Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

watched i am legend....i havent read the book, and thts probably the reason i liked the movie....but i still think that the book has the better ending...the ending for the movie was just too weird and boring and also predictable......

^^ Yes, that's pretty much what it implies...

then on second thoughts the movie's ending, although clichéd, isn't too bad -- man (or rather a woman) wants to eradicate the mother of all diseases, but nature has the last laugh; then after a process of natural selection, only the best, or in this case the 1% immune population, get another chance

V

Watched 'Equilibrium'.. Found it ok, but was kinda disappointed coz i'd heard a lotta people talk about it. The GunKata fighting was cool, although a bit under-used. As far as the story was concerned, the premise itself was pretty far-fetched. Once you got over that, it was kinda digestable.

^^ Yes, that's pretty much what it implies...

then on second thoughts the movie's ending, although clichéd, isn't too bad -- man (or rather a woman) wants to eradicate the mother of all diseases, but nature has the last laugh; then after a process of natural selection, only the best, or in this case the 1% immune population, get another chance

V

Going by the movie's ending, the situation is even worse.

There are presumably only a handful of "survivors". They will forever be hunted by the Dark Seekers. Plus the Dark Seekers themselves aren't particularly interested in a cure either. Those humans have a big problem on their hands.

Although I do agree that the movie ending isn't too bad. It reminded me of Children Of Men's ending in some ways.

Watched 30 Days Of Night yesterday. Word of advice - DO NOT WATCH IT IN THEATERS!!!

Not because it's a bad movie but because it has been heavily edited. Much of the violence and gore is absent. It's very easy to tell where the cuts are made. That infamous "axe beheading" scene is totally edited and so is the scene with the little girl.

It's a real shame because the movie is great. Most of it was faithful to the graphic novel, especially the look of the vampires and the way they talk. The actors did a great job in spite of this being a (relatively) low budget horror movie with vampires.

The scream to screech bit in 30 Days of Night was cool, one of the few things I actually liked. Am I the only one who didn't think much of this movie? I didn't find the actual head chop any good either. Just finished watching Shoot 'Em Up. It tried too hard :D 6/10.

Just saw I am Legend today and I really liked it. Slow but nice

was jus gonna post the same .... Will Smith imo was brilliant ....

felt dam bad wen he had to kill his dog

.... :(

:D nw thats a spoiler, u sld hv shaded it black man, damn I am going for the movie tomorrow and i read that :D ....!!