The Graphic Novels / Comic Books Thread

MarketTantrik

Man, the artwork in Deadly Class is freaking amazing! Loving the colours, the paneling, and just the whole kinetic vibe it has.

And the paper quality is indeed thicc as f**k! As far as I can tell, it is pretty much on par with that of the Hellboy Library Editions.

Also, as is usual with Amazon, I received a damaged book. Will be getting a replacement soon.

UNckWup.jpg

Alien is a novel. But whatever :P

z2Wv2XQ.jpg

hFhvYfr.jpg

KdZiOKA.jpg

JjWeNR2.jpg

0Nf0LzC.jpg

M5P8eNB.jpg

*Sigh*.....another series that I now need to complete the collection for.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Man, the artwork in Deadly Class is freaking amazing! Loving the colours, the paneling, and just the whole kinetic vibe it has.

And the paper quality is indeed thicc as f**k! As far as I can tell, it is pretty much on par with that of the Hellboy Library Editions.

Also, as is usual with Amazon, I received a damaged book. Will be getting a replacement soon.

UNckWup.jpg

Alien is a novel. But whatever :P

z2Wv2XQ.jpg

hFhvYfr.jpg

KdZiOKA.jpg

JjWeNR2.jpg

0Nf0LzC.jpg

M5P8eNB.jpg

*Sigh*.....another series that I now need to complete the collection for.

Sexy !

Also found the guy who buys Alien "novels". :P

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Also found the guy who buys Alien "novels". :P

Started just recently with 'The Cold Forge' and finding it to be surprisingly good.

It's definitely scratching my itch for some good Alien content. So bought this sequel as well :P

10 hours ago, DinJo said:

Why are you buying from Amazon it's pretty expensive there 

Bought it for around 3.7K and got an extra 300rs cashback. That effectively brought it down to bookswagon's price :P

So went ahead with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Read through The Caravan volumes by Shamik Dasgupta. Absolute joy to read. Really fun mix of From Dusk till Dawn + 30 Days of Night + Bollywood masala thrown in. The characters, dialogues, artwork - everything just works for such a story. 

Probably my top 3 fav comics of the year ! 

Qalhi2c.jpg

• Like 1

And read through another of Shamik's comic - The Village. Great mix of South Indian setup, original horror and elements of The Hills have Eyes. 

These guys are setting the bar really high. Excellent read. 

It's also getting an Amazon show next year. 

fOW9YsV.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Read through The Caravan volumes by Shamik Dasgupta. Absolute joy to read. Really fun mix of From Dusk till Dawn + 30 Days of Night + Bollywood masala thrown in. The characters, dialogues, artwork - everything just works for such a story. 

Probably my top 3 fav comics of the year ! 

Qalhi2c.jpg

I found this pretty average. Run of the mill horror stuff. Though art is pretty good.

Have you read Aghori and Shaitan Singh? Great stories I heard,  and art is nice. I have both Omnibuses but couldn't get around reading them.

Also try Code Name Alpha.

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I found this pretty average. Run of the mill horror stuff. Though art is pretty good.

Have you read Aghori and Shaitan Singh? Great stories I heard,  and art is nice. I have both Omnibuses but couldn't get around reading them.

Also try Code Name Alpha.

I found them to be great - an Indian comic being semi smart, and integrating horror tropes intelligently into the story is unusual. The "feel" of the characters is better as compared to a typical superhero comic (like RC) or DC/Marvel etc. 

I am not a fan of Holy Cow series (though Caravan is now published by them) - the guy who runs the company is a jackass (I met him during the first ever Comic Con). Have the Aghori series, and did not like it. 

Waiting for Caravan Khooni Jung. Will try others from Yali Dream Creations next. 

10 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I found them to be great - an Indian comic being semi smart, and integrating horror tropes intelligently into the story is unusual. The "feel" of the characters is better as compared to a typical superhero comic (like RC) or DC/Marvel etc. 

I am not a fan of Holy Cow series (though Caravan is now published by them) - the guy who runs the company is a jackass (I met him during the first ever Comic Con). Have the Aghori series, and did not like it. 

Waiting for Caravan Khooni Jung. Will try others from Yali Dream Creations next. 

Ya the guy is truly a jackass. Many people hate him. 

6 hours ago, san_Assassin said:

that's anupam sinha's artwork, creator of super commando dhruv. that guy is a genius.

Majority of his stories are copied from DC comics silver and bronze age. Even comics like Kalyug, Nishachar are copied. Villains are also cleverly copied from b grade dc villains. Not a single original story. And whatever is original, is convoluted crap. The Fuel series, Kaal karal, Avshesh series, Alladin, Match etc are some of the worst comics I have ever read. In Avshesh series, Nagraj reaches one black hole and there is actually a demon there and defeats him :rofl:

On 1/1/2023 at 10:30 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

The artwork used to be so good back in the days

tbcVTt2.jpg

I don't like art from this particular era. After Khazana series/Mahakaal. Anatomy was completely f**ked in most scenes, and very harsh expressions on the characters. Almost all faces of characters looked the same, only distinguishing factor was the hairstyle and costumes. Women like Natasha, Visarpi, Bharati, Richa have exact same face and physique. It was probably due to pressure of churning out multiple comics each month. Later Balcharit had much improved artwork, though faces remained same.

From newer series launched in 2020-21, only Nag granth is good. The sarpasatra series is awful.

And Sarvanayak series+sarvanayak vistar series are good.  Vishharta series is also great. But these series are still in progress.

Nitin Mishra has become my favourite writer, though the Hindi is extremely pure which makes for awkward reading.

11 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Majority of his stories are copied from DC comics silver and bronze age. Even comics like Kalyug, Nishachar are copied. Villains are also cleverly copied from b grade dc villains. Not a single original story. And whatever is original, is convoluted crap. The Fuel series, Kaal karal, Avshesh series, Alladin, Match etc are some of the worst comics I have ever read. In Avshesh series, Nagraj reaches one black hole and there is actually a demon there and defeats him :rofl:

I don't like art from this particular era. After Khazana series/Mahakaal. Anatomy was completely f**ked in most scenes, and very harsh expressions on the characters. Almost all faces of characters looked the same, only distinguishing factor was the hairstyle and costumes. Women like Natasha, Visarpi, Bharati, Richa have exact same face and physique. It was probably due to pressure of churning out multiple comics each month. Later Balcharit had much improved artwork, though faces remained same.

From newer series launched in 2020-21, only Nag granth is good. The sarpasatra series is awful.

And Sarvanayak series+sarvanayak vistar series are good.  Vishharta series is also great. But these series are still in progress.

Nitin Mishra has become my favourite writer, though the Hindi is extremely pure which makes for awkward reading.

i wont deny that he copied a lot from DC. in fact, SCD was a copy of batman and we all know that.  Maine mara dhruv ko, adrishya hatyara and many more were all copied. but i always liked his artwork, especially in digests like Kirigi ka Kahar, Awaaz ki Tabahi, Khooni Khilone, Doctor Virus, Aatma Ke Chor, Samri ki Jwala, Vampire, all were great. Since Khazana, things have gone downhill. avshesh was probably the worst series of all. Sarvnayak started well but is almost a decade old now and still going on :lol:

i just hate the artwork that we are getting these days. Nagraj has become chinese. just look at the cover art of Punarutthan, Shankhnad by RCSG. they just look horrible. no expression at all. but then some people prefer this art style. It's all about personal taste.

4 hours ago, san_Assassin said:

ting these days. Nagraj has become chinese. just look at the cover art of Punarutthan, Shankhnad by RCSG. they just look horrible. no expression at all. but then some people prefer this art style. It's all about personal taste.

Not just the artwork, the writing is also sometimes very sadak-chaap. Both Punarutthan and Shankhnad have poor writing. 

I've yet to read any comic from Sarvanayak. 

• 4 weeks later...