Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Watched Dream Girl 

strictly average, pre intermission was good. 2nd half is nonsense (and that is after I suspended my disbelief about aayushman living in mathura and commuting to faridabad for work daily) and very rushed. 

They played the stereotypes well, and fans of casual racism will love it, so that’s a plus. 

Aayushman has his niche set as the middle class guy hiding some embarrassing sh*t, while Nusrat looked cute af, heavy Jeniffer love Hewitt vibes. 

6/10

Edited by Nemo

12 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

The Irishman

Metascore-92
Rotten Tomatoes- 100%

Scorsese rarely, if ever, disappoints.

Considering his age, it's kinda incredible how he still keeps making these awesome movies.

5 hours ago, adity said:

Booked joker Imax for Wednesday. :dance:

My man!

Me too. :dance:

In fact, I'm mostly gonna watch it twice. IMAX first and then the regular version (for friends who couldn't join me for the IMAX version). Also, it's mostly gonna be back-to-back.

Soooooooooooo excited for it.

9 minutes ago, papun1055 said:

Birds of Prey

I dunno. It looks super try hard edgy. Even more than the Joker movie. Still, will probably day 1 it. 

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Directed by Michael Bay :P

Damn! Netflix really spending that money. 

3 hours ago, papun1055 said:

Birds of Prey

because that’s how I get hyped for comic book movie, classical music and introspective duality .. 

what a garbage trailer. I dunno why dc/wb is going for philosophical grandstanding in their movies. You have Joker pandering to introvert teenagers and Harley Quinn has the- just outta relationship lesbian convert- trope. I bet she’ll have a 30sec sex scene followed by a 5 min monologue about emancipation through self love; I’ve watched enough french art house.

Wheres the fun dc? Why can’t you simply have bad mf’rs and hot bitches f**k sh*t up without giving it a Bhansali treatment. 

Edited by Nemo

Loved it. As close as we can get, in terms of the mature-themed DC comics and animated movies to film.

Brilliantly done! The direction, the acting (by everyone). Some of the scenes were surely goosebump-worthy.

:majesty:

IMAX was amazing. Except for the idiotic 'Smoking kills 70 Lac people in a year' message at the bottom right corner. To add to the misery, the message popped-up if there was even some cigarette smoke (yes, the actual cigarette is not even visible in the frame at all) in the scene. There were some scenes at the start where some random people in the background were smoking and that message was there. Got so irritated at the start.

And it wasn't a translucent text, like I've always seen in previous movies. It was a proper 'black-on-white' text. :fogug:

Back from Joker. An amazing, amazing movie. Joaquin Phoenix either matches or even tops Heath Ledger's performance as Joker. While Ledger's Joker was the whole "Animal" and "Agent of Chaos" thing, Phoenix actually provided the performance worthy of "The Clown Prince of Crime". This is no animal or random villain, but rather an actual real person with obvious mental problems. And the scary part - it is highly understandable why people thought that the movie would promote violence. If you watch the movie - even you as a sane person, might at some level find yourself supporting the Joker. Joaquin Phoenix's acting is just so awesome and the story is so amazing.

This movie also provides the answer to why Batman just always captures Joker and drops him off in Arkham Asylum again and again like an idiot in the comics. Joker is an obviously troubled individual and at some level you do feel sorry for him. The final part of the movie - where Phoenix's character ultimately - once and for all - descends into the character of the Joker is a spine chilling moment.

And the thing about this movie is, this kind of transformation could happen to any troubled and mentally sick individual.

Highly urge you guys to watch this movie. It's just amazing and one of the absolute best movies of the year. One of the highest contenders to win the Best Picture of the Oscars and if it should win - it would be very much deserved, simply due to the quality of the acting and the overall movie itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

The final part of the movie - where Phoenix's character ultimately - once and for all - descends into the character of the Joker is a spine chilling moment.

This. One of the best moments. Also, I love the way he 'descends' (like you mentioned) into becoming the Joker. Very gradual but substantial at the same time with each passing scene.

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Movie had so many goosebumps inducing moments!

This.

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Yeah that message was f**king annoying.

This.

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

+1..felt like walking out in the first 5-10 minutes

This. So. Much. Then I remembered the amount I paid for the movie and sat on the chair quietly, with a frown.