Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Saw once upon a time in Hollywood. Probably Tarantino's worst movie. Last half an hour or so is baller. Stellar performance by Brad Pitt and Leo. Regarding censorship, only a*s, a**hole and bastard is censored. So that's like probably 10-15 times. f**k, sh*t etc is not censored. Censoring f**k would have rendered the movie unwatchable. Violence is not at all censored.

Also Cinepolis gave us apology voucher for a free Imax movie which can be watched till 15/9. Idk what were they apologizing for, it just said apologies for inconvenience, here is the free movie voucher.

Edited by Big Boss

16 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Also Cinepolis gave us apology voucher for a free Imax movie which can be watched till 15/9. Idk what were the apologizing for, it just said apologies for inconvenience, here is the free movie voucher.

That is amazing. :rofl: 

4 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Also Cinepolis gave us apology voucher for a free Imax movie which can be watched till 15/9. Idk what were they apologizing for, it just said apologies for inconvenience, here is the free movie voucher.

Subtitles? 

Watched Once upon a time in Hollywood last night.

It works more like a time capsule than a standard movie. It is very leisurely paced and is in no hurry to go anywhere. It doesn't really build up to anything either.

It is quite literally just a peek into what a specific couple of days were like in the lives of a washed up actor and his stuntman friend. What this means is that it is more of a collection of short stories than a novel.

It does give you a very strong sense of time and place though and I feel like that is what the movie is primarily going for.

I did still like it quite a bit as I was entertained and fascinated by it. But I can't really say I loved it because it ultimately lacked any worthwhile impact.

It feels like the kind of movie that you'd want to have playing in the background while doing something else.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

Around 15 minutes footage is just people driving with music. No dialogues or anything. I would have liked it more if I knew anything about Sharon Tate. Too bad I didn't read about her. I would have enjoyed the movie way more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Around 15 minutes footage is just people driving with music. No dialogues or anything. I would have liked it more if I knew anything about Sharon Tate. Too bad I didn't read about her. I would have enjoyed the movie way more.

Yeah and I was slightly disappointed by that because that is the main USP of Tarantino movies for me.

But I did have a fair idea of what to expect coz I had watched Stuckmann's review beforehand. Props to him for rightly calling it a "chill" movie. I booked recliner seats, propped my legs up, relaxed and just enjoyed the movie for what it is.

Out now....you know where.

It's from the director of Memories of Murder, Mother, and Snowpiercer among others and it also won the Palme D'or at Cannes.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Yup that charles manson and his cult story is the most interesting part of the movie.

Mindhunter season 2 has the same actor potraying charles manson

Edited by hazard12345

8 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Out now....you know where.

It's from the director of Memories of Murder, Mother, and Snowpiercer among others and it also won the Palme D'or at Cannes.

Thanks for the ....... headsup. :P 

• Like 1

Holy f**k, Parasite is awesome!

You know the kind of movies which make you feel like you haven't seen such a great movie in a long, long time (even though that might not exactly be true) because they're just so f**king good?

This is one of those movies. It has a great story and is highly entertaining!

Do yourselves a favour and watch it, guys. Best of 2019 so far for sure.

Hmm, got around John Wick movies and kind of disappointed. 

John Wick - good start with solid action

John Wick 2 - some more action but kind of felt weaker than previous part

John Wick 3 - lots of action...like entire movie while forgetting everything else

I really hate the fact we are 3 movies in and still 0% of the time has been spent on the (back) story and characters. While the action is top-notch and Keanu delivering every single time, the negatives still take away some of the fun. The dialogues were very minimal and bad. There is no tension, no buildup, no plot, nothing. Just 2 hours of non-stop killing and Halle Berry action scene felt bit long and dogs recycling same attack got old fast. The movies doesn't move a single step forward. 

That said, still enjoyable and action was done well. Given the lack of good action movies, this surely fills the gap. Hopefully the next chapter (probably 2 more given how they are progressing) will have a better plot/build up and explain everything. 

14 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

The dialogues were very minimal and bad. 

:lol:

There's hardly any dialogues. I think the whole script is like 3/4 pages...
Most of Keanu's dialogues are phrases 

Edited by silentassassin

Was generous. All those Kate Dillon scenes were ruined by some terrible dialogues. Keanu barely speaks but that's okay. It fits his style but rest of them poorly written/delivered. 

The whole Elder segment was also so bad. The lore at this point is pretty much flashing different sized coins around and repeating bad sentences over and over again. 

Easily my least favorite movie from the series so far.