Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Watched Terminator: Dark Fate.

Thought it was pretty bad. It's pretty much a rehash of the first two Terminator movies. Only now it's tired, predictable and significantly worse! Not sure if it was the writing or the acting but the whole setup now sounds like a bunch of nonsense too.

I just couldn't give a sh*t about anyone or anything in the movie. I thought what they did with Arnold's character was kinda amusing but it wasn't explored nearly enough as much as it should have.

Ohh and all the cuss words are censored too (with either mutes or stupid replacements). Yup...all. For some reason they decided to go for a UA rating in India for an R-rated movie. It significantly lowers the impact of many dialogues.

And barring the first highway chase sequence (which was pretty good), nothing really stands out in the action department either.

Can't believe I got suckered into watching a new Terminator movie.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

Well it is significantly better than 4 and 5 in many ways.  If you expect Terminator to have the same quality of Avengers or any Oscar movie then it is not going to happen. Not inspiring or memorable but it was a good time pass movie. 

when is the last time a R-rated movie was released in Indian theatres? The same is also happening in Prime and Netflix too. Any nudity or gore scenes are edited out.  Other than language, they also cropped the butt scenes out (remember the trailer).  

Have not seen Joker yet so I don’t know how much is edited out. I never watch an R-rated movie in a theatre since I am aware of the censor nature here. 

12 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Well it is significantly better than 4 and 5 in many ways.  If you expect Terminator to have the same quality of Avengers or any Oscar movie then it is not going to happen. Not inspiring or memorable but it was a good time pass movie. 

when is the last time a R-rated movie was released in Indian theatres? The same is also happening in Prime and Netflix too. Any nudity or gore scenes are edited out.  Other than language, they also cropped the butt scenes out (remember the trailer).  

Have not seen Joker yet so I don’t know how much is edited out. I never watch an R-rated movie in a theatre since I am aware of the censor nature here. 

R rated movies definitely release here. It is just that in Terminator's case, distributors went with UA rating as that is obviously more appealing commercially. 

1 hour ago, Mysteryman said:

What are you even talking about? Nothing is censored on prime and Netflix. Joker was released with only 2 muted words, once upon a time in Hollywood was also released without any cuts, only 4-5 cuss words were censored. f**k etc wasn't even censored. And those are the movies released this year. There have been countless other movies.

28 minutes ago, adity said:

Deadpool 2, Logan, John wick 3, etc

I recall how brutal the first Deadpool was cut in India. Deadpool 2 and Logan were less with some muted words. John wick 3 has 3 minutes cut (the finger cut is one example). The cuts are quite erratic. One thing for sure that sex, nudity and some words are removed. The gore is on case to case basis. 

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

R rated movies definitely release here. It is just that in Terminator's case, distributors went with UA rating as that is obviously more appealing commercially. 

It's just my opinion, but I think it has to do with the fact that Terminator 2 - The most popular Terminator movie and the one ehich is most commonly watched in India - is UA rated in India. T2 is basically what comes to mind first if anyone even refers to Terminator here. And a lot of kids watch that. So tons of kids go watch new Terminator movies, expecting T2 levels. So publishers cannot actually release an R or AO (US Rating) Terminator movie here without it seeming strange and alienating tons of people from the franchise.

It's just my opinion, but I think it has to do with the fact that Terminator 2 - The most popular Terminator movie and the one ehich is most commonly watched in India - is UA rated in India. T2 is basically what comes to mind first if anyone even refers to Terminator here. And a lot of kids watch that. So tons of kids go watch new Terminator movies, expecting T2 levels. So publishers cannot actually release an R or AO (US Rating) Terminator movie here without it seeming strange and alienating tons of people from the franchise.
That is what i had in mind. Didn't want to elaborate it properly like you did.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

What are you even talking about? Nothing is censored on prime and Netflix. Joker was released with only 2 muted words, once upon a time in Hollywood was also released without any cuts, only 4-5 cuss words were censored. f**k etc wasn't even censored. And those are the movies released this year. There have been countless other movies.

See men in black international in Prime. It blur and cut the part where the 2 aliens copied the poor middle eastern man before turning into a blob. 

Lot of movies with nude and gore content are removed from their offering. Request you to find any movie you found with nude or gore content and see if it is still there now. 

The self-censorship is just getting started. Google it. 

Edited by Mysteryman

9 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Hmmm. T2 is indeed the best one in the series but not something kids should watch. Still those kids are now adults so would not get bothered by the R rating. 

3 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

What? Why?

I saw it as a kid, too. So, what's the problem if kids these days watch T2.

T2 is R-rated per age ratings.

Yeah nowadays kids see anything with unsupervised and faster internet access which is a problem parents face. 

14 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Well it is significantly better than 4 and 5 in many ways. 

That's not really saying much, is it?

And I would actually say it's on par with 4. Not significantly better.

14 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

If you expect Terminator to have the same quality of Avengers or any Oscar movie then it is not going to happen.

How did you even come to the conclusion that I was expecting it be Oscar material? :lol:

Can't a movie be good without it being oscar worthy? Was Terminator 2 Oscar material? Was Deadpool?

29 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

That's not really saying much, is it?

And I would actually say it's on par with 4. Not significantly better.

How did you even come to the conclusion that I was expecting it be Oscar material? :lol:

Can't a movie be good without it being oscar worthy? Was Terminator 2 Oscar material? Was Deadpool?

T2 won 4 oscars.

1 minute ago, Playstationdude said:

T2 won 4 oscars.

Technical oscars.

IIRC even some of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies have technical oscars. You wouldn't exactly bring those movies up when you hear the phrase "oscar worthy" though, would you?

And no, I'm not comparing T2 with PoTC. I'm just trying to make my point.

Dhan dhana dhan goal is an underrated movie. (Apart from the unwanted Bipasha Basu angle)

One of the best sports movie in Bollywood for me, Iqbal and bhaag Milkha being way ahead (although it's a biopic) but dhan dhana makes me emotional.

I don't find chak de India to have the same re-watch value.

And Dangal was very boring the first time itself.(didn't even finish it)

Edited by GunnerY2J