anything like futuristic, punk, dystopian, funky etc. 
Looking for a project so any pointers will be helpful. Thanks! 

You probably already know this but you can check out Kaneda's bike from the Akira manga/anime.

jFyQWxO.jpg

euuI7Gy.jpg

Also, the Batman comics/fanart should have plenty of interesting vehicle designs. 

Here's a piece of concept art for the Batpod that recently popped up in my feed:

6t6S9UB.jpg

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Thanks 1