Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

3 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

Watched Joker, loved it. Last 30 minutes were full of goosebumps.The  personality change was done so well by Phoenix. Crowd was cheering in that elevator &  stairs scene.

Yeah it felt surreal when people cheered and whistled. Imagine if people clapped and cheered when Thanos stabbed Tony or choked Loki to death :lol:  The character arc was incredibly well done.

The guy goes from being beaten by a bunch of kids to brutally murdering someone twice his size with bare hands. The contrast between him uncontrollably laughing in front of stand-up comedy audience and just smiling when standing over an angry mob who would do anything for him in that moment.
The transformation is just amazing.

53 minutes ago, AnK said:

the intellect lacking mind would not fully understand the true nature of this piece of art 

Now this is complete and utter BS!! And to call people who like the movie or cheer for Joker intellect lacking is downright disrespectful. "Art" by it's very nature is subjective. What you like, it's entirely possible someone else will not like. And vice-versa as well. It can be seen in this very thread. Some users like I, adity, carboncore etc. like the movie. While you, aftrunner etc. don't like it. Alternatively, these days I find Marvel movies completely boring and a waste of time. But you might like it. That's absolutely fine.

I can kinda understand the cheering for Joker part as well. People know Joker is a villain. They know Joker is a complete psycho who must be put down. But Phoenix gave such a compelling acting performance that people just felt like cheering. That's what good acting is. And it's not just in CC's screen, people were cheering for Joker when I went to the show as well. So you might just be in the minority of those who did not like the movie. And that's absolutely fine.

Just don't disrespect people by questioning their intellect.

• Like 4

I dont understand how its weird when ppl cheered for that particular stairs scene. Joker is one of the most famous and liked character ever, and he finally presents himself in that particular screen. Ofcourse ppl liked it when he comes on screen. This is what the whole movie was about, ORIGIN. And phoenix did an amazing job in the acting department. The walk towards the elevator was worth cheering. The transformation was amazing.

I remember ppl cheering for vader when he wrecked sh*t at the end of rogue one. Both are villains, both did the wrong thing and both showcased their ruthless nature. One with skill, one with overcoming his timid nature and going bat sh*t crazy.

And among the so called educated peeps, these same villains are decorated in their rooms, loved and praised, in regular chit chats.

lol this popped up in my timeline. WTF is this? Guy is a football player and a gunda, beats up goons on streets, then coaches a women football team, and some woman is boxer too? And they  train in a dark muddy ground at night? And then he blows up vehicles? Talk about throwing a kitchen sink, they have thrown the entire kitchen.

@AnK Even without taking actor's performance into consideration, people do root for villains all the time. And it's absolutely fine so long as it's confined to fiction like movies, TV Shows, Video Games etc. It is just absolutely horrible when it's in real world. Joker is one of the most iconic villains of the entire modern literature. So some people will root for him. People also went crazy when Vader came and choked out the life of those officers in Rogue One.

Also, people did not cheer when Phoenix killed the mother character. They cheered after the Transformation scene. Because more than the make-up itself, just from the change in Phoenix's body language, they knew that the Joker had been born at last.

People can cheer for villains all they want in films.It's fine so long as the character and story is fictional and not based on a real horrible person IRL. It just becomes sickening when they start doing it to the real news. And those that do cheer for IRL villains are those who are most probably mentally sick.  

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Big Boss said:

lol this popped up in my timeline. WTF is this? Guy is a football player and a gunda, beats up goons on streets, then coaches a women football team, and some woman is boxer too? And they  train in a dark muddy ground at night? And then he blows up vehicles? Talk about throwing a kitchen sink, they have thrown the entire kitchen.

this needs an all India release with either translation or even subtitles. Sallu bhai has nothing on this 

13 hours ago, Big Boss said:

2 hours ago, puns said:

this needs an all India release with either translation or even subtitles. Sallu bhai has nothing on this 

The main guy apparently has a double role, one is a football coach, the other a goon.

15 hours ago, adity said:

Holy f**k who put money into this? The cast is absolutely loaded and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be mediocre. 

Tony Stark died for this sh*t. 

Yup. Insane cast. Most of them probably have very short roles.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Smh. Why tf would Netflix find such sh*t. 
Netflix hasn't really funded this.. This was a karan Johar produced sh*t.. In the can for a while now.. Realised how shitty it was and later just sold to netflix...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk