Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

On 10/9/2019 at 5:27 AM, roun90 said:

They have also repeatedly kept saying that Phoenix Joker will not be in DCEU and will not come back.

You would hope so cause otherwise Batman is not really fighting the "Joker". He is just beating up some poor f**k with mental disabilities. Imagine the Dark Knight just whaling on some poor Forrest Gump motherf**ker. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw Joker, absolutely incredible. People in theater cheering for him in last 20 min, cheering for a fking criminal psychopath. Phoenix was amazing, I regret doubting him when he was initially cast as Joker. This is probably an easy Oscar for him.

• Like 1

SPOILER 

SPOILER 

(CAN SOME PLEASE TELL ME AGAIN HOW To MARK IT - nothing major though)

Spoiler

Joker, a bit overrated as people are going crazy.

I think it has become overrated because of the marvel sh*t we get these days (which I don't watch)

Great film nonetheless , absolutely got into the character the last half an hour,feel like dancing with the flow like him and that's when the character won.

Although not even close to a masterpiece, no questions were answered, no particular origins story, wanted to feel him rise from normal to mad gradually and feel the change but it was sudden and needed much more.

Questions weren't answered, depth wasn't created, just that he was already deformed due to his childhood issues and some events triggered it.Its just that some good music and crazy laugh makes a movie an art nowadays, the movie was boring at many points.

Edited by Joe Cool
added spoiler tag

Google Translated

The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit" movies coming to 4K Blu-ray

As it stands, Warner plans to release all the films of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Trilogies on 4K UHD Blu-ray. The release date is planned for summer 2020! 

@hope

Edited by HEMAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Google Translated

The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit" movies coming to 4K Blu-ray

As it stands, Warner plans to release all the films of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Trilogies on 4K UHD Blu-ray. The release date is planned for summer 2020! 

@hope

Wow :O

Will get the Hobbit one. 

My LOTR collection is priceless to me

Edited by hope

Lol 
the Director himself is not sure whether it’s the same Joker that would become the counter part to Batman when Bruce grows up 

He says everything is left on viewer interpretation 
like everything!! 
Lol he obviously knows he is just keeping his options open for a sequel.. He says something now he will have to commit to it..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, AnK said:

Lol 

the Director himself is not sure whether it’s the same Joker that would become the counter part to Batman when Bruce grows up 

He says everything is left on viewer interpretation 

like everything!! 

Not sure where you got that from but Phillips has mentioned it time and again that Arthur Fleck will not have an encounter with The Batman, in future.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/joker-batman-joaquin-phoenix-robert-pattinson-1203329997/

Not sure where you got that from but Phillips has mentioned it time and again that Arthur Fleck will not have an encounter with The Batman, in future.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/joker-batman-joaquin-phoenix-robert-pattinson-1203329997/

That is not upto him though. It is upto Warner Bros

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Watched Piku recently really liked it. Any such similar kind of Bollywood movies which have some decent quality humor and or feel good kind of story without any action scenes and unnecessary songs? Something little different from usual.

Don't know about similarity to piku.

But watch Newton : dark quality light humor, down to earth movie, no songs/action, realistic movie, great acting and unique contrasting characters.

Edited by GunnerY2J