Dark Souls

Shadoken

Excellent interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki

Traps; Seamless environment; More difficult than DS; Hot babe in steel michelin man suit; Mid-bosses; Switch weapons and dual wield; More exploration; Bigger achievements - yup GOTY contender right here.

:wOOtjumpy:

Excellent interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki

Traps; Seamless environment; More difficult than DS; Hot babe in steel michelin man suit; Mid-bosses; Switch weapons and dual wield; More exploration; Bigger achievements - yup GOTY right here.

:wOOtjumpy: ...

I just hope they improve some of the boss fights like the dragon god... it was a bit of a let down for me :/

more difficult, mayke it any more difficult as you can, just don't make world 3 re-appear in this game :samui:

btw i thought the dragon god fight was nice, dragon's are never meant to be so easy that you can fight them one-on-one :fear:

This right?

YZ5U8g9DhPK9K15opq3h9kIjkMBsqT26.jpg

For me the dragons were a bit of a let down...I mean it felt like a platformer level , with all that harpoons and stuff... not that it was bad , but i was expecting something like what was shown in the trailer...more of a 1v1 thing ...Hope thats how it is going by the trailer....

And wth giant rat and giant crow...wat next? lol.. :wOOtjumpy:

Let's face it - a real dragon with full flight capabilities will make mincemeat out of anything. So I think the Dragon God was just fine, same goes for the Red and Blue dragons. Else it becomes like the dragon fights in DAO.

Ahh... I see your point... how about something like the tower knight??.only alot harder...Knights laser beam==Dragon breath , and u need to avoid the feet or you get killed ... Damage the dragon with spells and range attacks since hes mostly flying, and melee class can do something like that harpoon trick and go for big damage....

Ofc dragon god is too big for this , but i think those other two would fit quite well...

If there has to be a proper dragon fight, it should work in such a way that the fighter can hide in alleyways / mazes to avoid the dragon's direct melee attacks, and duck under buildings to avoid the flame. He could maybe even sneak out another way to damage the dragon from a different direction. Get the dragon's body parts stuck between buildings and towers and damage them. Probably finish off with the fighter jumping on the dragon from a tower and stabbing it. Accompanied to the music of the troll battle in Moria from LOTR movie.

If there has to be a proper dragon fight, it should work in such a way that the fighter can hide in alleyways / mazes to avoid the dragon's direct melee attacks, and duck under buildings to avoid the flame. He could maybe even sneak out another way to damage the dragon from a different direction. Get the dragon's body parts stuck between buildings and towers and damage them. Probably finish off with the fighter jumping on the dragon from a tower and stabbing it. Accompanied to the music of the troll battle in Moria from LOTR movie.

That would be awesome :wOOtjumpy:

Dark Souls, the Demon's Souls spiritual sequel coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this year, will be longer—nearly 60 hours long, says its creator—more globally friendly and thankfully free of cameos from Dig Dug.

Hidetaka Miyazaki, director of Dark Souls, tells 4gamer in a new interview (translated by Andriasang) that we'll see a clean break from some of the design mechanics of Demon's Souls. That means a weapon upgrade system that's easier to understand and unspecified multiplayer—both cooperative and competitive—changes.

What Dark Souls won't have is an injection of cameos from Namco Bandai characters from other franchises, as the publisher is known to do via downloadable content.

Miyazaki also touched on the name Dark Souls, a game that was previously known as Dark Ring and Dark Race. Why did they drop those names? Because Dark Ring is, apparently, slang for anus and Dark Race... well, that just sounds so racist.

Dunno if its already been posted...but dayumm.. 60 hours for single play through ??nice... thats almost 9x demon souls.....and lol dark ring :rofl:

I wonder how cool it would be if they focused more on the pvp...some team battles of sorts??