Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

2 minutes ago, Star Lord said:

Not much hyped for the movie. But will watch it in theater anyways, coz WW2 and Nolan is the director. Inception was his last movie that I liked.

You liked Interstellar don't lie to yourself.

Watched Cars 3 yesterday. Unlike in the earlier movies, Cars 3 focuses heavily on exploring multiple themes. Rarely do we come across a movie like Cars 3 that succeeds in balancing multiple themes. The movie starts off by first exploring how different generations interact when they overlap while simultaneously focusing on McQueen's struggle with existential issues. The movie concludes beautifully by pushing women's empowerment to the fore after McQueen has an epiphany. Not only does the movie teach us that the topic on women's empowerment is just as important as others but it also reveals that they are interconnected.

Edited by pixeljunkie
  • Like 1

They are good but old now. I don't think we have enough good war movies, at least not from recent times. kZfVxKl.png

Personally, I think it'll be a good movie to watch. Great casting and Nolan will deliver it. 

12 minutes ago, adity said:

war very stupid and depressing.

Stupid only because of Hollywood but can understand that it can be depressing to watch. Not really an entertainment. 

• Like 1

Between the trailers and posters it really seems like IronMan will be a huge part of Spiderman.

I would be dissapointed if its not though. They have such good chemistry together. 

Finally watched TIMECRIMES (2007)

220px-Cronocrimenes.jpg

A low budget / high concept Spanish time travel thriller with a minimal cast. Definitely recommended if like me you love time travel movies. There isn't much to say except that it is a very well directed and acted film with some really cool twists. It's on Netflix right now so if you're a subscriber do check it out.

Oh and another thing - avoid the trailer that's on YouTube. Not only does it spoil some of the twists but is also horribly made and makes the movie look like some amateur hour production - which it definitely isn't.

Watched Wonder woman over the weekend. I don't get the hype. It was an OK movie. I enjoyed the first half but really didn't like the ending. The whole thing with Ares was so stupid.

Spoiler

Almost till the end I thought it was all metaphorical and there would be a realization that there is good and evil is within all humans. But nope. There's an Ares and there has to be a full blown superhero style fight to defeat him.

If the point about the movie was to introduce and celebrate the first female superhero, they really could have done something different and unique with the climactic battle and how she resolves the conflict. But it was the same cgi filled explosive fighting that's gotten so tiring over the last 5 years.

It even ruined the first half for me. When she kept saying that there's a dude call Ares and all she has to do is defeat him and that will end the war, she actually wasn't being naive, she wasn't being setup for some personal growth and enlightenment about human beings. She was right all along. There was a dude called Ares. She defeated him. That ended the war. Everyone else was stupid.