Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

2 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Dhan dhana dhan goal is an underrated movie. (Apart from the unwanted Bipasha Basu angle)

One of the best sports movie in Bollywood for me, Iqbal and bhaag Milkha being way ahead (although it's a biopic) but dhan dhana makes me emotional.

I don't find chak de India to have the same re-watch value.

And Dangal was very boring the first time itself.(didn't even finish it)

Talking about dangal and dhan****goal in the same sentence, are you high dude ? Also, just FYI, dangal was a original, dhan dhan whatever was a poor remake of, guess what, Goal !!

On 11/3/2019 at 1:20 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

Was Terminator 2 Oscar material?

Yes absolutely. Also its very rare for an out and out action movie to win multiple Oscars outside of technical categories. T2 just happens to be one of the greatest movies ever made on top of being a pure action movie, and IMO where James Cameron peaked. 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Yes absolutely. Also its very rare for an out and out action movie to win multiple Oscars outside of technical categories. T2 just happens to be one of the greatest movies ever made on top of being a pure action movie, and IMO where James Cameron peaked. 

You've taken my question out of context.

I was asking that in reference to what people generally consider "Oscar material" is -- really well made dramas. The same "Oscar material" which I was asked not to expect a Terminator movie to be at the beginning of the conversation when I bashed Dark Fate.

For the record, I myself consider T2 to be worthy of a Best Director nom at least.

12 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Dhan dhana dhan goal is an underrated movie. (Apart from the unwanted Bipasha Basu angle)

One of the best sports movie in Bollywood for me, Iqbal and bhaag Milkha being way ahead (although it's a biopic) but dhan dhana makes me emotional.

I don't find chak de India to have the same re-watch value.

And Dangal was very boring the first time itself.(didn't even finish it)

What! Dhan Dhana dhan goal an underrated movie  :rofl: 

It was an epic disaster.

12 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Talking about dangal and dhan****goal in the same sentence, are you high dude ? Also, just FYI, dangal was a original, dhan dhan whatever was a poor remake of, guess what, Goal !!

Lol, it has nothing to do with the Hollywood goal, absolutely nothing, zero resemblance.

And Hollywood goal wasnt very impressive.

Dangal was one of the most boring movies I have watched.

Edited by GunnerY2J

1 hour ago, Kirti said:

What! Dhan Dhana dhan goal an underrated movie  :rofl: 

It was an epic disaster.

That's what underrated means.

It was a flop but enjoyable.

Maybe a guilty pleasure movie as people say, it is cringey but has moments of football emotions taking over.

I have watched it multiple times (3-4) over the decade.

Edited by GunnerY2J

11 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Dhan dhana dhan goal was really sh*t movie man. Watch Goal if you want to experience a good football movie.

Goal was okay, story was good.

The football shown in it was so f**king unrealistic.

It's good for someone not much into football but the story/moments/dialogues are very generic.

Pele and the damned united are masterpieces.

After watching the damned united, there is a 100% chance of becoming Brian Clough's fan.

Edited by GunnerY2J

I understand when dhan dhana is said to be a sh*t movie, it is cringey, has some bollywood masala but enjoyable and gives you some strong feels.

But if you really want a masterpiece level of a  football movie : goal is not the answer by any means at all, in ways this is also a  generic blockbuster masala football movie.

For a Proper football movie :

Watch the damned united (I watched this movie 6-7 times in the first 10 days I saw it and even more times since then - not that you understand the movie but you can't get enough of it)

Not just the best football movie could be one of the best films ever made based on one man and his career, very strong performances, characters and dialogues.

A decent amount of scenes can be watched again and again.

Pele is great as well.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Just now, GunnerY2J said:

Maybe a guilty pleasure movie as people say, it is cringey but has moments of football emotions taking over.

I respect your choice but for me an underrated movie means a Film which is very good (not a flop one) and had the capacity to do more business and gain more recognition overall, but was overlooked by the audiences.

Like today in the Indian movie scenario, people are liking brainless movies and ignoring the good ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

that's not what underrated means, underrated movies are usually those who don't get their fair share of recognition  and usually go unnoticed by the mainstream media and the masses .  They go unnoticed or underrated because either they were  ahead of their time, the ideas presented was for a very niche audience or the makers didn't have the budget to  publicize it etc.    Dhanadhan was advertised well, had a stellar cast and everything a usual bollywood masala movie has.  The reason it flopped was coz it was a badly made movie,despite getting it's fair share of publicity and stuff.  It definitely doesn't deserved to be called 'underrated', it was properly rated for what it was !

Edited by Ne0

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

that's not what underrated means, underrated movies are usually those who don't get their fair share of recognition  and usually go unnoticed by the mainstream media and the masses .  They go unnoticed or underrated because either they were  ahead of their time, the ideas presented was for a very niche audience or the makers didn't have the budget to  publicize it etc.    Dhanadhan was advertised well, had a stellar cast and everything a usual bollywood masala movie has.  The reason it flopped was coz it was a badly made movie,despite getting it's fair share of publicity and stuff.  It definitely doesn't deserved to be called 'underrated', it was properly rated for what it was !

Edit after double post

Underrated not necessarily should be related with the promotion stuff, 

maybe most disliked it (rightly) but some part of the audience loved it for some of its very good reasons.

and there are many overrated high budget movies that succeeded a lot which were not that good which could make this underrated instead (but I won't disagree with its not underrated)

if the same thing Arshad Warsi and John abraham did was done by Shah Rukh Khan and Salman khan, it would have been a super hit.

and TBH , Arshad,John and Boman did a good job.

it covers some deep topics of racism in football as well and some loyalty and community factors which are touching for the football fan.

and is an energetic movie.

not a very good movie definitely but comparatively should/could have done better as many much more inferior movies do and am sure was liked by a decent amount of people.

i watched it in theatre at the time.

Edited by GunnerY2J

14 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Underrated compared to other masala movies which are successful.

And yes, now I did agree maybe more of a guilty pleasure movie with its fair share of feel great moments.

Slight wrong choice of words, enjoyable and worth it nonetheless.

Also ,no way related to Hollywood goal like you said and not very inferior either.

Edited by GunnerY2J

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

^^If you like football, check out Diego Maradona movie that came out last month. 

__

Goal movie is garbage. Can't believe they made 3 of those... 

Will check it out.

Edit : its a documentary have watched a few including Ronaldo's (which was sh*t) they don't have the same effect as movies.Thiss looks better.

Do watch damned united and Pele.

Masterpieces.

Damned united is even the best movie I have watched ever.

Goal 1 was very good for the time (for me as I didn't watch much football although it was clear even then that the football shown was extremely unrealistic)

While 3 was unwatchable and 2 was a decent one time watch and forget.

Edited by GunnerY2J

1 minute ago, GunnerY2J said:

Goal 1 was very good for the time (for me as I didn't watch much football although it was clear even then that the football shown was extremely unrealistic)

While 3 was unwatchable and 2 was a decent one time watch and forget.

Why the hell was even Goal 3 made. Kuch bhi bana diya movie ka.

26 minutes ago, Kirti said:

Why the hell was even Goal 3 made. Kuch bhi bana diya movie ka.

to make money, why else ? Also, just my observation, ppl tend to watch movies with more confidence when they're sequels / prequels of a known movie.  Same reason why we've the terminator franchise still alive even with a string of duds after t2.  Ppl still are interested just coz its a terminator movie, wouldn't draw the same attention if they make it into a standalone action movie !