Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017) - speechless.  :majesty:

McDormand and Rockwell were absolutely AMAZING. Their performance was outstanding.  The soundtrack was perfectly handpicked and fit in extremely well with the direction, which was gripping throughout the movie. The humour was dark and excellent. 

Anger begets greater anger.  One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017) - speechless.  :majesty:

McDormand and Rockwell were absolutely AMAZING. Their performance was outstanding.  The soundtrack was perfectly handpicked and fit in extremely well with the direction, which was gripping throughout the movie. The humour was dark and excellent.

Anger begets greater anger.  One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. 

Yup. Fantastic movie. One of my favourites of 2017.

I still find it hard to digest the fact that Get Out won the oscar for best original screenplay over this.

On 5/11/2018 at 4:43 PM, adity said:

Should've made a movie about him instead. 

It will be a surprise if this one actually turns out to be good. Han had a complete character arc in the original trilogy. He's the last person who needs an origin story. 

From everything I've seen so far, I actually believe this is going to turn out good.

But then again, I did feel the same way about Rogue One as well...so I'm still being a bit cautious with my expectations. Let's see. Not long to go before we find out.

FR2wjiM.jpg

Pretty similar to the earlier posters but still looks cool. Could do without the falcon at the bottom though :\

And I'm really digging some of the new character designs too (not referring to the ones in the poster :P). Less than 2 weeks to go and I'm getting hyped!

Edited by STICK3Rboy

Solo: A Star Wars Story reviews out.

Rotten Tomatoes: 72% - 6.4 Average Rating

Metacritic: 66

• Solo: A Star Wars Story is classic Star Wars, and if it ends up being the last time Lawrence Kasdan writes a movie in this universe, it’s one incredibly entertaining, instructive swan song.
  • And sadly, Solo: A Star Wars Story is just another Star Wars movie. Despite the strong performance from Ehrenreich and the hint of future adventures to come, I can only hope that this young Solo gets better stories and better direction that play into the character’s personality. Han Solo is a roguish, daring character. Shouldn’t his movie follow suit?
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story commits to being a charming and fun exercise in repackaging nostalgia and pre-owned protagonists. It’s just too bad its script never fully committed to seeing through Han’s arc — and those characters who are supposed to have shaped him into being the iconic version we all know and love — to its preordained end.
  • So-So Prequel Says Nothing New About Beloved Characters
  • The meh is strong with this one.
  • Ron Howard’s Energetic Prequel Will Get You Excited For a Brand-New Series.
  • Origin Story of 'Star Wars' No. 1 Rogue Plays It Way Too Safe
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story’ is a long, boring space slog
  • After a Bumpy Ride, Troubled Star Wars Spin-off Mostly Sticks the Landing
  • "Solo" is a straightforward piece of pulpy entertainment with some very agreeable performances from Ehrenreich and Glover, who seems to be having the most fun of all the actors in playing up Lando's suave demeanor, and fun classic Western flourishes, despite the excessively big action sequences.
  • Han Solo gets a good (but not great) origin tale
  • Solo is not a bad film, just a relentlessly average one that has no reason to exist except as a money machine. It gets its protagonist from point A to point B efficiently enough, but it doesn’t tell us anything we need to know that we didn’t already glean from our first meeting with Han in a cantina 40 years ago. It doesn’t shake up the mythology or offer any real emotional investment, yet at the same time it’s funny, fairly fast-moving and at times enjoyable

As expected. p8xRAQZ.png

Hmm....still optimistic :dwarf:

-------

Deadpool received 7 cuts from the CBFC; but was Deadpool 2 an exception?

Our source exclusively reveals to us, “Deadpool 2 has got no cuts as such. A few words have been beeped out and nothing else. All the scenes have been retained, giving the viewers a better experience.” From what we hear, a few cuss words have been beeped out or muted and the audience will not even understand it. Clearly, it’s a good sign for the future and we expect all the films to retain most of their scenes.

So who's taking one for the team this time? :P 

Back from Deadpool 2. Amazing, Amazing movie. Far better than the first one even, and the entire theatre was laughing. Also, don't miss both the end credit scenes. It was absolutely amazing, especially the 2nd credit scene.

Ryan Renolds is literally too amazing in this one as Deadpool. He's even better here than the first one and lives and breathes the role. Absolutely amazing. Just can't see anyone else for the role. Even Doopinder (movie name of Indian Guy; I don't know his real name) is just too good in this movie, better than all other supporting cast.

Regarding censorship, nothing much was censored. Gore was there in all it's visual glory. As far as cuss words are concerned, F**k escaped the cut (otherwise most of the movie would have been on mute). But other cuss words like m**fk** etc were censored.

BTW really want DP in Avengers and mainline MCU. Would live to see him cut other heroes, especially Iron Man down to size. 

This is an absolute must watch movie and people who don't watch it will be missing out.

Edited by roun90