Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

On 12/16/2019 at 10:39 PM, Aftrunner said:

Off all the Cruise movies to get a sequel to, they make one for a US Airforce recruitment commercial. O.o

Give us Edge of tomorrow 2 or something. 

I almost gave up on you after you said you still loved the LOTR movies,.  But you pulled me right back in :wub:

• Haha 1

STAR WARS: Rise of Skywalker Reviews out...and not looking great

RT - 54% | Average Rating: 6.25/10

• The good news is, The Rise of Skywalker is the send-off the saga deserves. The bad news is, it is largely the send-off we expected. Of course there is epic action to savour and surprises and spoilers to spill, but given the long, long build-up, some of the saga’s big revelations and developments might be a little unsatisfying on reflection.
  • Abrams doesn't stick to a template as much as he did with "Force Awakens," but there are familiar turns that go down like comfort food. You want lightsaber tussles? There are plenty between Rey, who’s still wrestling with identity issues and her background, and First Order leader Kylo Ren (Adam Driver). Ridley and Driver fueled a lot of the emotion in those previous films, and they rise to the occasion again as the lifeblood of "Skywalker."But after paying homage to everything that came before, this "Star Wars" ending is a too-safe landing of a massive pop-culture starship, and a spectacular finale that misses a chance to forge something special.
  • Rest assured that there’s nothing in this final “Star Wars” that would prompt the eye-rolls or the snickers of Episodes I-III; Abrams is too savvy a studio player for those kinds of shenanigans. But his slick delivery of a sterling, shiny example of what Martin Scorsese would call “not cinema” feels momentarily satisfying but ultimately unfulfilling. It’s a somewhat soulless delivery system of catharsis, but Disney and Abrams are banking on the delivery itself to be enough.

On 12/16/2019 at 6:58 PM, Joe Cool said:

Miles Teller looks so much like Goose.

Also....hook it right into my veins.

29 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Worst of the nine main SW movies :blink:

I just refuse to believe that. The second Lucas trilogy has some of the worst writing, acting and CG in anything ever. This movie would have to be The Room levels of insanity to compete. 

Going by the reviews I am sure this movie is a bit of a mess. But lets not compare it to sand that is annoying and gets everywhere. JFC.

8 hours ago, Madmage said:

I almost gave up on you after you said you still loved the LOTR movies,.  But you pulled me right back in :wub:

:makeout:

55 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Did he just sign up to do this movie so he could try fly a jet lol? 

IIRC he has a pilot's license and owns a P-51 as well