The Graphic Novels / Comic Books Thread

MarketTantrik

59 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Now the original print of these comics goes as high as 1k. The first issues of Nagraj which were having 4 Rs MRP went as high as 25k :lol:

f**k. I might have some of those original issues. Need to open sandook. 

12 hours ago, san_Assassin said:

i still got khooni khilone and fighter toads (first one) original prints, though not in good condition. bought whole nagraj and dhruv collection again but now dont get time to read them :P

Ya my Nagraj and Dhruv collection is 100% complete now. Even with the new releases.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dante77 said:

But I am talking about 90s myself. I think around 96-97 or something like that. I think it reached 20 Rs at that time! But don't remember fully. 

It was year 1990 or 1991, pretty sure about that. Digest rent was 1, single issues were 50 paise. availability was not an issue, almost all stationary shops used to keep them, that could be the reason

34 minutes ago, san_Assassin said:

i have stopped expecting quality from RC since Rajkumar Gupta passed away.  almost all recent releases are like this. Look at Sarvnayak, sarvamar bana ke rakh diya isko to.:D  

Sarvanayak series started well, I would take it anyday over Mahanagayan.

It has nothing to do with passing of Rajkumar Gupta. He wasn't even remotely involved in Raj comics. His sons Sanjay, Manish and Manoj were the ones running comics, with Sanjay Gupta playing major role.

The quality went down ever since Anupam Sinha started writing original stories. Series like Sarpasatra, Mahanagayan, Shaktiroopa are complete garbage.

Only decent new series is Narak nashak series and Nagparv series. Pralay ka Devta too is decent.

10 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Sarvanayak series started well, I would take it anyday over Mahanagayan.

It has nothing to do with passing of Rajkumar Gupta. He wasn't even remotely involved in Raj comics. His sons Sanjay, Manish and Manoj were the ones running comics, with Sanjay Gupta playing major role.

The quality went down ever since Anupam Sinha started writing original stories. Series like Sarpasatra, Mahanagayan, Shaktiroopa are complete garbage.

Only decent new series is Narak nashak series and Nagparv series. Pralay ka Devta too is decent.

earlier issues of sarvanayak were good, no doubt about that. Even if RKG wasnt involved, there was only 1 RC in market. Now with all 3 brothers fighting with each other, honestly RC's future doesnt look good.  I still have some hopes from SG.  rest are solely dependent on reprints.  that animation of PKD was also good.

13 minutes ago, san_Assassin said:

earlier issues of sarvanayak were good, no doubt about that. Even if RKG wasnt involved, there was only 1 RC in market. Now with all 3 brothers fighting with each other, honestly RC's future doesnt look good.  I still have some hopes from SG.  rest are solely dependent on reprints.  that animation of PKD was also good.

Ya future is dark because of infighting.

That's why SG started Alpha comics instead of new comics in Raj comics, because other two can just scan and reprint new Raj comics.

MG has Anupam Sinha in camp so some new comics are coming there too, though quality is garbage. McG is just an annoying troll lol

26 minutes ago, san_Assassin said:

10 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Ya future is dark because of infighting.

That's why SG started Alpha comics instead of new comics in Raj comics, because other two can just scan and reprint new Raj comics.

MG has Anupam Sinha in camp so some new comics are coming there too, though quality is garbage. McG is just an annoying troll lol

Tried Ardhsatya ? I just got it delivered, still have to read.