Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

16 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Back from Deadpool 2. Amazing, Amazing movie. Far better than the first one even, and the entire theatre was laughing. Also, don't miss both the end credit scenes. It was absolutely amazing, especially the 2nd credit scene.

Ryan Renolds is literally too amazing in this one as Deadpool. He's even better here than the first one and lives and breathes the role. Absolutely amazing. Just can't see anyone else for the role. Even Doopinder (movie name of Indian Guy; I don't know his real name) is just too good in this movie, better than all other supporting cast.

Regarding censorship, nothing much was censored. Gore was there in all it's visual glory. As far as cuss words are concerned, F**k escaped the cut (otherwise most of the movie would have been on mute). But other cuss words like m**fk** etc were censored.

BTW really want DP in Avengers and mainline MCU. Would live to see him cut other heroes, especially Iron Man down to size. 

This is an absolute must watch movie and people who don't watch it eill be missing out.

Thanks!! That’s great to hear. Will definitely watch it in theatres. 

Watched it, mainly because of friends but also for the crowd. Glad I did because it is fantastic, enjoyed it even more than Avengers 3. Laughed all the way till the end unlike sensible chuckles of Avengers quips. Also Dopinder is the true MVP.

Gore is mostly uncensored but I still think a couple of them are cut, like when

Colossus shoves an electric cable up Juggernaut's a*s

And yes, they censored

the penis in Basic Instinct scene, but I'm glad they did :p

The post credit scene is probably the best of all superhero movies, don't miss it.

Watched Deadpool 2. It was entertaining. It was funny. But.....I liked the first one better. A whole lot better.

I just couldn't get invested in the plot or any of the new characters. I liked how simple and focussed the first one was. This one seems kinda all over the place in comparison.

The action in this is certainly bigger...but not necessarily better either. It's still refreshing to see gory violence in a superhero movie though.

And yeah, censorship-wise, it's not too bad at all. There is some censorship but no outright cuts. Even the mutes weren't too many. Hell, I think there were more mutes in Infinity War than there were in this.

WTH! I actually think that looks great! 

I even like the poster. Kinda looks like the cover of an old pulp fiction novel.

---

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

Perhaps, they are staying true to Rudyard Kipling's the Jungle Book. That book had dark parts, but it was awesome. The Disney one, was good but a it childish. And the original book showed many of the actual emotions of the humans (some of which were dark), along with the actual stakes of being a lone boy raised by animals.

It would be awesome if this movie was a faithful adaptation of the book (far better than the Disney one). Disney had toned down the Jungle Book quite a bit. Don't equate Dark = Bad immediately. Sometimes, it's awesome and far better than the wise cracking comedy routines every 2 minutes. Give it a chance.

After all the Dark Knight trilogy was dark as well, but it was awesome.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roun90 said:

Perhaps, they are staying true to Rudyard Kipling's the Jungle Book. That book had dark parts, but it was awesome. The Disney one, was good but a it childish. And the original book showed many of the actual emotions of the humans (some of which were dark), along with the actual stakes of being a lone boy raised by animals.

It would be awesome if this movie was a faithful adaptation of the book (far better than the Disney one). Disney had toned down the Jungle Book quite a bit. Don't equate Dark = Bad immediately. Sometimes, it's awesome and far better than the wise cracking comedy routines every 2 minutes. Give it a chance.

After all the Dark Knight trilogy was dark as well, but it was awesome.

Yep.

DCCU has ruined the word "dark" when it comes to movies. :P

I am definitely interested. Lets see how it pans out. 

18 hours ago, HEMAN said:

They took so much time for Matrix 4k release. 

Did they release whole trilogy or just the first part? 

Just release LOTR+Hobbit on 4k HDR.

Wish...  But all the effects were rendered in 2k, so either we’ll get a cheap upscale or nothing at all. Going back to remaster film is expensive enough, remaking old visual effects from the scratch is way too much for WB. 

I wouldn't mind upscaled 4K LOTR collection though. 

^ Since the movie was shot on 35mm film a good transfer is very much possible. Since all six films are VFX heavy HDR will do wonders. 2K VFX can still look awesome if upscale is done properly. Example Transformers The Last Knight.