Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Far From Home is Sony's highest grossing movie ever. If they reboot again, it won't reach the same numbers easily lol. Hoping Uncle Ben doesn't have to die again. :lol:

TASM 2 and Venom were pretty bad though, probably a bit better than the likes of Suicide Squad, JL and Fant4stic. That's nothing to write home about. 

10 minutes ago, adity said:

Your opinion sucks. 

Straight to the face. XXJ51Zb.gif 

1 minute ago, Defender487 said:

U just can't rewatch old movies serie

Tobey's Spider-Man movies are very much re-watching even today... 

16 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Disney already had 100% of the income from merchandising.

Disney owns the merchandising rights because SONY sold them. Though 5% from movies to 50% straight up is bullshite. SONY did apparently tried to negotiate but Disney isn't interested. 

2 hours ago, Star Lord said:

Far From Home is Sony's highest grossing movie ever. If they reboot again, it won't reach the same numbers easily lol. Hoping Uncle Ben doesn't have to die again. :lol:

TASM 2 and Venom were pretty bad though, probably a bit better than the likes of Suicide Squad, JL and Fant4stic. That's nothing to write home about. 

A $800 million movie with full share is more profitable than a billion dollar one with 50% share. Not to forget, a movie like Into the spiderverse is better than anything Disney has put up with Marvel. But its ok. Keep laughing..

5 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Actually I'm not too dissapointed . I liked both Tom Holland movies but Spiderman had been reduced to a side character in MCU. Plus spiderman is way too young in this MCU setting to take on serious villains like Venom.

I still prefer the Toby Maguire interpretation to others.

Hopefully now we can have Tom Hardy's venom crossing paths with the new Spiderman.

Toby's version was that of a sobby bitch. sh*t movies. 

The recent ones are basically perfect IMO (ofc). Fun, peppy, don't take themselves too seriously and Holland is just perfect for Spiderman. 

2 hours ago, kmkaks said:

I don't understand what is great about into the spider verse, please enlighten me. 

Incredibly fresh take for superhero genre, no sucking up to Stark or Fury, amazing action sequences, the music that isn't a boilerplate superhero template, an original story for once, superb animation work etc. Even in the downtime it felt like it was moving at lightning speed. FFH was such a stark (no pun) contrast to it. The only exciting stuff in that snoozer happened after the credits.

Seems like Sony's loss more than MCU TBH. Pretty much the only fun parts of the last 2 Spiderman movies were the all the Avengers/Stark bits. Take that out and its pretty boring. 

Then again, maybe thats not a bad thing. Now that they wont have the MCU crutch to lean on, who knows maybe they will actually make a great solo Spiderman movie. I know they f**ked up a few times but they have made good Spiderman films too. And I dont think Venom was as bad as most people made it out to be. 

I am also guessing this means Deadpool/Spiderman is not happening. Now that is a shame indeed. 

Edited by Aftrunner

@Joe Cool Yes the merchandising rights were sold back to MCU, but that was a part of the negotiation as well.

From CNBC:

In the initial deal between the two companies, Sony would allow Marvel’s creative team to integrate Spider-Man into its cinematic universe and would put up 100% of the production costs. In exchange, Disney received 5% of “first-dollar gross,” or 5% of the ticket sales from the first day of the release, and retained the merchandising rights for the character. Sony, would reap the rest of the box office haul.

Sourcehttps://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/21/spider-man-talks-breakdown-why-thats-bad-for-disney-and-sony.html

And frankly, Sony as owner of the IP, needed to make the money. Also do note that this was for the stand-alone films. Any assembled films like Civil War/Infinity War/End Game etc. - revenue went to Disney. So agreeing to Disney's 50/50 split would have been completely to Sony's loss.

@Aftrunner I would say it was a loss for both parties. Now that Phase 4 has started and previous greats like Iron Man, Captain America have gone Spiderman was one of Marvel's most important heroes. And Feige and Crew had completely integrated him as Iron Man's successor in MCU. Now that will completely go for a toss.

I do have faith in Sony though. They went into a bad Spiderman spell from Spiderman 3 onwards. But both Into the Spiderverse and the PS4 Spiderman game have shown that they have got their sh*t back together and can make some absolutely wonderful movies if they put their minds to it.

Also, I frankly don't want to support Disney for now. They are acting like big playground bullies. Based on MCU alone, they have made a virtual monopoly in the movie industry. And this is absolutely horrible for the quality of movies as a whole. What has Disney got right now outside the MCU? Star Wars -  Ruined; Live Action Remakes of Old Classics - Absolutely Pathetic. If and when the superhero bubble bursts, the entire movie industry as it is now will be left in a very bad spot.

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Incredibly fresh take for superhero genre, no sucking up to Stark or Fury, amazing action sequences, the music that isn't a boilerplate superhero template, an original story for once, superb animation work etc. Even in the downtime it felt like it was moving at lightning speed. FFH was such a stark (no pun) contrast to it. The only exciting stuff in that snoozer happened after the credits.

Animation and music was great, i agreed to that but the plot and characters were cliched and boring, nothing new in the plot, multiverse meeting were always a part of the comics. Plus pacing was dull af too.

What - Spiderverse - Fresh take? You gotta be kidding me, most animated films have the same theme, boy hero comes back to save the day!!! So refreshing!!!

Spidey never sucked up to stark.lol. Stark was a father figure he admired. He treats stark with respect. Now thats more like a fresh take! It is so cool to see a superhero develop in a normal way like a normal human being with superpowers.

Edited by kmkaks

@roun90 the live action remakes of classics are being made at such frantic pace because disney will loose ip rights to the properties since as per us laws such ip rights lasts only 20 years from date of filing. 

^^ one of my friends studying international law told me this. I haven't verified but the pace at which these remakes are being meted out makes me believe it could be true.

Star Wars is ruined because it had a sjw creative head (KK). There is no hope until that biatch is fired.

MCU will be ok as long as KF helms it. Rather KF deals with spider man IP than risking it ending up like The amazing spiderman and Venom.

8 hours ago, roun90 said:

And in MCU, Peter Parker was actually becoming Iron Man 2.0 rather than Spiderman. Peter's own sense of identity and inventiveness was nowhere to be seen. And he had the entire Iron Man foundation backing him up. Something which the real Spiderman could never dream of. The actual Spiderman was characterized by being poor, always getting in messes and using his own inventiveness to get out of it. His personal life was a mess, and being Spiderman made it worse. Handing Tony's funds, tech etc. would have brought Peter to his knees. Here almost everything was given to him. Peter here dosen't hace as much problems as he would have faced in the comics/older movies. And almost all the problems he does face are of his own doing as a high-schooler rather than having circumstances forced upon him.

1. Peter was never being iron man 2.0, he just has tech support and guidance from Tony. He was a young man finding his way in this world, Tony was like a father figure who helped him out, he likes Peter because Peter is a kid with heart and intelligence, the former being a trait which Tony admires in people because he realized the importance of this late in his life.

You will see no recemblense between Tony's character and Peters. Eg. Tony is arrogant and cocky vs Peter is humble and down to earth.

2. Peter's identity and inventiveness - Peter comes up with 2 brilliant plans in the goofiest of ways possible with the 2 pop culture reference an saves Tony and Dr. Strange. Isn't that enough evidence of his inventiveness. 

3. Old Spiderman problems - So you want to see uncle Ben die again???

##Sighs##. Cant we all accept a fresh cool take on Spiderman? This kind of inventiveness is exactly what is missing from cinema nowadays.

The transition of Spidey from being an immature young man into a proper Superhero (plus James Gunn Guardians 3 with thor and Dr. Strange) is what was most exciting about MCU phase 4 amidst all the SJW pandering BS. Now its gone.

Hope Disney bend the knee to Sony for the greater good of mankind.

Edited by kmkaks

Wait. So Sony buys Insomniac and the very next day the Disney deal "falls through"? Disney done f**ked up. Watch as how Sony puts Insomniac in charge of the next movie and rubs Disney's face in all the 0% of money they'll be making. :lol: 

Edited by achilles

45 minutes ago, adity said:

Star wars has a lot of issues. For one, very little thought seems to be given to plot. The original trilogy was so well paced and the plot made sense. Now, its all just a bunch of random bullshit. It's still enjoyable somewhat but utterly falls apart on closer scrutiny. 

Yes!! The worst part about the last Jedi was the SJW pandering. Wtf the whole resistance is getting rekd and our black/asian heroes are saving oppressed animals and the camera focuses....... on them making love.  

All the main characters are female and men(mainly Luke and Kylo) are dumb idiots who cant make a proper decision.

Why is this you ask? Because the current producer of lucasfilm is a feminist SJW.

Star Wars's core theme of hope was brushed aside throughout the film to pander to her ideology and push her agenda. Hope was probably referenced at the end, for the sake of it, because someone reminded her she was making Star Wars. 

----- I am actually venting my frustration since I love the original triolgy so much, please forgive-----

Edited by kmkaks

44 minutes ago, adity said:

You don't know what you're talking about. There was nothing cliche about Spiderverse. Each of the spidermen were unique and very well acted. There was a spiderman who was a Korean kid in a mech, one which was a pig and 4 others each having a unique animation style in the same scene while never looking out of place. The humor almost always landed and it did a good job of humanising kingpin. It allowed the characters to have their emotional moments without cheapening them like MCU tends to do. 

It was a great movie. 

And when you simplify something like that, everything sounds silly. 

Get born, make kids and die? Haha what a sh*t life. 

All i said is the plot was a disney movie cliche but I guess I will watch the film again and comment. All of you wont diss my opinion without reason. 

????

I didnt get what you meant by get born,kids,die in the end????

How in the hell is Nick Cage playing Noir Spiderman that only sees stuff in black and white cliched? :lol: 

Anyway I was already tired of MCU overload. Its one thing to play as guest character in one of their movies, and completely different thing to bring all that baggage with you for a standalone movie.