Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Done with Rogue nation in the ongoing march towards rewatching the MI series. Probably the weakest of the new films. Still a great watch though. 

So far - 

MI Ghost Protocol > MI 1 > MI Rogue Nation > MI 2 > MI 3

I think the whole love story kinda dragged MI3 down a lot. And I think the film makers knew that too cause Ghost Protocol, Rogue Nation and Fallout have all been pretty much about the action with occasional side steps into finding love interests for Hunt. 

Gonna watch Fallout next. Really looking forward to that one, when I saw it, it felt like the best film of the series. Lets see if it holds up for rewatches. 

Also gotta give a shout out to the MI theme music. Such a fantastic tune. And I love the little remixes they do for it every now and then. The Indian remix in Ghost Protocol was probably my favorite. 

Done with Rogue nation in the ongoing march towards rewatching the MI series. Probably the weakest of the new films. Still a great watch though. 

So far - 

I think the whole love story kinda dragged MI3 down a lot. And I think the film makers knew that too cause Ghost Protocol, Rogue Nation and Fallout have all been pretty much about the action with occasional side steps into finding love interests for Hunt. 

Gonna watch Fallout next. Really looking forward to that one, when I saw it, it felt like the best film of the series. Lets see if it holds up for rewatches. 

Also gotta give a shout out to the MI theme music. Such a fantastic tune. And I love the little remixes they do for it every now and then. The Indian remix in Ghost Protocol was probably my favorite. 
I think you have swapped 2nd with 3rd. 2nd is the worst and thats because of the love story (which was the mission). 3rd one is actually better than most and is filled with tense moments, at least its first half was.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dante77 said:
18 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

So far - 

I think you have swapped 2nd with 3rd. 2nd is the worst and thats because of the love story (which was the mission). 3rd one is actually better than most and is filled with tense moments, at least its first half was.

I dunno. I think both 2 and 3 are close. Neither is a bad film and neither is that much worse than other. 

But I would still put 2 ahead of 3. Yes it has a campy love story but the whole film is kinda campy and goofy in an over the top way that makes up for it. The John Woo slow mo shots are great. Anthony Hopkins chews through his dialogue with aplomb. The bike chase at the end and the final fight are fun as f**k to watch. 3 keeps the love story stuff but drops everything else that was fun about MI2. 

Plus it has the best soundtrack of the entire franchise. Even the Limb Bizkit song is catchy as f**k. I listened to the OST on that so much it never left my walkman. 

Edited by Aftrunner

Hmmm. I have only seen 2 ones, looks like I have to re-watch it. I loved the 3rd part though, minus the love story of course. First half party scene and that escape of Seymour Hoffman was totally worth seeing again.

Now that we are talking. I wanna watch them again default_biggrin.png will start from 2.

EDIT: Looks like I am right, 2 is least rated on IMDB. But I will definitely watch it again, that long haired tom cruise :wub:

Hmmm. O have only seen 2 ones, looks like I have to re-watch it. I loved the 3rd part though, minus the love story of course. First half party scene and that escape of Seymour Hoffman was totally worth seeing again.

Now that we are talking. I wanna watch them again :D will start from 2.

The Irishman is excellent!

Considering its very lengthy run-time, it's incredible how well paced and consistently engaging it is. And as expected, Pesci, De Niro and Pacino are all fantastic!

The de-ageing CGI, while a little distracting at times, is still pretty good. What the CGI can't fix though is De Niro's gait. It does awkwardly stick out quite a bit :\

On 11/28/2019 at 12:37 AM, Aftrunner said:

I dunno. I think both 2 and 3 are close. Neither is a bad film and neither is that much worse than other. 

But I would still put 2 ahead of 3. Yes it has a campy love story but the whole film is kinda campy and goofy in an over the top way that makes up for it. The John Woo slow mo shots are great. Anthony Hopkins chews through his dialogue with aplomb. The bike chase at the end and the final fight are fun as f**k to watch. 3 keeps the love story stuff but drops everything else that was fun about MI2. 

Plus it has the best soundtrack of the entire franchise. Even the Limb Bizkit song is catchy as f**k. I listened to the OST on that so much it never left my walkman. 

Bruh MI:2 made me want to grow my hair, look for Oakley self destruct sunglasses, and change my bike preference from the fully faired sport to the naked street triple, because Ethan goddamn Hunt. Also, jinx on the walkman blaring the soundtrack all fkn day. Plus Thandie Newton was hawth! 

Rogue Nation is the best of the lot, even though some moments and cinematography of Fallout are jaw-dropping gorgeous. The problem is, after Rogue Nation's nuclear thing, they haven't really found a great antagonist, or a higher stake situation.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 2:52 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

Yup.

Thx. Watched it last night. Pacing was amazing for such a long movie. The build up towards the end kept me engaged and hooked for a long long long time. Amazing Direction, Excellent acting and the mood of the movie dials up to 11 once Al Pacino enters the scene. Overall, an excellent and exceptional movie in a long time. 

Watched The Good Liar today.

Superb acting by Sir & Dame :wub:...two of my fav. actors. The film was engaging from the beginning. The film could have ended in many different ways but the director chose differently and I'm glad he did. The ending was really good. It has become one of my fav. movies of all time. Watch it and enjoy it!!!!

Committed a huge mistake of watching War on Amazon prime today. OMFG what a sh*t movie. Even action scenes are generic. Also the amount of times Hritik and Tiger stare at each other in slow-motion is almost homo-erotic :rofl:. One of the worst movies I have ever seen.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Out now on Prime Video.

With this, Marriage Story and Rise of Skywalker, Adam Driver has 3 movies releasing in the space of less than a month and all of them are looking really good.

Damn dude. We are really spoiled for choice. 

This, The Irishman, Once upon a time in Hollywood to watch at home. Ford vs Ferrari and 1917 (soonish) in cinema. Busy December. :D

Watched Knives Out.

Sharp writing, editing and some really good performances make it a highly entertaining movie!

Yes, Rian Johnson does his "expectation subversion" again. I personally love it and I loved it here as well as the movie was overall very well put together.

And judging by all the audible crowd reactions throughout the movie and also the round of applause it got at the end, I can safely say that it is very much a crowd-pleaser as well.

Just go watch the movie. You're sure to have a good time.

3 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Damn dude. We are really spoiled for choice. 

This, The Irishman, Once upon a time in Hollywood to watch at home. Ford vs Ferrari and 1917 (soonish) in cinema. Busy December. :D

Add Knives Out to the list :P

Edited by STICK3Rboy