Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

On 9/10/2019 at 2:06 PM, Big Boss said:

Oh so all that massacre was almost for nothing lol.

I always assumed bronn went for the kill, and would have taken a second shot when he realized the vest kept the doggo safe. Halle decides to take the initiative and retaliate before bronn went for the killshot.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:21 AM, Krazyniks said:

Saw Chhichhore yesterday and enjoyed it a lot . Was initially skeptical but after reading so many good reviews decided to go for it . It's a superb comedy film with a good moral lesson . Whole audience kept laughing from start to the end . Sushant was decent in his role while Shraddha didn't have much to do or say .  It's the supporting cast which really shines in the movie  .Varun Sharma was superb in his role as Sexa . Other actors played their part nicely as well . Overall a very good fun filled entertainer . 

Yes a very well made movie indeed, just returned and really happy that we have finally started to get good movies in Bollywood. 

Some of the scenes reminded me straight of my college days.. 

Reviews out for The Lighthouse

Average Rating: 8.69/10

• By turns funny, sinister, haunting, historically fascinating and mythical, "The Lighthouse" is one of the best films of the year.
  • You will be dreaming of beards, corncob pipes, blinding light, and tentacles for days. Consider that a warning, or an enticement.
  • While it's ultimately a bit too self-conscious to provoke the existential dread and true terror of the best films like it, it's still an impressive accomplishment thanks to Eggers' fearlessness and a pair of completely committed performances.
  • It leaves you dazed, terrified and elated, and it signals Eggers as one of the most exciting directors working today.
  • A psychological nightmare that gnaws at the brain long after the disturbing final image assaults the retina.
  • You don't watch The Lighthouse. You absorb it. Pattinson and Dafoe are like caged animals slinking around the perimeter, testing each other's resolve before pouncing.
  • The two stormy performances by Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson that are so touched by madness that the cracks in their unblinking stares, and crusty whiskers, cast an unreality all their own.
  • There is something of Mikhail Bakhtin's carnivalesque in the way things transpire: a free revelry in what is base, taboo and profane, right down to the coded foreplay within Pattinson and Dafoe's later interactions.
  • It is buckwild and vivid, funny and freaky.

9 hours ago, AtheK said:

Yes a very well made movie indeed, just returned and really happy that we have finally started to get good movies in Bollywood. 

Some of the scenes reminded me straight of my college days.. 

Yeah it does remind you of your college / hostel life memories.

Also the movie started off slowly but has picked up a lot  because of good word of mouth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Reviews out for The Lighthouse

Average Rating: 8.69/10

• By turns funny, sinister, haunting, historically fascinating and mythical, "The Lighthouse" is one of the best films of the year.
  • You will be dreaming of beards, corncob pipes, blinding light, and tentacles for days. Consider that a warning, or an enticement.
  • While it's ultimately a bit too self-conscious to provoke the existential dread and true terror of the best films like it, it's still an impressive accomplishment thanks to Eggers' fearlessness and a pair of completely committed performances.
  • It leaves you dazed, terrified and elated, and it signals Eggers as one of the most exciting directors working today.
  • A psychological nightmare that gnaws at the brain long after the disturbing final image assaults the retina.
  • You don't watch The Lighthouse. You absorb it. Pattinson and Dafoe are like caged animals slinking around the perimeter, testing each other's resolve before pouncing.
  • The two stormy performances by Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson that are so touched by madness that the cracks in their unblinking stares, and crusty whiskers, cast an unreality all their own.
  • There is something of Mikhail Bakhtin's carnivalesque in the way things transpire: a free revelry in what is base, taboo and profane, right down to the coded foreplay within Pattinson and Dafoe's later interactions.
  • It is buckwild and vivid, funny and freaky.

Pattinson has shown himself to be more than a pretty face. Looking forward to it ! 

Chichhore -
It's like Jo jeeta wahi sikandar meets 3 idiots. Acting and direction is quite good. Support cast is great. They were able to hit the social message too. After long we have a genuine funny movie. Enjoyed a lot.
Will rate it 8/10.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Saw Parasite. Really fun film. 

100% getting a soulless Bollywood remake within the next year. It just feels that kind of a film. 

If I had to bet money, I would say Akshay Kumar as the poor father. 

Edited by Aftrunner

Saw Parasite. Really fun film. 

100% getting a soulless Bollywood remake within the next year. It just feels that kind of a film. 

If I had to bet money, I would say Akshay Kumar as the poor father. 
Is it streaming anywhere or download?

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Ford v Ferrari reviews out

Average Rating: 7.16/10

• A full-bodied and exciting true-life story in which the men behind the wheels are just as dynamic as the machines they drive.
  • The story's great and the racetrack action leaves skid marks on the eyeballs.
  • I imagine many viewers will be more than happy to be whisked away by "Ford v Ferrari."
  • Somehow, Mangold has made a two and half hour movie out of this rather dry-sounding source material, and most pleasingly, it's entertaining even to someone with absolutely no skin in the racing game.
  • Thrilling, and greatly affecting... The running time is 152 minutes, and it is running time -- not a moment seems slow.
  • Mangold's movie doesn't reinvent the wheel, but it sure leaves a pair of steaming tread marks in its wake.
  • This pompous piece of filmmaking is surprising coming from Mangold, who has found a groove as a director making very entertaining, yet reserved films.
  • Premium, star-driven entertainment made on a grand scale.
  • Ford v Ferrari is, in a word, sturdy. It's the kind of airtight drama that could never be called groundbreaking or even original. But it offers ample pleasures in performance and design.

9 hours ago, Sach4life said:

IT 2 was terrible. Haven't felt this bored in a movie hall in a long long time.

I was so excited for IT 2 but seeing the nearly 3 hour run time i decided to skip it. No way it needs that long.

Watched Ready or Not last night.

Has a fun premise and is overall quite a fun movie too.

Just wish it was directed a little better. There were some scenes where you couldn't figure out what was going on because of the zoomed-in shaky cam and how dark the movie generally looks. Also, the kills could probably have been more gruesome and inventive.

Still worth watching though.

Ohh and the lead actress was great.