Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

13 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

I am planning to watch Far From Home in 4DX, if anyone else went for 4DX for this movie, please share your experiences, is it worth it? 

4DX is sh*t man. I hate how the seats keep on moving left right center every second. Super distracting. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

I thought Far From Home was just about ok. Its always kinda telling when the post credits scene is the most exciting part of the movie. ?

Maybe my expectations were too high after Into the Spiderverse and Endgame (the last two comic book movies I saw). 

Speaking of 4DX, I watched Godzilla 2 in 4DX last week and I honestly quite enjoyed it.

I went in expecting it to be just a distracting gimmick but I was pleasantly surprised to see it actually added to my experience. It's probably because the whole thing is completely in-sync with what is happening on screen (there was no interval either).

I would liken the experience to what controller vibration brings to games (just with a lot more intensity :P).

There were still a few distracting bits (the useless snow effect comes to mind) but I really don't think I would have enjoyed this movie had I not seen it in 4DX.

Now I wish I could've seen Pacific Rim in 4DX ?

Edited by STICK3Rboy

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

4DX is sh*t man. I hate how the seats keep on moving left right center every second. Super distracting. 

34 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Speaking of 4DX, I watched Godzilla 2 in 4DX last week and I honestly quite enjoyed it.

I went in expecting it to be just a distracting gimmick but I was pleasantly surprised to see it actually added to my experience. It's probably because the whole thing is completely in-sync with what is happening on screen (there was no interval either).

I would liken the experience to what controller vibration brings to games (just with a lot more intensity :P).

There were still a few distracting bits (the useless snow effect comes to mind) but I really don't think I would have enjoyed this movie had I not seen it in 4DX.

Now I wish I could've seen Pacific Rim in 4DX ?

I have seen other movies in the 4DX and I generally like the experience, agreed with the motion controlling thing and yeah, the smell and snow effects are mostly distracting and useless, but I was asking for this particular movie - does the camera moves frequently, are there many over the top, fast, moving action sequences, which would enhance the viewing experience, like when Spidey swings, seats move etc. I know that Homecoming was not good for 4DX because there was little action and camera was stable with Spidey moving across the screen. If this has the swinging like the old movies where the camera follows the action, then, I guess, it’ll be great for 4DX.

I saw Fantastic Beasts and where to find them and loved the 4DX experience on that one, it had motion effects when the camera enters the newspaper clips etc..

14 hours ago, him2anshu said:

I have seen other movies in the 4DX and I generally like the experience, agreed with the motion controlling thing and yeah, the smell and snow effects are mostly distracting and useless, but I was asking for this particular movie - does the camera moves frequently, are there many over the top, fast, moving action sequences, which would enhance the viewing experience, like when Spidey swings, seats move etc. I know that Homecoming was not good for 4DX because there was little action and camera was stable with Spidey moving across the screen. If this has the swinging like the old movies where the camera follows the action, then, I guess, it’ll be great for 4DX.

I saw Fantastic Beasts and where to find them and loved the 4DX experience on that one, it had motion effects when the camera enters the newspaper clips etc..

Well, Far From Home certainly has more (and better) action than the previous one. There are a few sequences in particular (towards the end mainly) which I think would be great in 4DX. But can't really say for sure as I haven't experienced it myself ?

Edited by STICK3Rboy

8 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Well, Far From Home certainly has more (and better) action than the previous one. There are a few sequences in particular (towards the end mainly) which I think would be great in 4DX. But can't really say for sure as I haven't experienced it myself ?

It’s okay, I’ll take my chances. ? Thanks, I just wanted to know about the action scenes, because there were none in Homecoming, so I was getting skeptical about it. Since, the first time I went to 4DX, I have always thought that experiencing Spidey swinging around would be a treat in that format. Come Saturday, hopefully that imagination will turn into reality.

The Lion King is at 57% on RT and will probably drop more.

Apparently, they went so far with the photo-realism that the animals don't emote at all, making the movie feel soulless ?

Edited by STICK3Rboy

10 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Apparently, they went so far with the photo-realism that the animals don't emote at all, making the movie feel soulless ?

Such a bummer. After Annabelle Comes Home crap needed something good to watch. ?

11 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

f**k yeah. This useless "gritty" live action remakes of old classics have to stop. Nonsensical stuff. 

Finally watched Alita: Battle Angel.

Kept me engaged from the beginning to the end. Only gripe being we're left with some big questions.

Its a tragedy that Captain Marvel made a Billion+ and this made just a little over 400 Million despite having similar budget.

Absolutely loved Roza Salazar as Alita, completely opposite feeling compared to Brie Larson as Carol Danvers.

I so hope a sequel gets green-lit.

Loved far from home, they really stood up after the endgame disaster, this one has much more charm, and feels like a proper marvel movie. 

The end credit is pretty awesome too.. Good return marvel. 

Super 30, Excellent Movie. Cliche moments here and there but overall very well acted by Hrithik. 

Pro Tip - Don't have popcorn or any edibles after the interval.

18 hours ago, AtheK said:

Loved far from home, they really stood up after the endgame disaster, this one has much more charm, and feels like a proper marvel movie. 

The end credit is pretty awesome too.. Good return marvel. 

Yep, enjoyed it more than endgame.