Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Back from IT part 2, overall a weaker movie. The charm of the first one was kids taking on the horrors. Here it with mature guys it didnt work that good.

Movie still got some moments, some scary ones too but it got boring at one point. Still, fans of the first one should watch it, esp. for the flashbacks & the kids sequences. The ending was a good one.

Saw Chhichhore yesterday and enjoyed it a lot . Was initially skeptical but after reading so many good reviews decided to go for it . It's a superb comedy film with a good moral lesson . Whole audience kept laughing from start to the end . Sushant was decent in his role while Shraddha didn't have much to do or say .  It's the supporting cast which really shines in the movie  .Varun Sharma was superb in his role as Sexa . Other actors played their part nicely as well . Overall a very good fun filled entertainer . 

DC's Joker starring Joaquin Phoenix and directed by Todd Philips won the Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival. That is the most prestigious award at the Venice Film Festival. Also the award at the Venice Film Festival is seen as a pre-cursor to the Oscars with other films like Roma and The Shape of Water winning the Golden Lion going on to win the Best Picture at the Academy Awards.

Sourcehttps://thewire.in/film/joker-wins-best-film-at-venice-film-festival

Damn, critics are loving the movie. Joker might be DC's next Dark Knight at this rate.

Edited by roun90

2 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Knives Out starring Chris Evans and Daniel Craig, directed by Rian Johnson(Last Jedi) seems to be a must watch whodunnit mystery/drama. 

Yup.

Big fan of Rian Johnson. Have loved everything he has done so far and this doesn't look like it's going to be an exception.

I just hope they don't cancel his new SW trilogy :samui:

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Damn, critics are loving the movie. Joker might be DC's next Dark Knight at this rate.

Yeah. I like that DC is now doing its own thing and not trying to ape Marvel.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

20 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah. I like that DC is now doing its own thing and not trying to ape Marvel.

Yup; I love it. Not as much of a Marvel Fan anymore. But it's difficult to produce an entire franchise in this manner. The Dark Knight was brilliant and (IMO) head and shoulders above anything Marvel produced. But Marvel made tons of movies with OK quality while DC made 1 -2 brilliant movies. It's easy to churn out quantity when you have a formula. But making brilliant movies like TDK or Logan - That's tough and not always possible.

Depending on such brilliant movies is good for critics and the audience, but not exactly conducive to establishing an entire DC franchise

8 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Yup; I love it. Not as much of a Marvel Fan anymore. But it's difficult to produce an entire franchise in this manner. The Dark Knight was brilliant and (IMO) head and shoulders above anything Marvel produced. But Marvel made tons of movies with OK quality while DC made 1 -2 brilliant movies. It's easy to churn out quantity when you have a formula. But making brilliant movies like TDK or Logan - That's tough and not always possible.

Depending on such brilliant movies is good for critics and the audience, but not exactly conducive to establishing an entire DC franchise

Agree with everything you've said.

And I really don't mind if they stop going for a shared universe and just produce standalone movies and trilogies.

Problem with DCEU or DCCU was that they rushed everything horribly to have a Justice League movie. And the movie itself turned out to be a dumpster fire. There was so much potential. But Marvel on the other hand, developed their cinematic universe in a way that no one could. Imagine telling someone a decade ago that an Avengers movie will be the biggest movie of all time. They turned unpopular characters into popular ones. 

I think from now on WB/DC will focus on more elseworld stories.

Edited by cyberpunk

So Knives Out will be releasing in November.

The same month in which Terminator: DF and Ford v Ferrari are coming out.

Also the same month in which Jedi: Fallen Order, NFS: Heat, Death Stranding, Planet Zoo and Doom Eternal are coming out.

And also the same month in which Rick and Morty S4 and The Mandalorian are coming out.

Holy f**k! Can a single month get any more awesome than this? :panic:

So I finally saw John Wick 3. Absolutely loved it. I have a question though:

Halle Berry's dog gets shot by GoT guy, but then in the next fight she has two dogs fighting for her. So did she 3 dogs OR that dog didn't die by the gun shot because of his vest?

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

So I finally saw John Wick 3. Absolutely loved it. I have a question though:

Hide contents

Halle Berry's dog gets shot by GoT guy, but then in the next fight she has two dogs fighting for her. So did she 3 dogs OR that dog didn't die by the gun shot because of his vest?

Regarding spoiler 
Second option. The Vest