Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

3 minutes ago, adity said:

It wasn't a problem with expectations. It was just poorly made. Of course, movies are subjective but imo it was just very poorly made. 

I'm not even talking about the several inconsistencies in the movie. How are they moving the lab so easily. The mass remains the same, right? That's how ant man is able to beat thugs up even when he is shrunk. Other thing, the lab is flying everywhere and being thrown and what now. How come is everything inside still intact? They keep saying quantum over and over again to the point you'd want to die rather than hearing it again. They also apparently ran out of jokes because they used the same gag where Paul rudd doesn't understand the super sciency stuff and seems lost multiple times in the movie. 

The villain is also super lame and there is little to no character development. Ant man is the same person as he was at the beginning of the movie. Same with the wasp and hank pym. 

The background score was super underwhelming as well. The comedy which was a big part of the first one pretty much fails here. Also, a lot of many of the scenes were based on the suit not working properly. That's lame af. The action is quite bad as well. There are 2 heroes yet you hardly ever see them coordinating their attacks even when they're in the same scene. The choreography of the fights was just bad in general. There are so many more issues with the movie and I could go on and on about it. 

And that how Maggie survived for 30 years without food and being isolated. There are many assumptions about that lab where they have worked out all kinds of circumstances. You have good points from a serious critic point of view. 

I would not say that it is an excellent and well made film worth remembering. Just saying don’t watch it if you have high expectations or a perfectionist who points out all the flaws. 

i have had absolutely no drive to watch this movie at all, the trailer itself looked meh. I am not too interested in Captain Marvel too, i guess too much superhero stuff. Probably i am gonna call it quits after IW 2

I saw it today. I thought the last 30 minutes (the car chase onwards) were the best part of it. But yeah, kinda disappointing overall. Especially because the first one was such a fantastic film. 

Well you can say that it is more of a filler. 

It will be hard for Marvel to churn out universe threatening villains like Dormammu/Thanos for every upcoming non avengers movie. They have been in this superhero business for 10 years therefore becoming stale like call of duty for the die hard fans 

Infinity War made more than $2Billion. There's no way Marvel will stop teasing bigger villains and setting up event movies like this. They also got the rights back to use Dr Doom, Galactus and many more villains after buying Fox. There are rumours of them doing Secret Invasion and Avengers vs X-Men storyline in the near future. Spidey has the Sinister Six anyways. Jake Gyllenhaal was cast as Mysterio recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, Star Lord said:

Infinity War made more than $2Billion. There's no way Marvel will stop teasing bigger villains and setting up event movies like this. They also got the rights back to use Dr Doom, Galactus and many more villains after buying Fox. There are rumours of them doing Secret Invasion and Avengers vs X-Men storyline in the near future. Spidey has the Sinister Six anyways. Jake Gyllenhaal was cast as Mysterio recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has the fox /disney deal been inked? 

Would be awesome to see deadpool in avengers 4.

• Like 1

Has the fox /disney deal been inked? 
Would be awesome to see deadpool in avengers 4.
you wont see deadpool in avengers 4 marvel works on locked scripts and the production is well underway...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Fox Disney deal is still not done. Latest development is Comcast dropping out of bidding. Now Disney will actually complete acquisition. 

Edited by Big Boss

• 11 months later...
On 7/20/2018 at 9:44 AM, Big Boss said:

Fox Disney deal is still not done. Latest development is Comcast dropping out of bidding. Now Disney will actually complete acquisition. 

22 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Whoa where are all the posts gone. We have lost a year worth of posts. Anyways Spider-man Far from Home was amazing. Definitely worth a watch. 

Haha, it feels like we have time travelled on IVG. ?

Was very disappointed with Annabelle Comes Home. Don't know why I even bother with it anymore.

First half was time wasting and 2nd half was filled with 2-3 jump scares for each character and they were super predictable. The cheap comedy scenes were awkward and didn't land. Nothing stood out and felt like a total waste of time and money. 

4/10. Snoozefest. Should have gone for Spiderman instead. 

1 hour ago, him2anshu said:

Haha, it feels like we have time travelled on IVG. ?

Best part of it all, it's like GoT final season never existed :lol:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Was very disappointed with Annabelle Comes Home. Don't know why I even bother with it anymore.

First half was time wasting and 2nd half was filled with 2-3 jump scares for each character and they were super predictable. The cheap comedy scenes were awkward and didn't land. Nothing stood out and felt like a total waste of time and money. 

4/10. Snoozefest. Should have gone for Spiderman instead. 

As bad as The Nun. Not wasting any more money on this in the future ?

Annabelle Comes Home was simply brilliant. Great Jump scares,fantastic setup for future movies and some great concepts. Loved the ferry man. All tied in logically. Excellent horror stuff after a long time. BGM steals it.

Cant wait for Conjuring 3 now in September 2020.

Article 15 is a good watch too. Damm the horror. Shocking events.

Far from home is quite simply among the top 3 Marvel movies. 

Great VFX (possibly the best in MCU so far), comic scenes coming to life, the (possible) start of a new franchise because of the appearance of old MCU entity (albeit in a different form), the post credit scenes. Everything was so well done. 

Spoiler

IM as a zombie in one of the illusions. Possible Marvel Zombies movie based on the comic ? :wub: