Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

31 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

I don't see exactly how can it be absolute shite. It looks fantastic..

The descent into madness should hit us hard. It should not end up feeling silly or empty.

I am  only apprehensive because the Joker in the dark knight is perhaps, the(or maybe one of the) greatest characters ever created. One of the coolest part behind TDKs Joker was the mystery behind his origin. I rewatched TDK many times to find a clue but nope, it was perfect. My mind will inevitabely draw comparisons with Heath Ledger and that is such a ridiculously high standard to top.

Plus there are so many stories and interpretations, things can go wrong very easily.

Fortunately joker is played by JP and the cinematography looks great but the clown makeup around the eyes and nose look a bit odd(at least for me) and there are too many props used in the portions shown in the trailer which are many a times, symptoms of a lack of focus.

1 hour ago, kmkaks said:

The descent into madness should hit us hard. It should not end up feeling silly or empty.

I am  only apprehensive because the Joker in the dark knight is perhaps, the(or maybe one of the) greatest characters ever created. One of the coolest part behind TDKs Joker was the mystery behind his origin. I rewatched TDK many times to find a clue but nope, it was perfect. My mind will inevitabely draw comparisons with Heath Ledger and that is such a ridiculously high standard to top.

Plus there are so many stories and interpretations, things can go wrong very easily.

Fortunately joker is played by JP and the cinematography looks great but the clown makeup around the eyes and nose look a bit odd(at least for me) and there are too many props used in the portions shown in the trailer which are many a times, symptoms of a lack of focus.

Just because Health was so good makes no reason to think this would be absolute shite. Even if this joke is not as good, doesn't make it shite. Same goes for your point regarding there being so many Joker stories before. I don't see how that increases chances of this being shite.

Edited by Sach4life

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

Just because Health was so good makes no reason to think this would be absolute shite. Even if this joke is not as good, doesn't make it shite. Same goes for your point regarding there being so many Joker stories before. I don't see how that increases chances of this being shite.

4 dangerous traits of Joker:

1. His character has history in terms of storylines and performances. 

2. His character is popular.

3. His character is extraordinarily complex. 

4. Jokers Psychotic theme.

When you combine the above factors, the probablity of mediocrity is very less imo, thats all that I intended to convey but unfortunately the obsessive TDK fanboy made my response TDK focused and convoluted. Sorry abt that.

Edited by kmkaks
  • Like 1

I think the makers of Joker had mentioned that there won't be any similarities/links to any of the already existing material (comics, especially) for the origin story. This is simply the writer's and Todd Phillips' interpretation of what Joker's origin could be.

Comparisons to Ledger's performance, though, is inevitable, for most of the people who have seen TDK.

For Joker sticking to the comics for big screen is next to impossible in today's climate with how easily various groups and people get offended. Good to see fresh take on origins of Joker.... 

Alita ended when things got interesting. So stupid. Now we have to wait for the sequel... 

In an interview with BBC Radio 1, Cameron explained the reason for rearranging the film title from the initial source material, allowing the possibilities of sequel titles, "It's Alita, colon, Battle Angel. Because the next one will be "Alita: Fallen Angel" and then Alita... you know "Avenging Angel" and then Alita whatever. I mean, that's assuming we make some money".

33 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Alita ended when things got interesting. So stupid. Now we have to wait for the sequel... 

Which technically is not green lit yet.

Alita, pacing was all wrong, first half is slow and second half is rushed... they could have balanced it by showing more of derby how she first enter and struggle blah blah and finally wins and stuff.. the usual underdog story would have worked here...

13 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Terminator Dark Fate Trailer

Holy sh*t that trailer is so good bro. And the director of Deadpool. 

Kinda excited. 

Edited by Joe Cool