Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

3 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

When is the lighthouse releasing here?

No details yet, sadly.

My pessimistic guess would be that we'll probably have to wait until Jan or Feb next year :\

Such movies can be marketed with an "oscar-nominated" or "oscar-winning" film tag around that time (if it gets nominated that is).

Hope we get it sooner though.

Looks pretty cool. I hope there is more to this than evil scientists/corporations cause that has been done to death.

Also wish it was someone else in the lead, Vin Diesel is kind of a sh*t actor. 

Joker has already made $730 million in 3 weeks. It's earnings has surpassed the likes of Captain America: Winter Soldier, Gravity and IT. Joker was also made on a budget of just $55 million USD, so it's one of the most proftable movies, earning more than 10 times what it cost to make. Joker has also not released in China, so if it releases over there, expect profits to go much higher.

Sourceshttps://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/10/20/joker-box-office-738-million-joaquin-phoenix-todd-phillips-batman-robert-pattinson-venom-deadpool-logan-aquaman-wonder-woman-shazam-jumanji-it-marvel-tarantino-gravity/#35fa120e3d43

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1187560/joker-budget-cost-joaquin-phoenix-joker-movie-box-office

Finally watched The Lion King, the new "live action" one.

Sooooo mediocre. Top notch CGI but dang I missed the expressions of the original, took the life out of it. 

They could have at least used motion capture, like they did in Andy Serkis's Mowgli.

Also caught Midsommar from the director of Hereditary.

A cult horror film very different from Hereditary, but quite disturbing and leaves an unsettling aftertaste. Some of the sequences are just plain weird. I noticed two kinds of reaction watching it - my friend found some sequences funny and on the other hand I was in awe of everything, definitely not for everyone.

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Goddamn! Those visuals and that music! :wOOtjumpy:

The opening lines of the trailer sound EXACTLY like Tony Stark is narrating them.

Looks f**king amazing, cant wait. :D