Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

On 10/3/2019 at 10:59 PM, dante77 said:

Saw Hobbs and Shaw and loved every moment of it. Would love a sequel.

Hmm, I found 1st half watchable but 2nd half got boring. The who Samoan thing was meh and felt slow. The plot was bad but not watching for it but still very poor job there.

Rock oozes charisma as always. Very much liked Statham. Their chemistry is good and hoping to see another movie with them together. 

Idris is smoking. Oof. Bummer how he always failed though. 

Hmm, I found 1st half watchable but 2nd half got boring. The who Samoan thing was meh and felt slow. The plot was bad but not watching for it but still very poor job there.

Rock oozes charisma as always. Very much liked Statham. Their chemistry is good and hoping to see another movie with them together. 

Idris is smoking. Oof. Bummer how he always failed though. 
Yeah. But I enjoyed it as a mindless action fun. First half was indeed much better. Still, cheesy action movie at its best.

39 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Yeah. But I enjoyed it as a mindless action fun. First half was indeed much better. Still, cheesy action movie at its best.

Any chance you watched Stuber? If so how it is? 

Saw Joker. How is this movie reviewing well? It is such a pile of "i am 14, my parents and teachers are stupid and I like linkin park" edgelord trash. :lol: 

The cinematography is fantastic and that's about it. The director even manages to waste someone as talented as Joaquin Phoenix and I thought that was impossible. 

"Ok so this scene is critical, he has just killed someone. What do you want me to portray? Rage in his eyes? A deadly calm? Ecstasy?"

"No, no. Just dance."

"Are you for real?"

"Yeah yeah. Dance. Just move your hands. Like this."  \o/      \o\       /o/

This is like a bastard child of Taxi Driver and King of Comedy directed by Micheal Bay. Just save yourself some money and watch those two far superior films. 

We really do live in a society. :rofl: 

• Like 5

Saw it last night. It is a very arty take on Joker. The joker or all the movies before this have been about the madness, violence and insanity. It really doesnt come through in this one, at least how it reached to those points. Phoenix is brilliant and what he did after Heath Ledger, no one else could I think. At the end of it, I went good but not great. 

saw few trailers

The Lighthouse - brilliant, can't wait for it

Lal Kaptaan - interesting, amazing transformation of one saif from 'o wow' guy to a serious actor, need to see these, had some brilliant lines in the trailer

Birds of Prey - pretty good

Edited by Pushy

14 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Saw Joker. How is this movie reviewing well? It is such a pile of "i am 14, my parents and teachers are stupid and I like linkin park" edgelord trash. :lol: 

The Joker character was already kind of a poster-child of edgy teens everywhere. DC has really nailed that demographic with this movie.

1 hour ago, adity said:

How is that exactly? He was mentally disabled in the movie? He wasn't edgy at all. 

My first line was about the Joker character in general and in reference to the edgy Joker memes all over the internet. You must've definitely come across cringe-inducing edgy quotes written by edgy teens with a pic of Joker in the background. If not, then google it and prepare yourself for death by cringe.

My second line was about the movie itself and not the character in it. The movie pretends to be something deep and profound while it is none of those things. It is pretty much the movie equivalent of an edgy teenager.

2 minutes ago, adity said:

I know about the memes. Gamersriseup is favorite meme. 

If you thought that the movie was edgy with no depth to it, then maybe you didn't understand it at all. There was nothing edgy about the movie. 

What depth did you think it had?

Here is a litmus test if you will like the Joker movie or not.

eb92fb2faf79fee950ef3849475be3c298f88036

If you find this super deep, this movie is 100% for you. 

Its like the director saw all those "we live in a society" memes and thought they were VERY insightful. :lol: