Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

“See trailer in theatres for maximum effect”. ?

The title is a palindrome. And hypertyped to slam in that effect. He’s going to try and make this so it doesn’t matter if you watch the movie backwards. Nolan you crazy son of a bitch. 

“See trailer in theatres for maximum effect”. ?

The title is a palindrome. And hypertyped to slam in that effect. He’s going to try and make this so it doesn’t matter if you watch the movie backwards. Nolan you crazy son of a bitch. 

Awesome trailer, didn't understand sh1t, but I guess that's not a bad thing.  Had similar feeling when I watched inception trailer for the first time.  Would not watch any more trailers , let's see, maybe Nolan won't pull another interstellar on us ?

Best thing about that trailer are the comments :rofl:

When will the movie be released?

It's already out.

Christopher Nolan: we already have

Hans Zimmer: when do we begin

Professor Hulk: “Time travel does not work that way!”

Nolan: “way that work not does travel time”

Inception: I am the most confusing movie ever

Tenet: beer my hold

I saw THE FILM, dont waste your time or money, if you are a true star wars fan. 

The entire pantheon of  Star Wars greats have been defiled and butchered. The producers, storywriters and the directors of this triology must be shot dead.

Edited by kmkaks

The Rise of Skywalker - What a f**king sh*t-show :lol:

It seems like the top priority of the movie was to address all the fan criticisms of the previous movies (especially TLJ) and not actually to tell a story of its own.

They've taken plot points from popular fan theories and just built a nonsensical plot around it. None of these plot points feel earned either. They're just forced down your throat. Character arcs and revelations lack any kind of weight to them. The pacing is manic and relentless and not in a good way.

The movie doesn't feel like it was made by a director with a vision. It feels like it was made by an AI which took its inputs from the scores of whinging SW fans.

Some reviewer had called this movie a zombie and I wholeheartedly agree with him.

The only good thing I can say about it is that it is mildly entertaining at times. Ohh and also Babu Frik. That little guy (with a screentime of about a minute) was probably the best thing in the movie :lol:

2 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

It seems like the top priority of the movie was to address all the fan criticisms of the previous movies (especially TLJ) and not actually to tell a story of its own.

They've taken plot points from popular fan theories and just built a nonsensical plot around it. None of these plot points feel earned either. They're just forced down your throat. Character arcs and revelations lack any kind of weight to them. The pacing is manic and relentless and not in a good way.

The movie doesn't feel like it was made by a director with a vision. It feels like it was made by an AI which took its inputs from the scores of whinging SW fans.

Some reviewer had called this movie a zombie and I wholeheartedly agree with him.

The only good thing I can say about it is that it is mildly entertaining at times. Ohh and also Babu Frik. That little guy (with a screentime of about a minute) was probably the best thing in the movie :lol:

Don’t blame JJ bro. It’s all Kathleen Kennedy’s fault. Well, she just wanted to make the force female.lol.

3 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I can forgive everything else but the ending. The ending was disney telling *beep* you to Star Wars fandom. 

SPOILER ALERT (TRUST ME, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF U GET SPOILED ABOUT THIS POS FILM)

negatives: 

For the first time in a Star Wars film, the last two lightsaber battles felt pointless. There was absolutely no stake or purpose.

Whereas Reylo had a good thing going, it ended up feeling right up in Twilight territory, due to poor writing and direction.

Why the hell were the knights of ren posing in different places, without purpose like Fashion models?

Did anyone notice a progressive last order board room? One black woman, one Asian woman, 50% women, even the emperor is progressive.lol.

Then Liea kicks Luke’s defiled a*s when they were training in the flashback scene and even foresees Ben’s future. She is implied to be more powerful with the force than Luke.

The Emperor’s son was a useless Sh!t.

Oh, and I would have renamed the film: SjWars : Rise of Macguffin. 

The worst Macguffin was General Hux. Yuck!

The film has the worst title crawl In all Star Wars history. They even got the title wrong in the crawl.

Did Finn forget Rose?

Did you notice how the Emperor killed himself without stopping shooting the lightning reflected by Rey? Wtf? 

Overall, The Last Jedi was a bit better. It was at least coherent. This one was an incoherent mess.

Snake scene was cringey and pointless AF.

Every time Lando entered I wished he were dead. Pure Cringe.

There was even some pathetic editing towards the end.

positives:

The only cool scene the film was Rey using force lightning. The concept of duos in force was great. Also, the last scene was a good ending for Ben Solos ark.

Adam Driver's performance was great.

Edited by kmkaks

I liked it. It's a mess pacing wise, the story is all over the place mainly trying to plug the holes caused by the TLJ torpedo, and ending is kinda underwhelming. Rogue One finale shits all over it. But it's a spectacle from start to end, the audio-visuals are goosebump inducing, Keri Russell is dope, and the movie actually moves at breakneck pace so it's not at least boring. The lightspeed hopping that the Falcon does is perfect analogy for the pacing. 

Also since it was the first show ever, lots of SW fans in the crowd. Someone shouted "may the force be with you" at the beginning, and was chorus replied "always" :lol:

58 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I liked it. It's a mess pacing wise, the story is all over the place mainly trying to plug the holes caused by the TLJ torpedo, and ending is kinda underwhelming. Rogue One finale shits all over it. But it's a spectacle from start to end, the audio-visuals are goosebump inducing, Keri Russell is dope, and the movie actually moves at breakneck pace so it's not at least boring. The lightspeed hopping that the Falcon does is perfect analogy for the pacing. 

Also since it was the first show ever, lots of SW fans in the crowd. Someone shouted "may the force be with you" at the beginning, and was chorus replied "always" :lol:

I love a good crowd. Can make a movie so much more fun. 

Going to see this tomorrow.